2014 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,097 - $24,208.

10/7.8

Based on 242 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Love the truck

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pros: "great truck"

Cons: "would rather have a CD player with it."

"I bought this truck in 2013 and to this day, on a long trip that we just took to Colorado, it got 20.6 mpg. My sister said it feels like we are going slow, due to it rides so smooth. Very blessed to own this truck. Love the color. I had a Quad Cab before and then I bought this Crew Cab and they are very roomy. The back seats lift up and you can put out the fold out floor for carrying plants, groceries etc. My husband loves my truck."

Love the truck, no problems except tires wear fast

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Powerful, fast, fun to drive, HighWay 20-22 mpg"

Cons: "Gas milage around town about 16-18 mpg"

"Great truck for the money. Ford and Chevy were much more though I love Ford trucks, just couldn't afford one. Road handling is excellent for a truck. Coil springs in rear give a great ride and have no problem towing up to 6000lbs trailer. Powerful with great acceleration. Great for winter driving in snow and ice. Off road good, wish I had a limited slip differential. Tire wear and gas millage are my only complaints so far. I get 16-18 mpg around town and I can get 20-22 mpg on the highway if I use the speed control and set it to 60mph. If you get a ram, be sure to get the Limited Slip Differential which I regret not getting. Miss it. Chrysler very slow with recall N08/NHTSA 13V-038 which reports the axle pinion nut may not have been secured with an adhesive patch, thus causing the rear axil to seize and cause a crash. Been waiting several months for the repair. Dealer say's, "it's coming". In the mean time, hope no one gets hurt or worse. Still love the truck, would recommend it, so far!!"

A little pricey but overall a Great truck!

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Safety, Durability, and Style"

Cons: "Price"

"I've owned my truck now for 7 months, and I do everything in it. The gas isn't that bad either for a truck I average 17 mpg, but I usually get about 21 mpg on the Hwy. Yes, I have the Hemi in my truck too. The power is always there when you need it(i.e. pulling, passing, etc.). Only complaint is Price, so I suggest stick it to those sales people as hard as you can."

My 2nd RAM - GREAT Truck

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "Everything - GREAT TRUCK"

Cons: "Oil Change Interval"

"This is my 2nd RAM and the improvements make this the best vehicle I've ever owned. The drive is great, the sound from the sterio rivals my BOSE system in the house. Comfortable to drive, powerful to haul. I had a 2007 RAM and it performed flawlessly. It never needed a repair of any kind, just changed the oil. My only complaint is the engine has a 7 qt sump and is still only rated for 3000 miles between oil changes. RAM needs to work on extending the oil change interval (7500 should be the target)."

Truck has some issues that you should know about

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "Clothes hangers are placed so that the rear view !"

"Initially, I test-drove a V-6 and a Hemi-8. I thought that the V-6 was a bit weak on the long hills here in NW Georgia. But, the salesman at Dodge convinced me that after the first oil change the power of the motor would increase enough to give it the power needed. I bought the V-6. First oil change gave the truck no more increase in power/performance. Than, I used the AC and the truck's power dipped down a bit more! The "Uconnect" computer system with its touch-screen is also problematic. The radio will not shut off. The sound can be muted but, will come back on each time you start up the motor. Very annoying! The GPS/Navigation system is "pre-programmed" and when you want to find a location you MUST know exactly the part of a city or town where that street is or, the system will not allow you to map it. Good luck! The Bluetooth system has been off and on all by itself. This computerized system is an expensive option that I could have done without! Yes, I have brought the truck in for trouble-shooting and I am told each time that this is the way this truck and its components are "supposed to work." On the positive side: this truck is comfortable, quiet riding and it does get good MPG at about 17/18 around town and 21/23 on the long drives at highway speeds."