• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

This is the next generation of 1/2 ton trucks

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "RamBox,Air suspension system,Uconnect 8.4"

Cons: "Pandora is not part of the package for a year."

"This Ram truck is just class leading with a active airbag suspension,RamBox,5.7L cylinder deactivation,coil spring rear end is just amaze's me.This truck drives me to work like I am in a expensive sport car. Wow, load leveling air ride suspension,I just load our boat and press a button and it levels the truck automatically.20 inch wheels,with upgraded Nitto terra grappler's is just short of heaven.I used to be a diehard Ford F150,but my neighbor bought one and took me for a ride to the bike trail. I was shocked how easy his 8.4 inch Uconnect worked, it right away recognized my phone and his and paired us up bluetooth asap.I received a call in his truck,in bluetooth mode,not like mine in which I was constantly fighting to keep from losing my connecting and it never was able to hear me correctly. I like the texting optioning the Ram were I can text without taking my hands off the wheel.If you buy one check the box for the sunroof,it is awesome.It is hard to keep my wife from taking every day for her morning bike rides with the kids and dog,before I go to work.Pricing was just about a 2800.00 dollars below GM Silverado 5.3L 6 speed and Fords F150 Platium V6 Ecoboost 6 speed. Fuel mileage beats the Ford F150 Ecoboost by 2 miles to the gallon,the 8 speed see's to it always keeping me in 4 cylinder mode as long as possible. Also my Ford F150 required 2 flashes to my Ecoboost V6 I had because of drivers compliant of low fuel mileage,and limp mode,I never saw limp mode but never got the sticker fuel mileage advertised mpg.The Ram is getting between 22-25 all day long.Order the active suspension as well it you like the raised look.If you do not tow over 5000 pounds try test driving the V6 8 speed with a 3:55 axle,it is sweet."

Great truck but minor electrical problem

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, engine, transmission, comfort"

Cons: "UCONNECT issues has been resolved"

"I love this truck, it drives just like a car instead of something bigger in the air. My UCONNECT start giving me trouble but took to dealership without a problem now I'm a happy camper works absolutely great now. Ram handles smooth, air suspension is tight on getting better gas mileage and reducing an adequate ride on highway. I m 6'4'' have plenty of room stretching my legs and resting my left arm on door panel its comfortable for me with no issues. There are enough storage centers which is awesome the engine is now a 302hp PENTASTAR engine it beats 8 or 6 cylinders off the road being a crew cab its best in acceleration and transmission is powerfully smooth in ratios. Interior is bigger, with large console center and bucket cloth seats, heated seats, navigation, Pandora radio capability, Bluetooth, 1 year Sirius satellite radio is all standard excellent in this new technology with the UCONNECT 8'' color touch screen includes an rear backup camera. Its super fast as bought a Challenger or Charger, I love my Crew Cab being great having so much features hope can get a really good reliability from it."

Roomy and drives great.

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Comfort and versatility"

Cons: "18MPG"

"Great for trips for up to 5 people. Comfortable drivers seat adjustments takes the strain out of your knees and hips."

Happy with purchase

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "styling, great looks (flame red) great price"

Cons: "none yet only had truck 4.5 months"

"Purchased Larmie November 2013. Made one 400 mile trip avg 21 mpg. I was impressed, with ride and handeling. City driving 14.2, most driving is city,4 miles per day. Glad I have 4 wheel drive needed it this winter in the north east. Need wheel to wheel run boards to get in cab (makes life easier)"

Great Truck

By on Saturday, March 15, 2014

Pros: "Still runs like the day I bought it."

Cons: "There are some minor interior rattles."

"I bought this truck brand new, in February 2011. After three years I have not had any problems with it. It runs great, is very comfortable and still looks and runs like a new truck. Overall I am very happy."

One great vehicle

By on Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Pros: "Great value,very comfortable ride,fantastic power,"

"I had a 2012 Chevy Silverado that I had purchased new.It had leather bucket seats,4x4,extended cab,5.3> I was really never impressed with the performance of this vehicle,so I bought a really nice stainless steel cat back system that had dual side exit pipes,stainless stell header,a throttle body spacer,a PCM programmer to help the performance.The after market goodies helped but I still wasn't satisfied.I bought that truck 8-15-2013.I really liked the way the new 2014 Silverados looked when they came out.I went and test drove one but the dealership and I couldn't come together on terms.I started looking around at other 2014 trucks.I likedd the Toyota Tundra,the Ford was ok,I wasn't impressed the Nissan Titan.Checking out the adds on the internet one Sunday morning I saw the add for my present Ram sport crew cab.Went to the dealership on a Sunday thinking that they would be closed but much to my suprise they were open.Needless to say I traded a 2000 Mercedes S-430 with 87000 miles and a 2012 Chevy Silverado LT with 20000 miles in on my new Ram Sport Crew....I love this truck,interior is nice,Hemi has great power,outside is beautiful,stying is great,and the bottom line is the value....Everyone that rides or drives my truck love it.No problems so far and the recent ice storms here were no problem to me as my Ram is 4x4...I bought this truck 12-1-2013 so I've had 3 months to rate my truck."

fun to drive, great visibility, gets good MPG

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "like everything about vehicle"

Cons: "changing radio stations is a reach."

"get 20 plus MPG on highway, quick vehicle - 390 horses. visibility is very good all around, large mirrors, no real blind spots. stops pretty quick also - four wheel disc w/ ABS. drives very car like, not a rough ride, especially over train tracks, uneven roads etc."

the truck of the year 2 years

By on Friday, February 14, 2014

I want this car

"this ram 1500 got back to back truck of year it make more power the the chevy 5.3 and the ford 5.0 and the hemi 5.7 make 395 hp from the hemi with 22 on the highway and the only truck made with duals with out have to go buy some and has a lifed mode on the truck no other truck has"

One sweet ride

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun Fun Fun"

"Can think of anything to say bad. Love it."

Texas to Alaska - Great Truck

By on Saturday, February 08, 2014

Pros: "Great handling and performance"

Cons: "None to speak of"

"I purchased this truck in May 2013 and drove it from San Antonio, Texas to Palmer, Alaska. It went through some pretty tough terrain especially in Canada while towing a 10 ft UHaul trailer fully loaded. This vehicle did not miss a beat, was very comfortable, and performed admirably under adverse conditions. The trailer gave out before this truck did. No wonder it was named truck of the year two years in a row."

awesome truck have had 3 including the rumblebee

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "its got some power the hemi is awesome"

Cons: "gas mileage isnt the best"

"great truck"

My first truck and I absolutely love it

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Best truck for the money"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Best truck"

The truck is great except for one issue.

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy"

Cons: "Dial transmission doesn't want to function in real"

"This truck was a great buy except for one issue, if it gets really cold out it will not shift out of park. In sub zero temperatures I have had to let it warm up for 30 - 40 minutes shut it off wait about 10 minutes restart it and then it will shift. My dealer's service department's contribution to date has been "they never heard of such a thing". Otherwise it's a great truck. Excellent gas mileage, good ride, good power from the V-6. I really like it except for the "slight" inconvenience of not being able to go anywhere when it's below zero."

Awesome truck

By on Saturday, January 25, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, great ride"

Cons: "Interior noise"

"This truck rides like a luxury vehicle but with all the practicality of a truck. It has incredible comfort features. It handles great in the snow. My only criticism would be the road noise in the cab. It isn't bad, but could be better. Ram should work on better insulating the cab."

Great Truck better value for the dollar than other

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Good value, fun to drive, nice console."

Cons: "None yet"

"Everybody who rides or drives my truck love it. Even my wife who hates trucks likes it because it is comfortable and with backup camera and park assist she isnt worried about parking it. Great power and great milage go hand in hand. Heated seats and wheel nice on cold below zero days in Minnesota."

Great Truck

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

"I love this truck. Its quicker than or Camaro and has a lot better ride and visibility. It has beautiful body lines and we get compliments on it everywhere we go. This is our 1st Dodge and are happy we made the change. For the price I don't think you'll find a better truck. Also it has a great sound system."

This truck engineering/design is excellent

By on Friday, January 17, 2014

Pros: "Fuel mileage,ride,handling,interior,UConnect."

Cons: "Wished I had ordered the air suspension.Nice optio"

"This truck design has been a real pleasure to drive,coil suspension,8 speed automatic,cylinder deactivation,VVT,has me achieving 26 mpg with ease,it requires a certain getting use to to achieve this MPG.Electronic throttle is very sensitive to change which determines 4 or 8 mode.Cruise control works well with the PCM to achieve the best fuel mileage all the time.I drive in 4 cylinder mode all the time in city,on freeway once at speed it quickly goes into 4 cylinder mode.I fill my 32 gallon tank about 2 times a month, yes this is correct 2 times a month.And maybe 3 if I am not paying attention.This trucks 8 speed ZF transmission is flawless,running through the gears to achieve the best torque for the conditions and then it next priority it seems is fuel mileage which quickly goes into 4 cylinder mode once the throttle is staple for about 2 secs.You really have to understand what Rams engineerings are doing here to get the most from this trucks design and engineering.I drove the 2014 F150,with eco boost,and drove GM as well,both do not have a 8 speed and you can tell once you drive either the RamV-6,or the 5.7L coupled with the speed.Next was the F150 was not even close on fuel mileage at all.After checking f150 forums this proved out as well,with manny owners getting re-flashed PCM to try to improve mileage but it seems this made it worst to manny owners,so this left the GM trucks,but the 6.2L was to expensive and had to be ordered with the LTZ-1 package which raised the price by about 9000.00 dollors over the 5.7L 8 speed.Youtube'sFastLane truck shows there seems to be a issue with the shifting during towing up hill for the GM 6.2L would wait till it hit 2900 rpms before upshifting to 4000 rpm,the Rams 5.7L with the 8 speed just towing much better with a wider selection of gears to choose from to stay in the 4000 rpm power band while towing my 9200 lbs trailer.Well thats my 2 cents on this great truck.And oh the interior well just sit in it yourself,and you will see after test driving for about 1 hour,UConnect is excellent as well,took the salesman to lunch as well."

V-6 W/Penstar 8speed trans. Strong Quick Motor

By on Thursday, January 09, 2014

Pros: "Strong V-6 motor with great millage."

Cons: "Body metal is thin and dents easy"

"Not sure I would like the new V-6. Drove it and it was stronger than my older 4.7 Durango...The new 8sp. transmission shifts very smooth. It tow's my boat OK..2000lbs. Millage is very good 22 avg. with 24-25 highway, although towing gets me about 14mpg. missing the torque there. Interior is quiet and the truck handles nice. One complaint, and this I think is on allot of the new gen, trucks.. Sheet metal (or should I say aluminum!) on the body is paper thin..it dents easy, so be carful. Overall we are happy with our Ram."

Strong performer!

By on Friday, December 13, 2013

Pros: "power, quality, great standard features list"

Cons: "none yet (knock on wood)"

"My vehicle is the 2014 1500 tradesman/express with the hemi 5.7 in monochromatic "true blue" color with 20" wheels and 4 wheel drive. This truck is def a looker and with the standard cab/bed configuration it just looks beefy with an aggressive stance on her large shoes. I just purchased this truck on Dec 8th so I'm well within the break-in period but here are my initial observations. 1. For the money you will not find a new truck with the performance this RAM gives (I mean c'mon 395hp out the box!). I saw 2010 tundra's and f-150's that cost more than this truck new. 2. RAM's quality has jumped through the roof in the past few years (I used to be a dodge hater big time). Don't believe me? Check out resale values and you'll see for yourself that this rig will be a keeper. 3. Averaging 15/16 in town and 20 on the highway but keep in mind she's still breaking in. 4. Interior is awesome IMO and has everything you could need. I would hate to look inside a Laramie packaged truck I would probably implode. Pleanty of storage nooks and crannies and bins everywhere and the uconnect is an added bonus. 5. Comfort is very good and not too stiff which is surprising with a short wheel base truck. Highway driving is nice and quiet, well - until you romp on the throaty Hemi and the other 4 cylinders roar to life. 6. still in the honeymoon phase, but so far so good!"

Love it!

By on Tuesday, December 10, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, great features, better priced."

Cons: "None so far."

"I have 2013 Bighorn Hemi with the 8speed rotary shift transmission and I have little, if any real complaints. I love the comfort, the Hemi, the tranny, storage, and the factory radio with the 8.4nav. My biggest gripe, per se, is it came with 20' Good Year Wranglers all season tires that I'm not thrilled with. MPH has been all around 16-17, and that's with winter gas and still breaking it in. The Bluetooth has been great, I do lose the XM signal occasionally, but no more than my last couple of vehicles. I got mine with the RamBoxCargoManagement system and the boxes lock from the key fob.I do general handyman work and is amazing how much fits in there in an organized fashion. With the 5.7 Hemi I guess it's pretty fast, but that not a factor to me at this point in my life. I declined to get the factory bed liner, but chose to get Line-x applied instead, which was a good move. The 4x4 can be set on 2WD auto, or 4WD Lock and I tested it in the snow and ice the past couple of days and both delivered what was expected.My biggest actual complaint? I hate getting to my destination because I love driving it so much!"

got the hemi

By on Monday, December 02, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "no tow hitch"

"bough the express 1500 quad cab 1 month ago love the truck front seat is good back not much room love the look of the truck hemi is not bad getting 15mpg city just took a long trip got 21mpg mine came with the crome pac and 20inch wheels overall I love this truck"

Besy Mopar I have owned.

By on Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Pros: "V ehicle is like new."

"This vehicle is the Laramie Longhorn Edition. Vehilce has no, repeat no scratched, has an immaculate interior, all systems are totally reliable. Vehicle has extended warranty , this is transferable."

love it

By on Friday, October 18, 2013

"bought used love it"

Hemi Power, Decent Mileage, Excellent Versatility

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, on and off road comfort and capability"

Cons: "Lower level models lack creature comforts"

"I have the Express model, 4x4 Hemi. The Express isn't 'Top of the Line" but it looks great with it's monochromatic style and 20" chrome rims. Mine is Flame red. I'm able to consistently get 15.8-16.0 mpg in town, and over 23 on long stretches of interstate driving. Very roomy, great in cab storage. I found used Tundra's with 50000 miles for more than this brand new truck. I shopped Ford and comparably equipped (well they don't have a gas V8 to compare to the Hemi) and they were thousands more. Very happy with this truck."

Not a Ford

By on Saturday, October 05, 2013

Pros: "Strong motor, looks good"

Cons: "Gas mileage, cheap quality"

"A month ago I thought I would try to lower my financial output. I traded in my 2012 FX4 for a 2013 Ram 1500 (with the hemi) Currently, I am getting 15-16 highway mpg, in town 8-10 mpg. After washing it I noticed there is a spot on the hood that was never painted, but had the clear coat over it. Which after a 2 weeks off waiting for approval they agreed to repaint my hood. Also, after one load on my bed liner, the steel scrap cut through the liner and partially into the metal, so that is getting redone as well. The good parts of this truck; Strong motor, design interior and exterior. Short falls; cheap paint, thin metal, poor quality, hard shifting, hard transition to 4 wheel drive."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals