• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 228 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Not bad.....better than I expected!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great value, awesome everyday truck. Versatile!"

Cons: "Eats up gas and I hate the factory tires. Safety f"

"First off I wanna say that this is the best truck I've ever owned. I have had a 2010 Dodge Ram loved it, but this one seems to be better on gas and much faster for its size.To me this truck comes in at #2 that particular year. And the only reason why I say that is because the Silverado was a great truck that year in terms of reliability and durability.The F-150 I would place #3, great truck but not enough engine power in my opinion. The only thing I don't like about this truck is the steering wheel handling. It feels like theres no stability behind it,very free flow type of feel. And also after about 50,000 miles you wanna upgrade and maintenance on some things. And not a great fan of the Goodyear tires, I like the Toyo's better. Rather than that.....great truck.....great value!"

Great Truck

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Still runs like the day I bought it."

Cons: "There are some minor interior rattles."

"I bought this truck brand new, in February 2011. After three years I have not had any problems with it. It runs great, is very comfortable and still looks and runs like a new truck. Overall I am very happy."

Awesome truck

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, great ride"

Cons: "Interior noise"

"This truck rides like a luxury vehicle but with all the practicality of a truck. It has incredible comfort features. It handles great in the snow. My only criticism would be the road noise in the cab. It isn't bad, but could be better. Ram should work on better insulating the cab."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"I love this truck. Its quicker than or Camaro and has a lot better ride and visibility. It has beautiful body lines and we get compliments on it everywhere we go. This is our 1st Dodge and are happy we made the change. For the price I don't think you'll find a better truck. Also it has a great sound system."

got the hemi

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no tow hitch"

"bough the express 1500 quad cab 1 month ago love the truck front seat is good back not much room love the look of the truck hemi is not bad getting 15mpg city just took a long trip got 21mpg mine came with the crome pac and 20inch wheels overall I love this truck"

Strong Hemi but weak construction good milage

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Strong Hemi engine weak transmission!"

Cons: "not quality built and metal very weak!!!"

"Have owned 4 Ram trucks this is the worst constructed I have ever had tie rod ends went bad at 22,000 miles bumper rusted at pick up had to be replaced under warranty as well as several other things. This is a cruddy quality built truck as I have ever bought new. Mileage and ride is good but that is about all I can say for the truck not happy with Dodge on this one at all and they could care less."

This is an awesome vehicle. Owned it for 1 year.

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Best bang for you buck, awesome."

"I have owned this truck for a year. It gets 20mpg on the highway and rides like a luxury car. It is also my first Chrysler truck."

Best vehicle

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Rambox is awesome"

Cons: "Rambox is still awesome"

"Had owned 2000 f-150, traded in for 2007 dodge ram mostly for the look. Just looked mean. Had 87000 miles with no problems. Just wanted to get the new truck smell back so traded it in and got a new 2012 ram 4x4 quad cab tradesman. The truck is awesome in every way. It came with trailer hitch, spray in liner, plenty of storage and oh yea the ramboxes witch are great. Put everything inside them from groceries to tools and fishing gear."

Great All American Pickup Truck

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Quality, power, ride, good mpg, tuff truck"

Cons: "Lack of the 6.4L 470HP Hemi as an option"

"I absolutely just love my 2012 Ram 1500 Express (reg. cab/short bed) muscle truck. The 390HP 5.7L Hemi V8/6-Speed Auto OD Trans./3.55:1 limited-slip rear axle combo is very pleasing to drive and reasonably economical too! Most of the time, the ECO is on, disabling 4 of the 8 cylinders and deliverying amazing fuel economy (EPA rating is 14City/20Highway)...I'm seeing a consistent 14.8-15.1 MPG in the city! The ride is very nice too, especially when one considers it's a pickup truck! I'm very satisfied with the vehicle and would easily recommend it to others looking for a full sized pickup."

I LOVE my Ram!!!!

By on Friday, June 29, 2012

Pros: "Comfort, power, and stunning good looks!"

Cons: "NONE!!!!"

"I use my Ram daily and drive around 3500-4000 miles per month. I've owned Fords before, and they just don't compare to the comfort and Hemi power the Ram delivers! I've only had to do regular maintanence, (tires, brakes, etc), and I have over 110,000 miles on my Sunburst Orange beauty! Thank you Dodge for the excellent truck!!!!"

Impressive

By on Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Pros: "Power, ride, price, standard dual exhaust, ect ect"

Cons: "No V8 rumble when sitting at the light. Darn"

"Iv owned a ford f150, a toyota tacoma and two dodge rams. I must say I liked all of the trucks, but I really enjoy driving the 2010 Dodge Ram. Forget the gas milage, nobody buys a truck for the gas milage. It is very comfortable to sit in and drive for short or long distances. Power is outstanding, looks are spectacular. This is not a work truck,, it's a look at me truck and people look. I do haul stuff every now and then, and can't even tell the difference between it being loaded down or unloaded(refer to power is outstanding), I'm just afraid to scratch the paint. This truck rides better than any other truck on the market and iv drivin them all."

From front to back I love the truck!!

By on Monday, March 12, 2012

Pros: "options, handling, appearance. EVERYTHING!!"

Cons: "Doesn't pick me up curbside.. haha"

still on the lot..

"I have owned this truck for 2 months now, and I have yet to find and flaws or complaints. The only thing that is irritating, but expected, is the fuel mileage. They claim with the MDS system it's supposed to be efficient, but I am still averaging 13-14 around town and 18-19 on highway, driving moderately. Although, I live in a rural area with alot of hills and curvy roads. But, overall, I love all the features, power, and luxury that the vehicle has, and the RAMBox is AWESOME. I traded in my 07 F250 Crew Cab diesel on this 2012 Ram, and I haven't looked back. It might not be as cab room, but it still has tons of room, and so much more enjoyable to drive."

still on the lot..

Great Truck. Test drive a Dodge its free!!

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Great price and ride."

Cons: "I couldn't afford the longhorn addition! LOL"

"This is my third Ram 1500. I traded my 2003 4x4 with 150,000 miles for this one. Never did anything to the old truck but change plugs and plug wires it was great so I bought another but in 2wd this time. Wow what a truck!! More power than I need with the HEMI and it will fly. Rides like a cadillac and holds the road like a sports car."

This is a truck??

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride, powerful HEMI, roomy interior"

Cons: "Shift select knob. Not very manly."

"First things first, this is a TRUCK. It's not a car therefore it will not share the fuel efficiency of one. That said, it doesn't drive like a truck and it has pretty darn good fuel efficiency for a full size TRUCK! What a refreshing driving experience. I've owned my 2014 Ram 1500 Sport for several months now and couldn't be happier. I've owned both a 1500 Silverado and Toyota Tacoma. I can't even compare the Ram to the Tacoma so I'll begin with its' comparison to the Chevy Silverado. The Ram is much quieter and ride is smoother than the Chevy. I was averaging 14/18 with the Silverado but with the Ram it's about 16/20. I have the tow package and pulled a car trailer (1300 lbs) and my Jeep Wrangler (3700 lbs) with absolutely no problem. I forgot that I was towing another vehicle! The interior is very comfortable whether on a short trip to the store or several hundred mile road trip. I don't know what life was like before heated AND cooled seats! Listening to the Alpine sound system on surround is commensurate with being in a professional sound studio all by yourself jamming to classic rock! This truck has it all. What more needs to be said?"

great truck with some engineering flaws

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "great to ride and drive"

Cons: "difficult to get in and use as a "truck""

"Great truck, drives and rides great, good fuel mileage for a truck. Same problem as most new trucks, sits entirely to high off the ground. Im a fairly tall guy (6'3") and have no trouble getting in and out… the problem is that the seat will be totally worn out before the truck has 40,000 miles on it from having to slide in and out! Newer trucks are so high from the ground older people can't even get in them easily and won't buy them due to that fact. I am also a contractor and the bed being so high is a huge issue for me. Its difficult to load/ unload and almost impossible to reach over the side to retrieve anything, then I end up having to drop the tailgate and crawl into the bed to get anything that is at the front of the bed. For this reason, I am selling my Ram and will replace it with an older body style that isn't so high off the ground. My previous F-350 Super Duty did not set as high as this 1500."

Could have been a great truck.

By on Thursday, April 12, 2012

"This truck is strong, comfortable, and looks great inside and out. Reliability and gas mileage have both been very disappointing. Can't get much more than 13 or 14 mpg in mixed driving. Have had endless braking issues, excessive tire wear and rough driveline issues with the truck. Nothing very serious, but all very annoying and worrying. Knowing what I know now, I'm pretty sure I wouldn't buy this truck again"

easy to drive, good ride

By on Sunday, January 22, 2012

Pros: "good milage for size and loads of power"

Cons: "to hard to get into bed"

"Appears well built, fit is good, drives easy and good ride, decent fuel milage for the size, sits very high good and bad need step to get into bed should have a pull out step like Ford, overall would buy again, dealer has been great to deal with, has followed up to make sure I was happy with the the vehicle"

best truck available right now

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

"excellent transmission. incredible power for a six. drives great when loaded or empty. very comfortable on a long trip."

the truck of the year 2 years

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

I want this car

"this ram 1500 got back to back truck of year it make more power the the chevy 5.3 and the ford 5.0 and the hemi 5.7 make 395 hp from the hemi with 22 on the highway and the only truck made with duals with out have to go buy some and has a lifed mode on the truck no other truck has"

Texas to Alaska - Great Truck

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Great handling and performance"

Cons: "None to speak of"

"I purchased this truck in May 2013 and drove it from San Antonio, Texas to Palmer, Alaska. It went through some pretty tough terrain especially in Canada while towing a 10 ft UHaul trailer fully loaded. This vehicle did not miss a beat, was very comfortable, and performed admirably under adverse conditions. The trailer gave out before this truck did. No wonder it was named truck of the year two years in a row."

Best Truck I've Ever Owned

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Expensive"

"The Ram trucks are the best by far. The modern comfort of the interior and the hands-free options with the UConnect system make it easy to place phone calls and change radio stations without taking your eyes off the road. The 4X4 drivetrain is great. I have taken it up sandy hills and have never even come close to getting stuck."

Great Vehicle..

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "Plenty of power and room. Not bad on gas either"

Cons: "NONE"

"This is the first Dodge I have ever owned...and I'm thrilled with it. After hearing so many not so nice things over the years about Dodge, I can truly say now that it does not hold true on this truck. I have owned Chevy Avalanches and Suburbans and I would not choose either one of those over this Ram"

Just a great truck

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Hemi"

"Have had this truck since new, has given me zero problems and is great to drive. Plenty power, tows great."

Best truck ever!

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Int. Space, Power, Quality"

"This is the best truck I have ever owned. The ride quality, interior refinements and overall build quality are all second to none. I have personally owned a Ford F-150, Dodge Ram (2003), Chevy Silverado and Toyota Tundra and this truck defeats them all by a very large margin. Great fuel economy (Average 17 MPG) and power especially for the price. The RamBox Cargo Management System is simply ingenious. Absolutely would recommend this truck to anyone!"

Very, very nice rig

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "Rides and drives great. Interior is premium."

Cons: "Keeping foot off throttle is difficult!"

"I bought this truck after having a mid-sized import truck. What an improvement! If you can keep your foot off the accelerator it gets respectable fuel mileage, but the Hemi wants to run. It pulls my 5,000 lbs trailer like its nopt there and the interior is nicer and more comfortable than my Acura. The premium stereo and Navi are definitely worth the price as well. There are also tons of accessories to make it your own as well."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals