• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $23,762 - $24,639.

10/7.8

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Versatile, comfortable and dependable

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, features, driving quality"

Cons: "High step-in (remedied by step, but cost $895)"

"After test-driving both the V-8 and V-6, I chose the smaller engine. I don't tow anything heavy, the the refinement and mileage swayed me. I have a 4x4 Crew Cab. At 65 mph I get 23-24 mpg. Cruising 80 on the turnpike it drops to about 19--less if there is a headwind. Overall combined driving is averaging 19.3. Not bad for a big rig. The cabin is quiet apart from some wind noise around the mirrors at high speed. Ride and handling are superb. I have hauled various things in the bed and have transported five people. The truck has never felt underpowered for these tasks. I have not towed with it yet. At 6'4, I'm very comfortable behind the wheel. Power seat includes a nice power lumbar support. I could ride in the back with ample leg- and headroom. Even at my height it was a chore to climb aboard, so I added the chrome steps. Truck is deep cherry red, and people often compliment it. The upgraded sound system and gauge package with the Big Horn are worth the expense. Also, I have both front and rear parking sensors, which are very useful in such a large vehicle. The only thing I would add to the truck if I were buying again is dual-zone climate control. But that's my mistake. I have had zero problems with the truck in a year and have no complaints about quality of material, fit or finish. It's a nice truck, and I'm happy with my choice."

Best truck on the market, by far . . Outperformer!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Powerful and fast. Rides like a dream."

Cons: "This is not an economy vehicle. Averages 16 mph."

"My Ram Longhorn with the Hemi engine is simply a fine machine. It handles like a dream and has plenty of power. Easy to overtake other vehicles on the freeway and interstates in order to get on down the road. I often tow a 18 ft. trailer loaded with materials, and I cannot even feel this truck pulling it. Sharp looking, very functional interior with plenty of storage compartments. After driving Ford trucks for nearly 20 years, I decided to buy a new Ram Longhorn Edition in 2011. It was a good decision, and I have been completely satisfied. Solid truck, top quality."

Best truck i every own

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "Ride uconnect features power engine & trans"

Cons: "smaller rear leg room than ford."

"I've owned 87 & 91 chevy & 2001 & 2010 Ford Trucks All were top line models. Never was a dodge fan more of a Ford guy. Until now Best truck i every owned 2013 Ram laramie with Rambox. at first i did not like the rambox taking up the little space in the bed. But after thinking about most of my bed gets use for i decide to go with. the 5.7 hemi & 8sp perfer. Ride & quality has step up alot. i can say it drive better and ride better the Ford or Chevy.so far i getting around 20-22 mpg hwy 15 city comb-18."

great truck but liked older version with grill and

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Great accelleration for passing and diving into tr"

Cons: "cup holder rattles"

"hood opening together"

Best over All

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

"Buy Again"

Solid little diesel

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy and creature comforts."

Cons: "Oil change at the dealer $200.00 (synthetic)"

"I traded a 2013 3/4 ton cummins 4x4 in on this for the milage and the fact I don't do allot of heavy towing. The fuel and isurance saves me about $300.00-$400.00 per month. It has a super ride compared to the HD witch is to be expected. I like the auto 4x4 for rainy days, it really helps at the moment you need to get around a corner in traffic. The truck does not have a tall stance, while I think it would look better sitting higher it is easyer to enter and exit and that I do like. How many of us are actually going to take the thing mud bogging anyway? It does not have an auto idel-up like the Cummins witch is dissapointing, Low idel is not good for oil burners witch is why the cummings has that feature and in fact will idel up on it's own as it requires. The turbo winds up pretty good in most cases and the transmission usually does a good job on gear selection with the occasional hiccup when slowing and going back on the throttle quickly. I do idel allot and my current average MPG is 22 mpg at an average speed of 21 MPG. In town I average 22.5 to 24 in town and have gotten up to 31 MPG highway. My last 5 trucks were ram products that I have had good luck with so I have no need to change. Overall I am happy with the power and quality of the motor and tranny. If your new to Diesel engines it will take some getting used to, they don't rocket off the line like a gas motor but one you get used to it you'll find the true power in a motor is torque and not HP. If your comming from an oil burner already just realize it's half the average HD in size but performs very well in the half ton setup."

darn good truck

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "awesome truck , power, comfort and reliabilty !"

"excellent truck , it even gets better after replacing the goodyear tires . fuel economy is very good for a vehicle this size. 5.7 hemi is an awesome engine. crew cab gives a little more leg room in rear seating area . and yes I'm buying another one ."

Very satisfied with the Ram! Thinking of up grade

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "drives and handles great"

Cons: "Doesn't have all the options the new Ram has"

"Thinking of upgrading to a 2014 Ram! To get new options. Pleasure to drive and decent gas mileage, with very careful driving I have gotten 23mpg! But that was driving for mileage normal driving is usually 17.5 to 18.5, can vary on how I drive, more or less, good truck to own."

GOOD AND BAD

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "MPG, towing abilities"

Cons: "entertainment system"

"First the bad, seats are not too comfy on long road trips, and whatever entertainment system you get when you buy it is what you are stuck with. For some reason a decision maker decided you can not upgrade the system once it is out of the factory. I miss my NAV. This truck towed my 62 GMC 2000 from California to Minnesota without any issues, and had no problems getting up to highway speed, on this trip I averaged 15 MPG….hauling over 8000 lbs. Normal highway MPG is 24 and some change."

Buy it

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

"Have the 6 cyl and can get 24mpg on the interstate doing 70-72. it tows my 3600lb boat and does all I ask."

It's worth the money

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality, price, value, reliability awesomeness"

Cons: "gas rices"

"I love it. I own a 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Hemi 5'7" dual color. It was priced at 48K I got mine special ordered for 32K so the answer is YES you can get a good deal if you know your stuff. I get in to places where some of the lifted trucks can not get in to. I drove it on 4 wheeler trail and true mud and who knows what else and only got stuck once ( made it out myself, without any help ) The truck base awesome ground clearance and is you know what you are doing behind the wheel you are gonna be just fine. Absolutely to aftermarket adjust mat or modifications are needed. I was thinking about getting better tires but so far I don't need them. The truck has been in some really rough terrain ( like logging sites, volcano ash and some off-road (not dirt trails but real off road)) and has preformed real well. The only time I got stuck was when I drove in to a mud hole without checking it out before and the mud got up to the top of the bumper and I created suction. I have not done any towing with it so I can't judge the milage for that but normal highway driving (with the HEMI) is about about 20 mpg's and city is about 13-15 depends on the city. I wanted a real mans truck and I got one. I do not regret anything about it. In the beginning I had a bit trouble with the sensors in the front bumper but as it turned out it was not meant to run owed small trees and the dealer fixed it for free so I'm happy about that. The only bad thing I can think of is the gas prices ;)"

Best truck I've ever owned. And I've owned eleven.

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "fast, heated seats and steering wheel, remote star"

Cons: "thirsty. really big."

"This truck has the Hemi, eightspeed trans, 3.92 rear gears and power everything. It's incredibly fast and handling and ride are better than most cars I've owned."

This truck is beautiful and I am not sure yet that

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

"I bought this truck Brand new in April 2012. I was intending to buy a Travel Trailer and use the truck to tow it with. I have since changed my mind about purchasing the travel trailer and moved on to a motor home. This truck is garage kept and has never been driven in the snow or inclement weather. It has all of the bells and whistles and once inside you wouldn't beleive you were in a truck. The truck is chromed out everywhere and is a beauty. I am still not sure if i am going to sell it."

Great truck, get a lot of looks,

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, good gas milage"

"Love it, people always say how good it looks, want to know when I am selling, they want it!"

This is a truck??

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride, powerful HEMI, roomy interior"

Cons: "Shift select knob. Not very manly."

"First things first, this is a TRUCK. It's not a car therefore it will not share the fuel efficiency of one. That said, it doesn't drive like a truck and it has pretty darn good fuel efficiency for a full size TRUCK! What a refreshing driving experience. I've owned my 2014 Ram 1500 Sport for several months now and couldn't be happier. I've owned both a 1500 Silverado and Toyota Tacoma. I can't even compare the Ram to the Tacoma so I'll begin with its' comparison to the Chevy Silverado. The Ram is much quieter and ride is smoother than the Chevy. I was averaging 14/18 with the Silverado but with the Ram it's about 16/20. I have the tow package and pulled a car trailer (1300 lbs) and my Jeep Wrangler (3700 lbs) with absolutely no problem. I forgot that I was towing another vehicle! The interior is very comfortable whether on a short trip to the store or several hundred mile road trip. I don't know what life was like before heated AND cooled seats! Listening to the Alpine sound system on surround is commensurate with being in a professional sound studio all by yourself jamming to classic rock! This truck has it all. What more needs to be said?"

Just a great truck

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Hemi"

"Have had this truck since new, has given me zero problems and is great to drive. Plenty power, tows great."

BEST INVESTMENT EVER ...

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, easy to park, quiet, roomy, safe"

Cons: "have to get a ladder to wash the top"

"We bought the RAM Laramie new in Sept 2011.I have never had a vehicle with so MANY positive options. Just came off a 14/hour (28/hour round trip) vacation. Being a senior citizen, long trips can be trying to the body and cause one to take a day or two to recuperate - not so here ... this RAM was quiet, with LOTS of room, comfortable seats, great satellite radio and on and on - I can't say enough. The trip was fast, easy going and a delight. Sure, the gas mileage is not so great, but guess what? flying costs a lot more and after years of flying, it isn't worth the hassle or cost anymore. Besides, being comfortable and happy in my RAM allows for great communication with my husband."

Go-Kart handling, muscle car power.

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "Intense power and great handling."

"Fun to drive and always gets compliments with its "Tequila Sunrise" paint and chrome wheels. Tiny turn radius lets you park ANYWHERE and the handling is precise and sure footed. Love the truck."

2011 outdoorsman 4wd quad cab hemi

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Quiet interior - no road noise -beautiful interior"

Cons: "Friends always want me to drive!"

"I bought this truck used in July 2014 - 2 months later and it's still a thrill to get into and drive. Love the power of the hemi. Tows like a dream and hauls my stuff without issue. Rides like a luxury auto. This truck is loaded which made me hesitant to buy it. Could only imagine the repair bills down the road, but I'll take my chances - it is so fun to drive! Didn't rate the reliably since I haven't had it long enough but it has a beautiful sound when it fires up and idles so smooth. The suspension is tight and it handles better than my car. Love,love,love my Ram! It is one sexy beast!"

Good truck for money, Not good for towing

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Ride comfort, creature comforts"

Cons: "TOWING TOWING"

"Great truck overall but soft suspension makes towing things a scary time. Rear end sags major time. An empty four hour trailer make it sag to the bumper is almost scraping the ground. The dealer said to upgrade to E rated tires, or add air support springs. I said why you said it could tow up to 10,200 lbs, I can't get near that, and don't let a semi truck pass you while towing you will go all over the road. I WISH I HAD PURCHASED A 2500 or even just kept my old truck."

Love my new truck

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "ecodiesel power & mpg, air suspension, rambox"

Cons: "cheap antenna, not enough xm presets"

"This is my first Truck and first diesel. It's a blast to drive, quicker than I expected with a weight of almost 6,000 lbs. Pulls our 22' travel trailer like it's not even there. We hae only had it for about a month, and so far we are getting about 22 mpg overall. 1 short trip pulling the trailer and we got 16 mpg towing. With the back-up camera, I can get hitched up with no assistance. 4 corner air suspension gives a really smooth ride too."

Love this truck!

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Great handling for a truck, lots of Hemi Power!"

Cons: "Price for 20 inch tires!"

"I've owned my Ram Express for just over a year now, and I still love it. I'm the Chief of an Ambulance Service, and my truck gets used all the time for responding to Ambulance calls. The truck has never let me down! Its the best handling, and most powerful truck I've ever driven, and at times it gets driven pretty hard, in all sort of Vermont weather."

Bargain basement truck, you get what you pay for.

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Looks, styling, comfort"

Cons: "Lack of power, handling"

"This truck from Ram looks great. Interior is well thought out and is very comfortable. Great visibility and spacious cab is what really drew my attention as well as the advertised mpg. After test driving it, I was sold. Having now owned this vehicle for 1.5 years I can tell you that I am very disappointed in the handling characteristics, anemic power, and poor gas mileage."

Great vehicle and Great value

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful vehicle for the price"

Cons: "Its not for around town driving"

"I shopped all the major truck brands before deciding on a vehicle. When looked at the 1500 I found a much nicer vehicle than all the others for a lot less. I have been impressed with this truck since I purchased it. It rides great and is very quit on the highway. It tows a 6.5k pound boat and trailer with ease. The boat is the only reason I have a truck. The fuel economy definitely makes me hate driving around town for errands. The only issue I have at this point is a minor rattle in my passenger door. I have not tried to get it fixed yet. If you need a truck or just want one then I highly recommend RAM !"

Has been a great truck

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

"Great driver, pulls our trailer with ease Love it"