• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

great truck with some engineering flaws

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "great to ride and drive"

Cons: "difficult to get in and use as a "truck""

"Great truck, drives and rides great, good fuel mileage for a truck. Same problem as most new trucks, sits entirely to high off the ground. Im a fairly tall guy (6'3") and have no trouble getting in and out… the problem is that the seat will be totally worn out before the truck has 40,000 miles on it from having to slide in and out! Newer trucks are so high from the ground older people can't even get in them easily and won't buy them due to that fact. I am also a contractor and the bed being so high is a huge issue for me. Its difficult to load/ unload and almost impossible to reach over the side to retrieve anything, then I end up having to drop the tailgate and crawl into the bed to get anything that is at the front of the bed. For this reason, I am selling my Ram and will replace it with an older body style that isn't so high off the ground. My previous F-350 Super Duty did not set as high as this 1500."

Best truck on the market

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Ride and looks"

Cons: "Nothing as of yet"

"I have had this truck for just over a year and absolutely love it. Comfort,ride,looks are all great. Had a 2006 mega cab ram before this and somehow they were able to make the ride even better. Pulls a load with ease. Great truck"

A Complete Surprise!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Heated/Ventilated Seats, Sound System, Exhaust.."

Cons: "It sits high up.. But it's a truck!! its expected!"

"I have the 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, Let me just say I didn't expect a very luxurious interior! Heated Seats and a heat wheel! Ventilated Seats.. The Exterior is well designed and the power of the 5.7 L Hemi is outstanding! The only thing I can't speak of is Reliability I baby this truck so it should be good! Overall this truck is awesome! Definitely check it out in person."

total package, excellent truck

By on Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Pros: "drive it and you will see, everything"

Cons: "none yet"

"this truck is great, all the comforts of a SUV with the capabilities of Truck when needed. Power and looks, can take this truck to any venue and fit in, Games, dinner, night out on town, church. This truck is the total package."

Truck has some issues that you should know about

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "Clothes hangers are placed so that the rear view !"

"Initially, I test-drove a V-6 and a Hemi-8. I thought that the V-6 was a bit weak on the long hills here in NW Georgia. But, the salesman at Dodge convinced me that after the first oil change the power of the motor would increase enough to give it the power needed. I bought the V-6. First oil change gave the truck no more increase in power/performance. Than, I used the AC and the truck's power dipped down a bit more! The "Uconnect" computer system with its touch-screen is also problematic. The radio will not shut off. The sound can be muted but, will come back on each time you start up the motor. Very annoying! The GPS/Navigation system is "pre-programmed" and when you want to find a location you MUST know exactly the part of a city or town where that street is or, the system will not allow you to map it. Good luck! The Bluetooth system has been off and on all by itself. This computerized system is an expensive option that I could have done without! Yes, I have brought the truck in for trouble-shooting and I am told each time that this is the way this truck and its components are "supposed to work." On the positive side: this truck is comfortable, quiet riding and it does get good MPG at about 17/18 around town and 21/23 on the long drives at highway speeds."

love this truck

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"this truck i all around awesome looks good drives good."

Everything I wanted and more, no less.

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Great value for the price, High quality parts,"

Cons: "Upgrades ie: radio not available even if wanted"

"I knew it was what I wanted when I pulled on the lot. All black, aluminum wheels, black grill. Power mirrors, locks, and windows. This truck looks bad and really is. Pure power with the 5.7 Hemi. I didn't want all of the GPS, backup camera or all of the fancy electronics. Of course that's why there is the express model. Gas mileage steady around town at 10.9-11.5 mpg. I always have my foot down so I really don't keep track. If you can't afford the gas then buy a hybrid something. I love my Ram Truck."

Great truck

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Ride, looks towing ability."

Cons: "The quad cab is a little tight in the back for adu"

"I've owned this truck for two years and it has been a great vehicle. This is the second Ram I've owned. I have a 22' cuddy cabin I tow and the truck has no problems. The only reason I would get rid of this truck would be to get a brand new one."

Great Truck!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive love it awesome truck"

Cons: "Gas miliage. Could be better but I dont mind much"

"I love this truck. I have the 4.7L V8. It has all the power I need from a truck 310hp is more than enough for a day to day work truck. The Hemi is $5k more and only has 50 more hp. If you want a good reliable truck save your money and get the 4.7L Ram over a Tundra or Hemi. I love it!!!!"

Awesome Truck!

By on Friday, April 11, 2014

Pros: "Blast to drive, super comfortable"

Cons: "Wish it had the backup lines for rear camera."

"I have owned this beauty for over a year now and love it! We almost bought a 2011 Toyota but after driving around in the luxurious interior of the dodge we couldnt pass it up. Whole family is comfortable on the inside, plenty of room in the back. The Hemi and exhaust system I put in sounds flippin amazeballs. I would highly recommend getting this truck, you will not be disappointed."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals