2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 243 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Hemi Power, Decent Mileage, Excellent Versatility

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, on and off road comfort and capability"

Cons: "Lower level models lack creature comforts"

"I have the Express model, 4x4 Hemi. The Express isn't 'Top of the Line" but it looks great with it's monochromatic style and 20" chrome rims. Mine is Flame red. I'm able to consistently get 15.8-16.0 mpg in town, and over 23 on long stretches of interstate driving. Very roomy, great in cab storage. I found used Tundra's with 50000 miles for more than this brand new truck. I shopped Ford and comparably equipped (well they don't have a gas V8 to compare to the Hemi) and they were thousands more. Very happy with this truck."

Love this Truck

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks, design, quality, comfort,"

Cons: "gas consumption is much lower than expected"

Hauling over 1800lbs of railroad ties, and could have added more

"I have owned an Avalanche, a Dodge Dakota, and now this RAM. I purchased it with about 3K miles, so basically new. I own the Sport edition, with leather interrior, full navigation, fake chrome wheels, towing package, you name it. The interrior is beautifully done and extremely comfortable. It's not as roomy as the Avalanche, but that's ok, because the bed fits a lot more. It rides beautifully and I get nothing but compliments on it. it's a truck, so it rides like one, but the comfort of the interrior makes up for it. The gas isn't nearly as good as it's rated, but that's what you get when you purchase a HEMI. RAM should probably be a bit more accurate, as I get about 13MPG on average. On the highway doing a steady speed I can get up around 18-20, but other than that it's about 13-14. I'm not a big fan of the fake chrome hubcaps, but other than that the rest of the truck does not look or feel cheap at all. So far, no problems to speak of. This RAM has been very useful for doing yard projects, moving, hauling, towing, etc. I just hauled over 1800lbs of railroad ties in it without a problem. So far, no problems with this truck at all."

Hauling over 1800lbs of railroad ties, and could have added more

TD'S review

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "great power , smooth, rides like adream"

Cons: "N/A"

"I am proud to offer my opinion on this vehicle ! THE HEMI IS 1 IN in ALL THE BEST powerplant that this Truck has to offer this great handling , along with the best ride I had ever had. The traction control with 4wheel dr."

Too soon for Reliability Rating

By on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pros: "Ride, style, performance, convienence, value."

Cons: "Quality control issues:paint, power equipment."

"This is my first Ram (Dodge )being a previous long term Ford owner. First off, the truck's design is top notch. Ride and performance are excellent. Fuel mileage was 20.7 mpg on a 300 mile road trip, not too shabby for a 390hp V8. Most serious flaw I can find so far would be "Quality control". Had to return to dealer twice to correct flaws in the paint. Also had an electrical problem with the rear sliding window because of a pinched wire that was shorting out.Reliability cannot be determined yet as it is only (1) yr. old. If Ram can correct some of these quality control issues, this truck could easily be the leader of the pack."

great truck with some engineering flaws

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "great to ride and drive"

Cons: "difficult to get in and use as a "truck""

"Great truck, drives and rides great, good fuel mileage for a truck. Same problem as most new trucks, sits entirely to high off the ground. Im a fairly tall guy (6'3") and have no trouble getting in and out… the problem is that the seat will be totally worn out before the truck has 40,000 miles on it from having to slide in and out! Newer trucks are so high from the ground older people can't even get in them easily and won't buy them due to that fact. I am also a contractor and the bed being so high is a huge issue for me. Its difficult to load/ unload and almost impossible to reach over the side to retrieve anything, then I end up having to drop the tailgate and crawl into the bed to get anything that is at the front of the bed. For this reason, I am selling my Ram and will replace it with an older body style that isn't so high off the ground. My previous F-350 Super Duty did not set as high as this 1500."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals