• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 216 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Buy it

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

"Have the 6 cyl and can get 24mpg on the interstate doing 70-72. it tows my 3600lb boat and does all I ask."

It's worth the money

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality, price, value, reliability awesomeness"

Cons: "gas rices"

"I love it. I own a 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Hemi 5'7" dual color. It was priced at 48K I got mine special ordered for 32K so the answer is YES you can get a good deal if you know your stuff. I get in to places where some of the lifted trucks can not get in to. I drove it on 4 wheeler trail and true mud and who knows what else and only got stuck once ( made it out myself, without any help ) The truck base awesome ground clearance and is you know what you are doing behind the wheel you are gonna be just fine. Absolutely to aftermarket adjust mat or modifications are needed. I was thinking about getting better tires but so far I don't need them. The truck has been in some really rough terrain ( like logging sites, volcano ash and some off-road (not dirt trails but real off road)) and has preformed real well. The only time I got stuck was when I drove in to a mud hole without checking it out before and the mud got up to the top of the bumper and I created suction. I have not done any towing with it so I can't judge the milage for that but normal highway driving (with the HEMI) is about about 20 mpg's and city is about 13-15 depends on the city. I wanted a real mans truck and I got one. I do not regret anything about it. In the beginning I had a bit trouble with the sensors in the front bumper but as it turned out it was not meant to run owed small trees and the dealer fixed it for free so I'm happy about that. The only bad thing I can think of is the gas prices ;)"

Best truck I've ever owned. And I've owned eleven.

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "fast, heated seats and steering wheel, remote star"

Cons: "thirsty. really big."

"This truck has the Hemi, eightspeed trans, 3.92 rear gears and power everything. It's incredibly fast and handling and ride are better than most cars I've owned."

This truck is beautiful and I am not sure yet that

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

"I bought this truck Brand new in April 2012. I was intending to buy a Travel Trailer and use the truck to tow it with. I have since changed my mind about purchasing the travel trailer and moved on to a motor home. This truck is garage kept and has never been driven in the snow or inclement weather. It has all of the bells and whistles and once inside you wouldn't beleive you were in a truck. The truck is chromed out everywhere and is a beauty. I am still not sure if i am going to sell it."

Great truck, get a lot of looks,

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, good gas milage"

"Love it, people always say how good it looks, want to know when I am selling, they want it!"

This is a truck??

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride, powerful HEMI, roomy interior"

Cons: "Shift select knob. Not very manly."

"First things first, this is a TRUCK. It's not a car therefore it will not share the fuel efficiency of one. That said, it doesn't drive like a truck and it has pretty darn good fuel efficiency for a full size TRUCK! What a refreshing driving experience. I've owned my 2014 Ram 1500 Sport for several months now and couldn't be happier. I've owned both a 1500 Silverado and Toyota Tacoma. I can't even compare the Ram to the Tacoma so I'll begin with its' comparison to the Chevy Silverado. The Ram is much quieter and ride is smoother than the Chevy. I was averaging 14/18 with the Silverado but with the Ram it's about 16/20. I have the tow package and pulled a car trailer (1300 lbs) and my Jeep Wrangler (3700 lbs) with absolutely no problem. I forgot that I was towing another vehicle! The interior is very comfortable whether on a short trip to the store or several hundred mile road trip. I don't know what life was like before heated AND cooled seats! Listening to the Alpine sound system on surround is commensurate with being in a professional sound studio all by yourself jamming to classic rock! This truck has it all. What more needs to be said?"

Just a great truck

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Hemi"

"Have had this truck since new, has given me zero problems and is great to drive. Plenty power, tows great."

BEST INVESTMENT EVER ...

By on Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Pros: "fun to drive, easy to park, quiet, roomy, safe"

Cons: "have to get a ladder to wash the top"

"We bought the RAM Laramie new in Sept 2011.I have never had a vehicle with so MANY positive options. Just came off a 14/hour (28/hour round trip) vacation. Being a senior citizen, long trips can be trying to the body and cause one to take a day or two to recuperate - not so here ... this RAM was quiet, with LOTS of room, comfortable seats, great satellite radio and on and on - I can't say enough. The trip was fast, easy going and a delight. Sure, the gas mileage is not so great, but guess what? flying costs a lot more and after years of flying, it isn't worth the hassle or cost anymore. Besides, being comfortable and happy in my RAM allows for great communication with my husband."

Go-Kart handling, muscle car power.

By on Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Pros: "Intense power and great handling."

"Fun to drive and always gets compliments with its "Tequila Sunrise" paint and chrome wheels. Tiny turn radius lets you park ANYWHERE and the handling is precise and sure footed. Love the truck."

2011 outdoorsman 4wd quad cab hemi

By on Wednesday, September 03, 2014

Pros: "Quiet interior - no road noise -beautiful interior"

Cons: "Friends always want me to drive!"

"I bought this truck used in July 2014 - 2 months later and it's still a thrill to get into and drive. Love the power of the hemi. Tows like a dream and hauls my stuff without issue. Rides like a luxury auto. This truck is loaded which made me hesitant to buy it. Could only imagine the repair bills down the road, but I'll take my chances - it is so fun to drive! Didn't rate the reliably since I haven't had it long enough but it has a beautiful sound when it fires up and idles so smooth. The suspension is tight and it handles better than my car. Love,love,love my Ram! It is one sexy beast!"

Good truck for money, Not good for towing

By on Friday, August 29, 2014

Pros: "Ride comfort, creature comforts"

Cons: "TOWING TOWING"

"Great truck overall but soft suspension makes towing things a scary time. Rear end sags major time. An empty four hour trailer make it sag to the bumper is almost scraping the ground. The dealer said to upgrade to E rated tires, or add air support springs. I said why you said it could tow up to 10,200 lbs, I can't get near that, and don't let a semi truck pass you while towing you will go all over the road. I WISH I HAD PURCHASED A 2500 or even just kept my old truck."

Love my new truck

By on Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Pros: "ecodiesel power & mpg, air suspension, rambox"

Cons: "cheap antenna, not enough xm presets"

"This is my first Truck and first diesel. It's a blast to drive, quicker than I expected with a weight of almost 6,000 lbs. Pulls our 22' travel trailer like it's not even there. We hae only had it for about a month, and so far we are getting about 22 mpg overall. 1 short trip pulling the trailer and we got 16 mpg towing. With the back-up camera, I can get hitched up with no assistance. 4 corner air suspension gives a really smooth ride too."

Love this truck!

By on Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Pros: "Great handling for a truck, lots of Hemi Power!"

Cons: "Price for 20 inch tires!"

"I've owned my Ram Express for just over a year now, and I still love it. I'm the Chief of an Ambulance Service, and my truck gets used all the time for responding to Ambulance calls. The truck has never let me down! Its the best handling, and most powerful truck I've ever driven, and at times it gets driven pretty hard, in all sort of Vermont weather."

Bargain basement truck, you get what you pay for.

By on Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Pros: "Looks, styling, comfort"

Cons: "Lack of power, handling"

"This truck from Ram looks great. Interior is well thought out and is very comfortable. Great visibility and spacious cab is what really drew my attention as well as the advertised mpg. After test driving it, I was sold. Having now owned this vehicle for 1.5 years I can tell you that I am very disappointed in the handling characteristics, anemic power, and poor gas mileage."

Great vehicle and Great value

By on Friday, August 15, 2014

Pros: "Beautiful vehicle for the price"

Cons: "Its not for around town driving"

"I shopped all the major truck brands before deciding on a vehicle. When looked at the 1500 I found a much nicer vehicle than all the others for a lot less. I have been impressed with this truck since I purchased it. It rides great and is very quit on the highway. It tows a 6.5k pound boat and trailer with ease. The boat is the only reason I have a truck. The fuel economy definitely makes me hate driving around town for errands. The only issue I have at this point is a minor rattle in my passenger door. I have not tried to get it fixed yet. If you need a truck or just want one then I highly recommend RAM !"

Has been a great truck

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

"Great driver, pulls our trailer with ease Love it"

Pulls a trailer with ease and rides like a car.

By on Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Pros: "Great Ride"

Cons: "Rear gate is heavy"

"Mileage is better in warm weather. Get the higher gear rear end unless you tow a lot. Get 19.5 on highway and 16.5 around town. Not as good as my last one by 10% with a higher gear rear. Will have a new one soon for my 4th. Unless you carry people on a regular basis get the quad cab. Easy to load groceries and stuff in the back and great for a dog to ride along. Don't forget the rear camera. The GPS on the Ram is head and shoulders above my wife's Caddy."

Decent

By on Saturday, July 26, 2014

Pros: "Good power."

Cons: "Has defects in the paint."

"The mpg is not as good as the window sticker suggests. I am concerned about how soon the body will rust. Had some minor body flaws when I purchased dealer tried to fix and did a so-so job. The reason I bought brand new was I wanted a perfect truck. It is close but has minor defects in the paint. I will be looking closer at Chevy and Ford on my next truck."

Great Truck

By on Thursday, July 24, 2014

"Roomy with controls easy to reach. Seats are made for a larger man with comfort in mind. The V8 has plenty of power, i also get on an average of 19 mpg."

My first Dodge Ram truck, it is great!

By on Wednesday, July 16, 2014

Pros: "Very decent gas mileage for a big truck,"

Cons: "AC seems to take longer to cool the cab."

"This truck is so responsive to the gas pedal that it feels and acts like a much lighter vehicle, could almost use the word "nimble" in traffic. Rides great cruising at 75 on interstate. Mine has all the bells and whistles that I probably would not have ordered, they just came with the Lonestar Edition. I really like the truck. I drove GMC trucks from 1990 to 2013, this Ram is much better than my last GMC (a 2006 model that had problems almost from day one). And it is obvious that a lot of thought and engineering went into so many of the convenience features, it is very "user friendly"."

EcoDiesel makes this truck a steal!!!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks great, fuel mileage, interior comfort & ride"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have this truck for 1 month with 2600 miles and it has lived up to the reviews and hype! The truck is very reliable with the radio and electronics. The diesel engine has returned excellent mpg ratings - 27-31 on the highway and around 22-24 in town. Keep it around 67 to 69 mph and you can achieve 30 mph, if you keep it around 74-75, then you are around 26-27 mph. Really awesome fuel mileage. The hands-free phone interface works very well and will allow you to call with short sentences like "Call John Smith Mobile". The heated/cooled seats works very efficiently. Interior noise is kept to minimum. Only items to add to this Laramie package in the future would be surround cameras and radar-controlled cruise control."

This is my fourth Ram since 1999

By on Friday, July 04, 2014

Pros: "Great to drive and look at."

Cons: "Screen on Stereo display very bright at night."

"I am truly happy with this truck. This is my fourth Ram since 1999 and my third HEMI. This truck is solid and very comfortable to drive. Any time we have to drive on a long trip we take this. Even my wife who is only five feet tall (on a good day) is comfortable driving this truck. We have had no reliability issues with this vehicle and the quality of the build is excellent. It is hard on gas, but it's a truck with a HEMI. I expected nothing else. We have no real complaints about this vehicle, even today, almost 4 years after purchase and 45,000 miles, no squeeks or rattle and the motor and transmission are as strong as ever. The only complaint I have is in reference to the light on the stereo unit. I have the top of the line unit with a huge screen. Unfortunately at night when backing up, the screen is so bright I have a hard time seeing out of my right front window. I wish there were a way to dim the light on the stereo face. When it is time for my next truck, I will not hesitate to look at the Ram again."

Best vehicle I have ever owned.

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Pros: "Drives like a Lexus-tows like a truck..."

Cons: "PERFECT vehicle other than a slight rattle in dash"

"This is the most comfortable, smooth riding truck I have ever owned. Compliant suspension, yet solid handling when the going get rough. 390 HP Hemi is very tame in town, but when you push the pedal to the floor, had great power for passing or towing. At 55 years old, I can honestly say it is the best vehicle I have ever owned. Will sell soon to by a 2014 Ram."

2012 Ram 1500 is an awesome truck!

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "Power, ride, handling, comfort, traction on 4x2"

Cons: "Stock headlights"

"No doubt this is the best driving truck - very comfortable. Plenty of power with the Hemi and I'm quite surprised I average 17 mpg in mostly city driving. This truck beats my Armada by 3-4 mpg in the same driving! The Uconnect works flawlessly and the cabin is really laid out nicely. I am extremely happy with this truck. I have the 4x2 with locking differential and it handles very good in the snow and ice. The dislikes are pretty minor - I could use more front seat head room (I'm tall at 6' 4" and the ceiling is lower than other models). I think the stock headlights are pretty dim so I replaced with CCFL's. Very happy with this truck and I would definitely buy a RAM again."

Not bad.....better than I expected!

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2014

I don't own this car

Pros: "Great value, awesome everyday truck. Versatile!"

Cons: "Eats up gas and I hate the factory tires. Safety f"

"First off I wanna say that this is the best truck I've ever owned. I have had a 2010 Dodge Ram loved it, but this one seems to be better on gas and much faster for its size.To me this truck comes in at #2 that particular year. And the only reason why I say that is because the Silverado was a great truck that year in terms of reliability and durability.The F-150 I would place #3, great truck but not enough engine power in my opinion. The only thing I don't like about this truck is the steering wheel handling. It feels like theres no stability behind it,very free flow type of feel. And also after about 50,000 miles you wanna upgrade and maintenance on some things. And not a great fan of the Goodyear tires, I like the Toyo's better. Rather than that.....great truck.....great value!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals