• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 194 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

darn good truck

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "awesome truck , power, comfort and reliabilty !"

"excellent truck , it even gets better after replacing the goodyear tires . fuel economy is very good for a vehicle this size. 5.7 hemi is an awesome engine. crew cab gives a little more leg room in rear seating area . and yes I'm buying another one ."

Very satisfied with the Ram! Thinking of up grade

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "drives and handles great"

Cons: "Doesn't have all the options the new Ram has"

"Thinking of upgrading to a 2014 Ram! To get new options. Pleasure to drive and decent gas mileage, with very careful driving I have gotten 23mpg! But that was driving for mileage normal driving is usually 17.5 to 18.5, can vary on how I drive, more or less, good truck to own."

GOOD AND BAD

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "MPG, towing abilities"

Cons: "entertainment system"

"First the bad, seats are not too comfy on long road trips, and whatever entertainment system you get when you buy it is what you are stuck with. For some reason a decision maker decided you can not upgrade the system once it is out of the factory. I miss my NAV. This truck towed my 62 GMC 2000 from California to Minnesota without any issues, and had no problems getting up to highway speed, on this trip I averaged 15 MPG….hauling over 8000 lbs. Normal highway MPG is 24 and some change."

Buy it

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

"Have the 6 cyl and can get 24mpg on the interstate doing 70-72. it tows my 3600lb boat and does all I ask."

It's worth the money

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality, price, value, reliability awesomeness"

Cons: "gas rices"

"I love it. I own a 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Hemi 5'7" dual color. It was priced at 48K I got mine special ordered for 32K so the answer is YES you can get a good deal if you know your stuff. I get in to places where some of the lifted trucks can not get in to. I drove it on 4 wheeler trail and true mud and who knows what else and only got stuck once ( made it out myself, without any help ) The truck base awesome ground clearance and is you know what you are doing behind the wheel you are gonna be just fine. Absolutely to aftermarket adjust mat or modifications are needed. I was thinking about getting better tires but so far I don't need them. The truck has been in some really rough terrain ( like logging sites, volcano ash and some off-road (not dirt trails but real off road)) and has preformed real well. The only time I got stuck was when I drove in to a mud hole without checking it out before and the mud got up to the top of the bumper and I created suction. I have not done any towing with it so I can't judge the milage for that but normal highway driving (with the HEMI) is about about 20 mpg's and city is about 13-15 depends on the city. I wanted a real mans truck and I got one. I do not regret anything about it. In the beginning I had a bit trouble with the sensors in the front bumper but as it turned out it was not meant to run owed small trees and the dealer fixed it for free so I'm happy about that. The only bad thing I can think of is the gas prices ;)"

Best truck I've ever owned. And I've owned eleven.

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "fast, heated seats and steering wheel, remote star"

Cons: "thirsty. really big."

"This truck has the Hemi, eightspeed trans, 3.92 rear gears and power everything. It's incredibly fast and handling and ride are better than most cars I've owned."

This truck is beautiful and I am not sure yet that

By on Saturday, October 11, 2014

"I bought this truck Brand new in April 2012. I was intending to buy a Travel Trailer and use the truck to tow it with. I have since changed my mind about purchasing the travel trailer and moved on to a motor home. This truck is garage kept and has never been driven in the snow or inclement weather. It has all of the bells and whistles and once inside you wouldn't beleive you were in a truck. The truck is chromed out everywhere and is a beauty. I am still not sure if i am going to sell it."

Great truck, get a lot of looks,

By on Friday, October 10, 2014

Pros: "Good looking, good gas milage"

"Love it, people always say how good it looks, want to know when I am selling, they want it!"

This is a truck??

By on Monday, October 06, 2014

Pros: "smooth ride, powerful HEMI, roomy interior"

Cons: "Shift select knob. Not very manly."

"First things first, this is a TRUCK. It's not a car therefore it will not share the fuel efficiency of one. That said, it doesn't drive like a truck and it has pretty darn good fuel efficiency for a full size TRUCK! What a refreshing driving experience. I've owned my 2014 Ram 1500 Sport for several months now and couldn't be happier. I've owned both a 1500 Silverado and Toyota Tacoma. I can't even compare the Ram to the Tacoma so I'll begin with its' comparison to the Chevy Silverado. The Ram is much quieter and ride is smoother than the Chevy. I was averaging 14/18 with the Silverado but with the Ram it's about 16/20. I have the tow package and pulled a car trailer (1300 lbs) and my Jeep Wrangler (3700 lbs) with absolutely no problem. I forgot that I was towing another vehicle! The interior is very comfortable whether on a short trip to the store or several hundred mile road trip. I don't know what life was like before heated AND cooled seats! Listening to the Alpine sound system on surround is commensurate with being in a professional sound studio all by yourself jamming to classic rock! This truck has it all. What more needs to be said?"

Just a great truck

By on Friday, October 03, 2014

Pros: "Hemi"

"Have had this truck since new, has given me zero problems and is great to drive. Plenty power, tows great."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals