• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next

Handles/rides well. MPG's- poor local, good hwy.

By on Saturday, August 06, 2011

Pros: "Good highway mpg's, excellent interior storage."

Cons: "Poor local mpg's. Too many initial problems and recalls."

"I have owned 4 new trucks since 2001, 3 GM's and now this 2011 Ram SLT Bighorn. All have been V8, 4X4 extended cab models. The Ram has a smoother ride, a more comfortable and useful interior and handles better then those GM's. Performance-wise the Ram is not that much quicker and it gets worse mpgs and the 3 GM's I owned did not have cylinder deactivation (had an '01 w/4.8, '03 w/5.3 and '06 w/5.3 H.O.). I averaged 18.2 mpg w/all 3 GM's and 17.1 mpg with this Ram driving the same way (easy on the throttle), same roads and all 4 trucks have had similar rear gear ratio's. That might seem close but with gas pushing $4/gallon every little bit helps. The Ram has had 1 recall (rear axle) and 4 rapid responses in my 7 months of ownership. I had 1 recall (tailgate strap) in 10 years of driving the 3 GM's, so the GM's have been more reliable. I am hoping to see an end to the recalls and rapid responses and would also like to see local mpg's increase as the truck breaks in. I also notice that the 5.7's power wheelhouse is at too high an rpm, by the time the engine really starts to pull I am already at the speed limit. If I was at the track and launching at 2800 rpm this wouldn't be a concern but when I am merging onto a highway I want the power then and there, not when I am already at 65mph. As you can probably tell from the above text I am not a kid and am a function over form type of guy. I see a lot of reviews that talk about having a "Hemi" and how cool it is and rate the vehicle high for that reason alone. Not me, any truck must do all the things a truck is meant for and be reliable and that is what I based my ratings on."

Right Choice

By on Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Pros: "POWER... Ride and comfort."

"Compared and selected the Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab from all the new Pick-ups currently on the market. Took it on a 1500 mile trip. Very comfortable, with plenty of power on demand. 19.2 MPG average for the whole trip. Very quiet and smooth on both highway and byways. Interior is great..."

310 hp

By on Saturday, May 21, 2011

"this truck has a impressive 310 hp compared to my previous 2005 slt ram with about 235 hp. towing is rated over 10,000 lbs. the 2005 was just over 6,000 lbs of towing so far i am impressed but don't like the electronic 4wd shift on the or the electronic shift up/down located on the gear shift lever. some things are better left as they were. my truck is the lt base model and is not quite as difficult to get in or out of. you dont need a step or running boards. looks like a two wheel drive from front view similar to chev 1/2 ton trucks looks."

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"This is without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned - and I've owned a lot of them. I was so happy with the first one that I bought my wife another for Mothers day. I have the Laramie, she had the Sport. Both are loaded crew cabs. I am just very happy with the trucks and the dealer. I bought Fords for years, I like their trucks but not the dealer or the deals."

great truck.

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"I have owned an F150 for the last 12 years , so when it was time to buy a new truck I researched on line a lot. I like the look of the dodge and all the features that came with it , I had no trouble with my ford , but did not like the new style f 150. My wife found my new truck in la at a great price , the ride is so comfortable I would compare it to a Mercedes.the options that came with it ( the sport ) are fantastic . Whenever I park at the home improvement stores I come out to find guys looking at my truck. loads of power from the Hemi 5.7 .this truck is almost too nice for me to use for work , I am a contractor. glad I went with the dodge , I think they did a lot of work on this truck to get a bigger share of the pick up market , and I think they will."

best

By on Saturday, April 09, 2011

"very good power, and interior"

No Comparision

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"I have owned the Ford F-150 Crew Cab, The New Style Toyota Tundra with its 5.7 engine and Now the 2011 Dodge Ram Crew 4x4. While they all have been good vehicles, the RAM stands alone with its entire package. All interior features and options are laid out perfectly for comfort and styling. We have 3 children ages 10 to 16 and they have plenty of room all around with our full Crew Cab. (The quad was just a little small for us, that is why we opted for the bigger cab package.) The exterior is just sleek and bold. With some very nice Colors. Personally we have the Hunter Green Metallic. The ride and handling is 2nd to none. No wind or road noise what so ever. No roll in the turns as well as the turning radius is tight for the size of the truck, and even the speed bumps don't cause any major bounce. And finally the 5.7 HEMI... What can I say. Strong and silent. Pulls through all ranges and when you put your foot into it, it gets up and goes... as well as I have been averaging 17 around town and low 20's on the Highway. This is the first Dodge vehicle I have ever owned and as with all the reviews I have read, DODGE has their stuff together with this one. I would Highly recommend this Truck to anyone in the market for a full size Truck."

2011 SLT-Longhorn Crew 4x4

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"This is a very good looking vehicle with unbelieveable manners for a truck. The ride is firm but well damped, no bounding or roll. The fuel economy (5.7 hemi) is very good for a truck of this size, actually better than the 2000 Dakota Quad with the 4.7 V8 I traded for the Ram crew. The interior is of very good to excellent quality, and the noise levels at highway speeds are as good as most high end full size sedans. As far as value, it only became affordable after heavy year-end rebates kicked in. Listed at about $41k"

I love it

By on Tuesday, September 21, 2010

"Ihave a 2011 Ram 1500 crew cab and it is well worth the price for it is everthing they claim. Best ride of any truck. plenty of power and has a lot of whistle and bells that other truck don't have and the material is excellent in and out. Just go and try one you'll like it."

Previous | 1 ... 6 7 8 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals