• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Ram 1500 Regular Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $27,639 - $28,722.

10/7.8

Based on 221 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Best Truck Ever Made

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "price, power, looks, comfortable"

Cons: "gas milage could be a little better"

"I love this truck. It's sleek & sexy looking. Interior is really nice & I got the mid level trim. 5.7 Hemi is fabulous! A pure pleasure to drive. Easy to park. Plenty of room for a family or 4 big guys going to the job site with the crew cab model."

Versatile, comfortable and dependable

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, features, driving quality"

Cons: "High step-in (remedied by step, but cost $895)"

"After test-driving both the V-8 and V-6, I chose the smaller engine. I don't tow anything heavy, the the refinement and mileage swayed me. I have a 4x4 Crew Cab. At 65 mph I get 23-24 mpg. Cruising 80 on the turnpike it drops to about 19--less if there is a headwind. Overall combined driving is averaging 19.3. Not bad for a big rig. The cabin is quiet apart from some wind noise around the mirrors at high speed. Ride and handling are superb. I have hauled various things in the bed and have transported five people. The truck has never felt underpowered for these tasks. I have not towed with it yet. At 6'4, I'm very comfortable behind the wheel. Power seat includes a nice power lumbar support. I could ride in the back with ample leg- and headroom. Even at my height it was a chore to climb aboard, so I added the chrome steps. Truck is deep cherry red, and people often compliment it. The upgraded sound system and gauge package with the Big Horn are worth the expense. Also, I have both front and rear parking sensors, which are very useful in such a large vehicle. The only thing I would add to the truck if I were buying again is dual-zone climate control. But that's my mistake. I have had zero problems with the truck in a year and have no complaints about quality of material, fit or finish. It's a nice truck, and I'm happy with my choice."

Best truck on the market, by far . . Outperformer!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Powerful and fast. Rides like a dream."

Cons: "This is not an economy vehicle. Averages 16 mph."

"My Ram Longhorn with the Hemi engine is simply a fine machine. It handles like a dream and has plenty of power. Easy to overtake other vehicles on the freeway and interstates in order to get on down the road. I often tow a 18 ft. trailer loaded with materials, and I cannot even feel this truck pulling it. Sharp looking, very functional interior with plenty of storage compartments. After driving Ford trucks for nearly 20 years, I decided to buy a new Ram Longhorn Edition in 2011. It was a good decision, and I have been completely satisfied. Solid truck, top quality."

Best truck i every own

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "Ride uconnect features power engine & trans"

Cons: "smaller rear leg room than ford."

"I've owned 87 & 91 chevy & 2001 & 2010 Ford Trucks All were top line models. Never was a dodge fan more of a Ford guy. Until now Best truck i every owned 2013 Ram laramie with Rambox. at first i did not like the rambox taking up the little space in the bed. But after thinking about most of my bed gets use for i decide to go with. the 5.7 hemi & 8sp perfer. Ride & quality has step up alot. i can say it drive better and ride better the Ford or Chevy.so far i getting around 20-22 mpg hwy 15 city comb-18."

great truck but liked older version with grill and

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Great accelleration for passing and diving into tr"

Cons: "cup holder rattles"

"hood opening together"

Best over All

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

"Buy Again"

Solid little diesel

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy and creature comforts."

Cons: "Oil change at the dealer $200.00 (synthetic)"

"I traded a 2013 3/4 ton cummins 4x4 in on this for the milage and the fact I don't do allot of heavy towing. The fuel and isurance saves me about $300.00-$400.00 per month. It has a super ride compared to the HD witch is to be expected. I like the auto 4x4 for rainy days, it really helps at the moment you need to get around a corner in traffic. The truck does not have a tall stance, while I think it would look better sitting higher it is easyer to enter and exit and that I do like. How many of us are actually going to take the thing mud bogging anyway? It does not have an auto idel-up like the Cummins witch is dissapointing, Low idel is not good for oil burners witch is why the cummings has that feature and in fact will idel up on it's own as it requires. The turbo winds up pretty good in most cases and the transmission usually does a good job on gear selection with the occasional hiccup when slowing and going back on the throttle quickly. I do idel allot and my current average MPG is 22 mpg at an average speed of 21 MPG. In town I average 22.5 to 24 in town and have gotten up to 31 MPG highway. My last 5 trucks were ram products that I have had good luck with so I have no need to change. Overall I am happy with the power and quality of the motor and tranny. If your new to Diesel engines it will take some getting used to, they don't rocket off the line like a gas motor but one you get used to it you'll find the true power in a motor is torque and not HP. If your comming from an oil burner already just realize it's half the average HD in size but performs very well in the half ton setup."

darn good truck

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "awesome truck , power, comfort and reliabilty !"

"excellent truck , it even gets better after replacing the goodyear tires . fuel economy is very good for a vehicle this size. 5.7 hemi is an awesome engine. crew cab gives a little more leg room in rear seating area . and yes I'm buying another one ."

Very satisfied with the Ram! Thinking of up grade

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "drives and handles great"

Cons: "Doesn't have all the options the new Ram has"

"Thinking of upgrading to a 2014 Ram! To get new options. Pleasure to drive and decent gas mileage, with very careful driving I have gotten 23mpg! But that was driving for mileage normal driving is usually 17.5 to 18.5, can vary on how I drive, more or less, good truck to own."

GOOD AND BAD

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "MPG, towing abilities"

Cons: "entertainment system"

"First the bad, seats are not too comfy on long road trips, and whatever entertainment system you get when you buy it is what you are stuck with. For some reason a decision maker decided you can not upgrade the system once it is out of the factory. I miss my NAV. This truck towed my 62 GMC 2000 from California to Minnesota without any issues, and had no problems getting up to highway speed, on this trip I averaged 15 MPG….hauling over 8000 lbs. Normal highway MPG is 24 and some change."