• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,709 - $24,632.

10/7.8

Based on 172 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

My first Dodge Ram truck, it is great!

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Very decent gas mileage for a big truck,"

Cons: "AC seems to take longer to cool the cab."

"This truck is so responsive to the gas pedal that it feels and acts like a much lighter vehicle, could almost use the word "nimble" in traffic. Rides great cruising at 75 on interstate. Mine has all the bells and whistles that I probably would not have ordered, they just came with the Lonestar Edition. I really like the truck. I drove GMC trucks from 1990 to 2013, this Ram is much better than my last GMC (a 2006 model that had problems almost from day one). And it is obvious that a lot of thought and engineering went into so many of the convenience features, it is very "user friendly"."

EcoDiesel makes this truck a steal!!!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks great, fuel mileage, interior comfort & ride"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have this truck for 1 month with 2600 miles and it has lived up to the reviews and hype! The truck is very reliable with the radio and electronics. The diesel engine has returned excellent mpg ratings - 27-31 on the highway and around 22-24 in town. Keep it around 67 to 69 mph and you can achieve 30 mph, if you keep it around 74-75, then you are around 26-27 mph. Really awesome fuel mileage. The hands-free phone interface works very well and will allow you to call with short sentences like "Call John Smith Mobile". The heated/cooled seats works very efficiently. Interior noise is kept to minimum. Only items to add to this Laramie package in the future would be surround cameras and radar-controlled cruise control."

This is my fourth Ram since 1999

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive and look at."

Cons: "Screen on Stereo display very bright at night."

"I am truly happy with this truck. This is my fourth Ram since 1999 and my third HEMI. This truck is solid and very comfortable to drive. Any time we have to drive on a long trip we take this. Even my wife who is only five feet tall (on a good day) is comfortable driving this truck. We have had no reliability issues with this vehicle and the quality of the build is excellent. It is hard on gas, but it's a truck with a HEMI. I expected nothing else. We have no real complaints about this vehicle, even today, almost 4 years after purchase and 45,000 miles, no squeeks or rattle and the motor and transmission are as strong as ever. The only complaint I have is in reference to the light on the stereo unit. I have the top of the line unit with a huge screen. Unfortunately at night when backing up, the screen is so bright I have a hard time seeing out of my right front window. I wish there were a way to dim the light on the stereo face. When it is time for my next truck, I will not hesitate to look at the Ram again."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Drives like a Lexus-tows like a truck..."

Cons: "PERFECT vehicle other than a slight rattle in dash"

"This is the most comfortable, smooth riding truck I have ever owned. Compliant suspension, yet solid handling when the going get rough. 390 HP Hemi is very tame in town, but when you push the pedal to the floor, had great power for passing or towing. At 55 years old, I can honestly say it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Will sell soon to by a 2014 Ram."

2012 Ram 1500 is an awesome truck!

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "Power, ride, handling, comfort, traction on 4x2"

Cons: "Stock headlights"

"No doubt this is the best driving truck - very comfortable. Plenty of power with the Hemi and I'm quite surprised I average 17 mpg in mostly city driving. This truck beats my Armada by 3-4 mpg in the same driving! The Uconnect works flawlessly and the cabin is really laid out nicely. I am extremely happy with this truck. I have the 4x2 with locking differential and it handles very good in the snow and ice. The dislikes are pretty minor - I could use more front seat head room (I'm tall at 6' 4" and the ceiling is lower than other models). I think the stock headlights are pretty dim so I replaced with CCFL's. Very happy with this truck and I would definitely buy a RAM again."

Not bad.....better than I expected!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great value, awesome everyday truck. Versatile!"

Cons: "Eats up gas and I hate the factory tires. Safety f"

"First off I wanna say that this is the best truck I've ever owned. I have had a 2010 Dodge Ram loved it, but this one seems to be better on gas and much faster for its size.To me this truck comes in at #2 that particular year. And the only reason why I say that is because the Silverado was a great truck that year in terms of reliability and durability.The F-150 I would place #3, great truck but not enough engine power in my opinion. The only thing I don't like about this truck is the steering wheel handling. It feels like theres no stability behind it,very free flow type of feel. And also after about 50,000 miles you wanna upgrade and maintenance on some things. And not a great fan of the Goodyear tires, I like the Toyo's better. Rather than that.....great truck.....great value!"

never had any warranty work yet

By on Saturday, May 31, 2014

Pros: "comfy ride and fun to drive,set up high"

Cons: "none yet"

"I haven't found anything I don't like. I have put a cold air intake kit on it and fuel mileage increased 1.5 mpg also had it rustproofed,paint sealant,interior protection and sound deadening.i luv my truck."

excellent

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Pros: "all"

"excellent best truck money can buy"

great truck with some engineering flaws

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "great to ride and drive"

Cons: "difficult to get in and use as a "truck""

"Great truck, drives and rides great, good fuel mileage for a truck. Same problem as most new trucks, sits entirely to high off the ground. Im a fairly tall guy (6'3") and have no trouble getting in and out… the problem is that the seat will be totally worn out before the truck has 40,000 miles on it from having to slide in and out! Newer trucks are so high from the ground older people can't even get in them easily and won't buy them due to that fact. I am also a contractor and the bed being so high is a huge issue for me. Its difficult to load/ unload and almost impossible to reach over the side to retrieve anything, then I end up having to drop the tailgate and crawl into the bed to get anything that is at the front of the bed. For this reason, I am selling my Ram and will replace it with an older body style that isn't so high off the ground. My previous F-350 Super Duty did not set as high as this 1500."

Best truck on the market

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Ride and looks"

Cons: "Nothing as of yet"

"I have had this truck for just over a year and absolutely love it. Comfort,ride,looks are all great. Had a 2006 mega cab ram before this and somehow they were able to make the ride even better. Pulls a load with ease. Great truck"

A Complete Surprise!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Heated/Ventilated Seats, Sound System, Exhaust.."

Cons: "It sits high up.. But it's a truck!! its expected!"

"I have the 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, Let me just say I didn't expect a very luxurious interior! Heated Seats and a heat wheel! Ventilated Seats.. The Exterior is well designed and the power of the 5.7 L Hemi is outstanding! The only thing I can't speak of is Reliability I baby this truck so it should be good! Overall this truck is awesome! Definitely check it out in person."

total package, excellent truck

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "drive it and you will see, everything"

Cons: "none yet"

"this truck is great, all the comforts of a SUV with the capabilities of Truck when needed. Power and looks, can take this truck to any venue and fit in, Games, dinner, night out on town, church. This truck is the total package."

Truck has some issues that you should know about

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "Clothes hangers are placed so that the rear view !"

"Initially, I test-drove a V-6 and a Hemi-8. I thought that the V-6 was a bit weak on the long hills here in NW Georgia. But, the salesman at Dodge convinced me that after the first oil change the power of the motor would increase enough to give it the power needed. I bought the V-6. First oil change gave the truck no more increase in power/performance. Than, I used the AC and the truck's power dipped down a bit more! The "Uconnect" computer system with its touch-screen is also problematic. The radio will not shut off. The sound can be muted but, will come back on each time you start up the motor. Very annoying! The GPS/Navigation system is "pre-programmed" and when you want to find a location you MUST know exactly the part of a city or town where that street is or, the system will not allow you to map it. Good luck! The Bluetooth system has been off and on all by itself. This computerized system is an expensive option that I could have done without! Yes, I have brought the truck in for trouble-shooting and I am told each time that this is the way this truck and its components are "supposed to work." On the positive side: this truck is comfortable, quiet riding and it does get good MPG at about 17/18 around town and 21/23 on the long drives at highway speeds."

love this truck

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"this truck i all around awesome looks good drives good."

Everything I wanted and more, no less.

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the price, High quality parts,"

Cons: "Upgrades ie: radio not available even if wanted"

"I knew it was what I wanted when I pulled on the lot. All black, aluminum wheels, black grill. Power mirrors, locks, and windows. This truck looks bad and really is. Pure power with the 5.7 Hemi. I didn't want all of the GPS, backup camera or all of the fancy electronics. Of course that's why there is the express model. Gas mileage steady around town at 10.9-11.5 mpg. I always have my foot down so I really don't keep track. If you can't afford the gas then buy a hybrid something. I love my Ram Truck."

Great truck

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Ride, looks towing ability."

Cons: "The quad cab is a little tight in the back for adu"

"I've owned this truck for two years and it has been a great vehicle. This is the second Ram I've owned. I have a 22' cuddy cabin I tow and the truck has no problems. The only reason I would get rid of this truck would be to get a brand new one."

Great Truck!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive love it awesome truck"

Cons: "Gas miliage. Could be better but I dont mind much"

"I love this truck. I have the 4.7L V8. It has all the power I need from a truck 310hp is more than enough for a day to day work truck. The Hemi is $5k more and only has 50 more hp. If you want a good reliable truck save your money and get the 4.7L Ram over a Tundra or Hemi. I love it!!!!"

Awesome Truck!

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Blast to drive, super comfortable"

Cons: "Wish it had the backup lines for rear camera."

"I have owned this beauty for over a year now and love it! We almost bought a 2011 Toyota but after driving around in the luxurious interior of the dodge we couldnt pass it up. Whole family is comfortable on the inside, plenty of room in the back. The Hemi and exhaust system I put in sounds flippin amazeballs. I would highly recommend getting this truck, you will not be disappointed."

Better than the competitors

By on Tuesday, April 01, 2014

Pros: "Resale value, storage centers, controls, ride,"

Cons: "outside mirrors seems to big"

"Ram beats Chevy, Ford and Toyota in quality. The SLT Big Horn Edition is overall the greatest full size crew cab ever bought. I like it a bunch being excellent in a (smooth ride) on a smooth transmission gives when driving the gravel roads in the country includes a new ''rotary dial'' without auto or automatic shifting read some owners doesn't like it but I'm pleased with it. Ram handles the freeways tight as drove to my hometown in KS wasn't warned out from a great quality ride got out my truck. V6 engine under a 302hp is very enthusiast in highest performance it beats those luxury cars off the road under quiet horsepower and think Chrysler gave the Ram some greater juice under the hood mean on how a crew cab has so much power with a V6 instead a V8 which still available but guess Ram just needed something more fuel efficient. This would be something see in a midsize car not a crew cab having 6 cylinder engine in class still has the best ride and better gas mileage on 26 mpg like window sticker said and commercial advertised to be. Navigation system available on SLT Big Horn with a UCONNECT it ft. Pandora radio, Bluetooth, heated steering wheel, ventilated seats and has an rear backup camera connected to it. Ram have a more roomier interior its very comfortable and unique in all the best quality. Drives quietly on road and love all storage compartments even seats folds into floorboard and love those compartments they are in the right places on this truck. Air suspension is a plus on having a more superb ride and drives really smoother while got 4WD on giving better fuel economy everything is best on Ram resale value. Love my Ram 1500 with lots of new technology its better than a Ford and Chevy in just about everything this is why its MOTOR TREND TRUCK OF THE YEAR because Chrysler built a high tech crew cab available for the road."

Cons: "column shift lever too long"

"grey hemi quad cab "Express" w. 20" chrome-clad wheels, dual exhausts...great looking & running truck @ unbeatable price...small complaint - long column shift lever impedes access to cup holders, but corrected on 2014 models with rotary shifter...others compliment frequently, including Ford, GM drivers...rides like luxury SUV"

This is the next generation of 1/2 ton trucks

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "RamBox,Air suspension system,Uconnect 8.4"

Cons: "Pandora is not part of the package for a year."

"This Ram truck is just class leading with a active airbag suspension,RamBox,5.7L cylinder deactivation,coil spring rear end is just amaze's me.This truck drives me to work like I am in a expensive sport car. Wow, load leveling air ride suspension,I just load our boat and press a button and it levels the truck automatically.20 inch wheels,with upgraded Nitto terra grappler's is just short of heaven.I used to be a diehard Ford F150,but my neighbor bought one and took me for a ride to the bike trail. I was shocked how easy his 8.4 inch Uconnect worked, it right away recognized my phone and his and paired us up bluetooth asap.I received a call in his truck,in bluetooth mode,not like mine in which I was constantly fighting to keep from losing my connecting and it never was able to hear me correctly. I like the texting optioning the Ram were I can text without taking my hands off the wheel.If you buy one check the box for the sunroof,it is awesome.It is hard to keep my wife from taking every day for her morning bike rides with the kids and dog,before I go to work.Pricing was just about a 2800.00 dollars below GM Silverado 5.3L 6 speed and Fords F150 Platium V6 Ecoboost 6 speed. Fuel mileage beats the Ford F150 Ecoboost by 2 miles to the gallon,the 8 speed see's to it always keeping me in 4 cylinder mode as long as possible. Also my Ford F150 required 2 flashes to my Ecoboost V6 I had because of drivers compliant of low fuel mileage,and limp mode,I never saw limp mode but never got the sticker fuel mileage advertised mpg.The Ram is getting between 22-25 all day long.Order the active suspension as well it you like the raised look.If you do not tow over 5000 pounds try test driving the V6 8 speed with a 3:55 axle,it is sweet."

Great truck but minor electrical problem

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, engine, transmission, comfort"

Cons: "UCONNECT issues has been resolved"

"I love this truck, it drives just like a car instead of something bigger in the air. My UCONNECT start giving me trouble but took to dealership without a problem now I'm a happy camper works absolutely great now. Ram handles smooth, air suspension is tight on getting better gas mileage and reducing an adequate ride on highway. I m 6'4'' have plenty of room stretching my legs and resting my left arm on door panel its comfortable for me with no issues. There are enough storage centers which is awesome the engine is now a 302hp PENTASTAR engine it beats 8 or 6 cylinders off the road being a crew cab its best in acceleration and transmission is powerfully smooth in ratios. Interior is bigger, with large console center and bucket cloth seats, heated seats, navigation, Pandora radio capability, Bluetooth, 1 year Sirius satellite radio is all standard excellent in this new technology with the UCONNECT 8'' color touch screen includes an rear backup camera. Its super fast as bought a Challenger or Charger, I love my Crew Cab being great having so much features hope can get a really good reliability from it."

Roomy and drives great.

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and versatility"

Cons: "18MPG"

"Great for trips for up to 5 people. Comfortable drivers seat adjustments takes the strain out of your knees and hips."

See if you qualify for