• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Versatile, comfortable and dependable

By on Monday, December 22, 2014

Pros: "Comfort, features, driving quality"

Cons: "High step-in (remedied by step, but cost $895)"

"After test-driving both the V-8 and V-6, I chose the smaller engine. I don't tow anything heavy, the the refinement and mileage swayed me. I have a 4x4 Crew Cab. At 65 mph I get 23-24 mpg. Cruising 80 on the turnpike it drops to about 19--less if there is a headwind. Overall combined driving is averaging 19.3. Not bad for a big rig. The cabin is quiet apart from some wind noise around the mirrors at high speed. Ride and handling are superb. I have hauled various things in the bed and have transported five people. The truck has never felt underpowered for these tasks. I have not towed with it yet. At 6'4, I'm very comfortable behind the wheel. Power seat includes a nice power lumbar support. I could ride in the back with ample leg- and headroom. Even at my height it was a chore to climb aboard, so I added the chrome steps. Truck is deep cherry red, and people often compliment it. The upgraded sound system and gauge package with the Big Horn are worth the expense. Also, I have both front and rear parking sensors, which are very useful in such a large vehicle. The only thing I would add to the truck if I were buying again is dual-zone climate control. But that's my mistake. I have had zero problems with the truck in a year and have no complaints about quality of material, fit or finish. It's a nice truck, and I'm happy with my choice."

Best truck on the market, by far . . Outperformer!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Powerful and fast. Rides like a dream."

Cons: "This is not an economy vehicle. Averages 16 mph."

"My Ram Longhorn with the Hemi engine is simply a fine machine. It handles like a dream and has plenty of power. Easy to overtake other vehicles on the freeway and interstates in order to get on down the road. I often tow a 18 ft. trailer loaded with materials, and I cannot even feel this truck pulling it. Sharp looking, very functional interior with plenty of storage compartments. After driving Ford trucks for nearly 20 years, I decided to buy a new Ram Longhorn Edition in 2011. It was a good decision, and I have been completely satisfied. Solid truck, top quality."

Best truck i every own

By on Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Pros: "Ride uconnect features power engine & trans"

Cons: "smaller rear leg room than ford."

"I've owned 87 & 91 chevy & 2001 & 2010 Ford Trucks All were top line models. Never was a dodge fan more of a Ford guy. Until now Best truck i every owned 2013 Ram laramie with Rambox. at first i did not like the rambox taking up the little space in the bed. But after thinking about most of my bed gets use for i decide to go with. the 5.7 hemi & 8sp perfer. Ride & quality has step up alot. i can say it drive better and ride better the Ford or Chevy.so far i getting around 20-22 mpg hwy 15 city comb-18."

great truck but liked older version with grill and

By on Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Pros: "Great accelleration for passing and diving into tr"

Cons: "cup holder rattles"

"hood opening together"

Best over All

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

"Buy Again"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals