• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 211 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

best truck available right now

By on Tuesday, March 03, 2015

"excellent transmission. incredible power for a six. drives great when loaded or empty. very comfortable on a long trip."

Love this truck. Very classy

By on Wednesday, February 11, 2015

The bed compartments are great , lots of room.

"It has lots of power, duel exhaust new tires"

The bed compartments are great , lots of room.

Quitest Truck I ever owned! Drives/rides great!

By on Monday, February 09, 2015

Pros: "Diesel and air ride package is very nice."

"What a great truck. MPG is 18/22 hurrying around town. Highway miles at 70 mph averages 28/32. I have taken 3 trips of 3k miles or more and it is great for traveling."

Very nice truck.

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "came with carpet floor mats instead of rubber mats"

"It doesn't have the truck of the year title for nothing. Best ram I've owned to date. It's my 3rd one since 2006. They got this one right. Easy to drive and fun. My first hemi and with the 8 speed transmission it's not too bad on fuel. Actually better than the 4.7 liter by 2 miles a gallon. It surprised me alot, I thought it would be worse. I didn't expect it to be so good on gas."

A close to a perfect vehicle i've ever owned

By on Monday, January 26, 2015

Pros: "excellent"

"Excellent valve,excellent power,excellent gas milage"

Best Truck

By on Monday, January 19, 2015

Pros: "Very Comfortable too drive. V6 Pulls Effortlessly"

Cons: "Wifi expensive"

"This is the Best Truck I have ever owned! I bought it to pull my ATV Trailer a 2 700 pound quads and gear. I drove from NNJ to Bluefield WV on 1 tank of Gas! Was Amazed! I had a Prius leased for work but when you turn on the Heat or A/C in the car fuel went to 33mpg. Ride was hard and you heard all the outside sounds. I've taken co-workers for a ride and they had no idea it was a V6! Now I drive my Ram everyday for work. Very Quiet inside, Great sound system and a Very comfortable ride. Yea I get 19mpg city, But I don't care. For Me its all about the Comfort of the ride. As I am a Truck Driver and Comfort is What I want!!!"

Solid Truck

By on Sunday, January 18, 2015

"I owned an 04 QC Hemi 4x4 ram years ago and didn't have any issues after 74k miles. My 13 Hemi Crew Cab is a solid performer. Huge improvement in ride comfort, interior quality and overall driving dynamics compared to my old Ram. Really enjoy driving this truck."

Best Truck on the Market! This V-6 will surprise u

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pros: "I really liked the interior, easy to maintain."

Cons: "Absolutely None"

"I own a 1999 Dodge Dakota XCab with the V-6 engine and @ 169,000, I have done nothing but normal upkeep. Oil, tires batteries etc. This V-6 dodge uses has to be one of the best ever. The inside is completely washable and easy to keep clean. The ride is superior to most trucks. I just like RAM TRUCKS whether you have a V-6 or a larger Hemi."

Great Truck all the bells and whistles, custumized

By on Saturday, January 10, 2015

Pros: "This Truck is Maxed out Style!!! Its a HEMI!"

Cons: "few dings, regular cab"

"Great truck has all the bells and whistles. Black, Black Rims, Black Tint, Black Window Shades, Black Bed Liner, Black Tool Box, Over Sized Tires and Chrome Side Steps. I love this truck it has the Hemi so plenty of power and gas prices are low now. I would sell this truck to my friend it is reliable, and every time I stop somewhere someone comments on how good it looks. It has a few minor dings, but, I have babied the engine and followed the owners manual directions for service including, oil changes, rotations and alignments, changed differential fluid and filters. The only down side is its not 4x4 or extra cab which I need for work. Otherwise it a fantastic truck as have been all my Dodge Ram Trucks."

TD'S review

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "great power , smooth, rides like adream"

Cons: "N/A"

"I am proud to offer my opinion on this vehicle ! THE HEMI IS 1 IN in ALL THE BEST powerplant that this Truck has to offer this great handling , along with the best ride I had ever had. The traction control with 4wheel dr."

Best Truck Ever Made

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "price, power, looks, comfortable"

Cons: "gas milage could be a little better"

"I love this truck. It's sleek & sexy looking. Interior is really nice & I got the mid level trim. 5.7 Hemi is fabulous! A pure pleasure to drive. Easy to park. Plenty of room for a family or 4 big guys going to the job site with the crew cab model."

Versatile, comfortable and dependable

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, features, driving quality"

Cons: "High step-in (remedied by step, but cost $895)"

"After test-driving both the V-8 and V-6, I chose the smaller engine. I don't tow anything heavy, the the refinement and mileage swayed me. I have a 4x4 Crew Cab. At 65 mph I get 23-24 mpg. Cruising 80 on the turnpike it drops to about 19--less if there is a headwind. Overall combined driving is averaging 19.3. Not bad for a big rig. The cabin is quiet apart from some wind noise around the mirrors at high speed. Ride and handling are superb. I have hauled various things in the bed and have transported five people. The truck has never felt underpowered for these tasks. I have not towed with it yet. At 6'4, I'm very comfortable behind the wheel. Power seat includes a nice power lumbar support. I could ride in the back with ample leg- and headroom. Even at my height it was a chore to climb aboard, so I added the chrome steps. Truck is deep cherry red, and people often compliment it. The upgraded sound system and gauge package with the Big Horn are worth the expense. Also, I have both front and rear parking sensors, which are very useful in such a large vehicle. The only thing I would add to the truck if I were buying again is dual-zone climate control. But that's my mistake. I have had zero problems with the truck in a year and have no complaints about quality of material, fit or finish. It's a nice truck, and I'm happy with my choice."

Best truck on the market, by far . . Outperformer!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Powerful and fast. Rides like a dream."

Cons: "This is not an economy vehicle. Averages 16 mph."

"My Ram Longhorn with the Hemi engine is simply a fine machine. It handles like a dream and has plenty of power. Easy to overtake other vehicles on the freeway and interstates in order to get on down the road. I often tow a 18 ft. trailer loaded with materials, and I cannot even feel this truck pulling it. Sharp looking, very functional interior with plenty of storage compartments. After driving Ford trucks for nearly 20 years, I decided to buy a new Ram Longhorn Edition in 2011. It was a good decision, and I have been completely satisfied. Solid truck, top quality."

Best truck i every own

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "Ride uconnect features power engine & trans"

Cons: "smaller rear leg room than ford."

"I've owned 87 & 91 chevy & 2001 & 2010 Ford Trucks All were top line models. Never was a dodge fan more of a Ford guy. Until now Best truck i every owned 2013 Ram laramie with Rambox. at first i did not like the rambox taking up the little space in the bed. But after thinking about most of my bed gets use for i decide to go with. the 5.7 hemi & 8sp perfer. Ride & quality has step up alot. i can say it drive better and ride better the Ford or Chevy.so far i getting around 20-22 mpg hwy 15 city comb-18."

great truck but liked older version with grill and

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Great accelleration for passing and diving into tr"

Cons: "cup holder rattles"

"hood opening together"

Best over All

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

"Buy Again"

Solid little diesel

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy and creature comforts."

Cons: "Oil change at the dealer $200.00 (synthetic)"

"I traded a 2013 3/4 ton cummins 4x4 in on this for the milage and the fact I don't do allot of heavy towing. The fuel and isurance saves me about $300.00-$400.00 per month. It has a super ride compared to the HD witch is to be expected. I like the auto 4x4 for rainy days, it really helps at the moment you need to get around a corner in traffic. The truck does not have a tall stance, while I think it would look better sitting higher it is easyer to enter and exit and that I do like. How many of us are actually going to take the thing mud bogging anyway? It does not have an auto idel-up like the Cummins witch is dissapointing, Low idel is not good for oil burners witch is why the cummings has that feature and in fact will idel up on it's own as it requires. The turbo winds up pretty good in most cases and the transmission usually does a good job on gear selection with the occasional hiccup when slowing and going back on the throttle quickly. I do idel allot and my current average MPG is 22 mpg at an average speed of 21 MPG. In town I average 22.5 to 24 in town and have gotten up to 31 MPG highway. My last 5 trucks were ram products that I have had good luck with so I have no need to change. Overall I am happy with the power and quality of the motor and tranny. If your new to Diesel engines it will take some getting used to, they don't rocket off the line like a gas motor but one you get used to it you'll find the true power in a motor is torque and not HP. If your comming from an oil burner already just realize it's half the average HD in size but performs very well in the half ton setup."

darn good truck

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "awesome truck , power, comfort and reliabilty !"

"excellent truck , it even gets better after replacing the goodyear tires . fuel economy is very good for a vehicle this size. 5.7 hemi is an awesome engine. crew cab gives a little more leg room in rear seating area . and yes I'm buying another one ."

Very satisfied with the Ram! Thinking of up grade

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "drives and handles great"

Cons: "Doesn't have all the options the new Ram has"

"Thinking of upgrading to a 2014 Ram! To get new options. Pleasure to drive and decent gas mileage, with very careful driving I have gotten 23mpg! But that was driving for mileage normal driving is usually 17.5 to 18.5, can vary on how I drive, more or less, good truck to own."

GOOD AND BAD

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "MPG, towing abilities"

Cons: "entertainment system"

"First the bad, seats are not too comfy on long road trips, and whatever entertainment system you get when you buy it is what you are stuck with. For some reason a decision maker decided you can not upgrade the system once it is out of the factory. I miss my NAV. This truck towed my 62 GMC 2000 from California to Minnesota without any issues, and had no problems getting up to highway speed, on this trip I averaged 15 MPG….hauling over 8000 lbs. Normal highway MPG is 24 and some change."

Buy it

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

"Have the 6 cyl and can get 24mpg on the interstate doing 70-72. it tows my 3600lb boat and does all I ask."

It's worth the money

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality, price, value, reliability awesomeness"

Cons: "gas rices"

"I love it. I own a 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Hemi 5'7" dual color. It was priced at 48K I got mine special ordered for 32K so the answer is YES you can get a good deal if you know your stuff. I get in to places where some of the lifted trucks can not get in to. I drove it on 4 wheeler trail and true mud and who knows what else and only got stuck once ( made it out myself, without any help ) The truck base awesome ground clearance and is you know what you are doing behind the wheel you are gonna be just fine. Absolutely to aftermarket adjust mat or modifications are needed. I was thinking about getting better tires but so far I don't need them. The truck has been in some really rough terrain ( like logging sites, volcano ash and some off-road (not dirt trails but real off road)) and has preformed real well. The only time I got stuck was when I drove in to a mud hole without checking it out before and the mud got up to the top of the bumper and I created suction. I have not done any towing with it so I can't judge the milage for that but normal highway driving (with the HEMI) is about about 20 mpg's and city is about 13-15 depends on the city. I wanted a real mans truck and I got one. I do not regret anything about it. In the beginning I had a bit trouble with the sensors in the front bumper but as it turned out it was not meant to run owed small trees and the dealer fixed it for free so I'm happy about that. The only bad thing I can think of is the gas prices ;)"

Best truck I've ever owned. And I've owned eleven.

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "fast, heated seats and steering wheel, remote star"

Cons: "thirsty. really big."

"This truck has the Hemi, eightspeed trans, 3.92 rear gears and power everything. It's incredibly fast and handling and ride are better than most cars I've owned."

This truck is beautiful and I am not sure yet that

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

"I bought this truck Brand new in April 2012. I was intending to buy a Travel Trailer and use the truck to tow it with. I have since changed my mind about purchasing the travel trailer and moved on to a motor home. This truck is garage kept and has never been driven in the snow or inclement weather. It has all of the bells and whistles and once inside you wouldn't beleive you were in a truck. The truck is chromed out everywhere and is a beauty. I am still not sure if i am going to sell it."

Great truck, get a lot of looks,

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, good gas milage"

"Love it, people always say how good it looks, want to know when I am selling, they want it!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals