2011 Ram 1500 Regular Cab

Based on 242 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

A Complete Surprise!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Heated/Ventilated Seats, Sound System, Exhaust.."

Cons: "It sits high up.. But it's a truck!! its expected!"

"I have the 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, Let me just say I didn't expect a very luxurious interior! Heated Seats and a heat wheel! Ventilated Seats.. The Exterior is well designed and the power of the 5.7 L Hemi is outstanding! The only thing I can't speak of is Reliability I baby this truck so it should be good! Overall this truck is awesome! Definitely check it out in person."

Handles/rides well. MPG's- poor local, good hwy.

By on Saturday, August 06, 2011

Pros: "Good highway mpg's, excellent interior storage."

Cons: "Poor local mpg's. Too many initial problems and recalls."

"I have owned 4 new trucks since 2001, 3 GM's and now this 2011 Ram SLT Bighorn. All have been V8, 4X4 extended cab models. The Ram has a smoother ride, a more comfortable and useful interior and handles better then those GM's. Performance-wise the Ram is not that much quicker and it gets worse mpgs and the 3 GM's I owned did not have cylinder deactivation (had an '01 w/4.8, '03 w/5.3 and '06 w/5.3 H.O.). I averaged 18.2 mpg w/all 3 GM's and 17.1 mpg with this Ram driving the same way (easy on the throttle), same roads and all 4 trucks have had similar rear gear ratio's. That might seem close but with gas pushing $4/gallon every little bit helps. The Ram has had 1 recall (rear axle) and 4 rapid responses in my 7 months of ownership. I had 1 recall (tailgate strap) in 10 years of driving the 3 GM's, so the GM's have been more reliable. I am hoping to see an end to the recalls and rapid responses and would also like to see local mpg's increase as the truck breaks in. I also notice that the 5.7's power wheelhouse is at too high an rpm, by the time the engine really starts to pull I am already at the speed limit. If I was at the track and launching at 2800 rpm this wouldn't be a concern but when I am merging onto a highway I want the power then and there, not when I am already at 65mph. As you can probably tell from the above text I am not a kid and am a function over form type of guy. I see a lot of reviews that talk about having a "Hemi" and how cool it is and rate the vehicle high for that reason alone. Not me, any truck must do all the things a truck is meant for and be reliable and that is what I based my ratings on."

Never had any trouble since I own it.

By on Friday, March 06, 2015

Pros: "$2000.00 easy to handle"

Cons: "has two cup holder"

"Just need a larger truck."

EcoDiesel makes this truck a steal!!!

By on Monday, July 14, 2014

Pros: "Looks great, fuel mileage, interior comfort & ride"

Cons: "NONE"

"I have this truck for 1 month with 2600 miles and it has lived up to the reviews and hype! The truck is very reliable with the radio and electronics. The diesel engine has returned excellent mpg ratings - 27-31 on the highway and around 22-24 in town. Keep it around 67 to 69 mph and you can achieve 30 mph, if you keep it around 74-75, then you are around 26-27 mph. Really awesome fuel mileage. The hands-free phone interface works very well and will allow you to call with short sentences like "Call John Smith Mobile". The heated/cooled seats works very efficiently. Interior noise is kept to minimum. Only items to add to this Laramie package in the future would be surround cameras and radar-controlled cruise control."

Best truck on the market, Owned for 9 months

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Looks, Power, Interior"

"My wife and I were looking for a truck so we test drove nearly every brand on the market (F150, Tundra, Avalanche, Silverado, Titan, and the RAM) The Ram is so much more comfortable than any other truck with the all around coil springs. Also, the interior space is only beaten by the F150 (by about 3 inches) but the quality is far superior than the F150. I have the 5.7 hemi, and on my last trip from Dallas to Ft. Sill (~175 miles) my overall MPG average was 23.1 averaging 65 mph. I get compliments all the time on how well it looks as well as how roomy the interior is. This truck will also out accelerate about everything else on the road so passing on the freeway is NO problem. The only 'issue' is the back seating, the middle of the floor is raised to accomidate the transmission, unlike the flat floor in the F150. I recommend this truck to all of my friends and co-workers whenever they tell me they are looking for a new truck. Coming from a person who did the test driving and homework, this is the best truck on the market by far!!!"

Best truck on the road

By on Sunday, July 19, 2015

Pros: "power, ride, features, look"

Cons: "i don't own two"

"I bought my 2013 Ram 1500 in November 2013. From the test drive I fell in love with the power, comfort, and look of this truck. I had a 2008 Ram, which I loved, but boy what a difference. Ram for life!!!"

Love the truck

By on Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Pros: "great truck"

Cons: "would rather have a CD player with it."

"I bought this truck in 2013 and to this day, on a long trip that we just took to Colorado, it got 20.6 mpg. My sister said it feels like we are going slow, due to it rides so smooth. Very blessed to own this truck. Love the color. I had a Quad Cab before and then I bought this Crew Cab and they are very roomy. The back seats lift up and you can put out the fold out floor for carrying plants, groceries etc. My husband loves my truck."

Love the truck, no problems except tires wear fast

By on Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Pros: "Powerful, fast, fun to drive, HighWay 20-22 mpg"

Cons: "Gas milage around town about 16-18 mpg"

"Great truck for the money. Ford and Chevy were much more though I love Ford trucks, just couldn't afford one. Road handling is excellent for a truck. Coil springs in rear give a great ride and have no problem towing up to 6000lbs trailer. Powerful with great acceleration. Great for winter driving in snow and ice. Off road good, wish I had a limited slip differential. Tire wear and gas millage are my only complaints so far. I get 16-18 mpg around town and I can get 20-22 mpg on the highway if I use the speed control and set it to 60mph. If you get a ram, be sure to get the Limited Slip Differential which I regret not getting. Miss it. Chrysler very slow with recall N08/NHTSA 13V-038 which reports the axle pinion nut may not have been secured with an adhesive patch, thus causing the rear axil to seize and cause a crash. Been waiting several months for the repair. Dealer say's, "it's coming". In the mean time, hope no one gets hurt or worse. Still love the truck, would recommend it, so far!!"

A little pricey but overall a Great truck!

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Safety, Durability, and Style"

Cons: "Price"

"I've owned my truck now for 7 months, and I do everything in it. The gas isn't that bad either for a truck I average 17 mpg, but I usually get about 21 mpg on the Hwy. Yes, I have the Hemi in my truck too. The power is always there when you need it(i.e. pulling, passing, etc.). Only complaint is Price, so I suggest stick it to those sales people as hard as you can."

My 2nd RAM - GREAT Truck

By on Tuesday, July 03, 2012

Pros: "Everything - GREAT TRUCK"

Cons: "Oil Change Interval"

"This is my 2nd RAM and the improvements make this the best vehicle I've ever owned. The drive is great, the sound from the sterio rivals my BOSE system in the house. Comfortable to drive, powerful to haul. I had a 2007 RAM and it performed flawlessly. It never needed a repair of any kind, just changed the oil. My only complaint is the engine has a 7 qt sump and is still only rated for 3000 miles between oil changes. RAM needs to work on extending the oil change interval (7500 should be the target)."

Truck has some issues that you should know about

By on Saturday, May 17, 2014

Pros: "See above"

Cons: "Clothes hangers are placed so that the rear view !"

"Initially, I test-drove a V-6 and a Hemi-8. I thought that the V-6 was a bit weak on the long hills here in NW Georgia. But, the salesman at Dodge convinced me that after the first oil change the power of the motor would increase enough to give it the power needed. I bought the V-6. First oil change gave the truck no more increase in power/performance. Than, I used the AC and the truck's power dipped down a bit more! The "Uconnect" computer system with its touch-screen is also problematic. The radio will not shut off. The sound can be muted but, will come back on each time you start up the motor. Very annoying! The GPS/Navigation system is "pre-programmed" and when you want to find a location you MUST know exactly the part of a city or town where that street is or, the system will not allow you to map it. Good luck! The Bluetooth system has been off and on all by itself. This computerized system is an expensive option that I could have done without! Yes, I have brought the truck in for trouble-shooting and I am told each time that this is the way this truck and its components are "supposed to work." On the positive side: this truck is comfortable, quiet riding and it does get good MPG at about 17/18 around town and 21/23 on the long drives at highway speeds."

Happy with purchase

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

Pros: "styling, great looks (flame red) great price"

Cons: "none yet only had truck 4.5 months"

"Purchased Larmie November 2013. Made one 400 mile trip avg 21 mpg. I was impressed, with ride and handeling. City driving 14.2, most driving is city,4 miles per day. Glad I have 4 wheel drive needed it this winter in the north east. Need wheel to wheel run boards to get in cab (makes life easier)"

Good truck

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"Ive only had the Ram for about 6 weeks but so far I love it. The inside is very nice, I like the interior of rams better than all other trucks. The hemi has a pile of power, if I tromp on it I'm going 40 it'll still spin tire."

It's worth the money

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

Pros: "Quality, price, value, reliability awesomeness"

Cons: "gas rices"

"I love it. I own a 2014 Ram 1500 Outdoorsman Hemi 5'7" dual color. It was priced at 48K I got mine special ordered for 32K so the answer is YES you can get a good deal if you know your stuff. I get in to places where some of the lifted trucks can not get in to. I drove it on 4 wheeler trail and true mud and who knows what else and only got stuck once ( made it out myself, without any help ) The truck base awesome ground clearance and is you know what you are doing behind the wheel you are gonna be just fine. Absolutely to aftermarket adjust mat or modifications are needed. I was thinking about getting better tires but so far I don't need them. The truck has been in some really rough terrain ( like logging sites, volcano ash and some off-road (not dirt trails but real off road)) and has preformed real well. The only time I got stuck was when I drove in to a mud hole without checking it out before and the mud got up to the top of the bumper and I created suction. I have not done any towing with it so I can't judge the milage for that but normal highway driving (with the HEMI) is about about 20 mpg's and city is about 13-15 depends on the city. I wanted a real mans truck and I got one. I do not regret anything about it. In the beginning I had a bit trouble with the sensors in the front bumper but as it turned out it was not meant to run owed small trees and the dealer fixed it for free so I'm happy about that. The only bad thing I can think of is the gas prices ;)"

Wonderful Truck

By on Thursday, September 19, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable ride, great mileage, plenty of power"

Cons: "Minor problem with power windows, dealer fixed"

"Very Comfortable Ride. Great mileage for pickup (18 city, 23 hwy). Has plenty of power to pull a 26 foot travel trailer. Very quiet ride."

No Comparision

By on Sunday, March 27, 2011

"I have owned the Ford F-150 Crew Cab, The New Style Toyota Tundra with its 5.7 engine and Now the 2011 Dodge Ram Crew 4x4. While they all have been good vehicles, the RAM stands alone with its entire package. All interior features and options are laid out perfectly for comfort and styling. We have 3 children ages 10 to 16 and they have plenty of room all around with our full Crew Cab. (The quad was just a little small for us, that is why we opted for the bigger cab package.) The exterior is just sleek and bold. With some very nice Colors. Personally we have the Hunter Green Metallic. The ride and handling is 2nd to none. No wind or road noise what so ever. No roll in the turns as well as the turning radius is tight for the size of the truck, and even the speed bumps don't cause any major bounce. And finally the 5.7 HEMI... What can I say. Strong and silent. Pulls through all ranges and when you put your foot into it, it gets up and goes... as well as I have been averaging 17 around town and low 20's on the Highway. This is the first Dodge vehicle I have ever owned and as with all the reviews I have read, DODGE has their stuff together with this one. I would Highly recommend this Truck to anyone in the market for a full size Truck."

Hemi Power, Decent Mileage, Excellent Versatility

By on Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Pros: "Roomy, on and off road comfort and capability"

Cons: "Lower level models lack creature comforts"

"I have the Express model, 4x4 Hemi. The Express isn't 'Top of the Line" but it looks great with it's monochromatic style and 20" chrome rims. Mine is Flame red. I'm able to consistently get 15.8-16.0 mpg in town, and over 23 on long stretches of interstate driving. Very roomy, great in cab storage. I found used Tundra's with 50000 miles for more than this brand new truck. I shopped Ford and comparably equipped (well they don't have a gas V8 to compare to the Hemi) and they were thousands more. Very happy with this truck."

Love this Truck

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks, design, quality, comfort,"

Cons: "gas consumption is much lower than expected"

Hauling over 1800lbs of railroad ties, and could have added more

"I have owned an Avalanche, a Dodge Dakota, and now this RAM. I purchased it with about 3K miles, so basically new. I own the Sport edition, with leather interrior, full navigation, fake chrome wheels, towing package, you name it. The interrior is beautifully done and extremely comfortable. It's not as roomy as the Avalanche, but that's ok, because the bed fits a lot more. It rides beautifully and I get nothing but compliments on it. it's a truck, so it rides like one, but the comfort of the interrior makes up for it. The gas isn't nearly as good as it's rated, but that's what you get when you purchase a HEMI. RAM should probably be a bit more accurate, as I get about 13MPG on average. On the highway doing a steady speed I can get up around 18-20, but other than that it's about 13-14. I'm not a big fan of the fake chrome hubcaps, but other than that the rest of the truck does not look or feel cheap at all. So far, no problems to speak of. This RAM has been very useful for doing yard projects, moving, hauling, towing, etc. I just hauled over 1800lbs of railroad ties in it without a problem. So far, no problems with this truck at all."

Hauling over 1800lbs of railroad ties, and could have added more

TD'S review

By on Tuesday, January 06, 2015

Pros: "great power , smooth, rides like adream"

Cons: "N/A"

"I am proud to offer my opinion on this vehicle ! THE HEMI IS 1 IN in ALL THE BEST powerplant that this Truck has to offer this great handling , along with the best ride I had ever had. The traction control with 4wheel dr."

Too soon for Reliability Rating

By on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pros: "Ride, style, performance, convienence, value."

Cons: "Quality control issues:paint, power equipment."

"This is my first Ram (Dodge )being a previous long term Ford owner. First off, the truck's design is top notch. Ride and performance are excellent. Fuel mileage was 20.7 mpg on a 300 mile road trip, not too shabby for a 390hp V8. Most serious flaw I can find so far would be "Quality control". Had to return to dealer twice to correct flaws in the paint. Also had an electrical problem with the rear sliding window because of a pinched wire that was shorting out.Reliability cannot be determined yet as it is only (1) yr. old. If Ram can correct some of these quality control issues, this truck could easily be the leader of the pack."

great truck with some engineering flaws

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "great to ride and drive"

Cons: "difficult to get in and use as a "truck""

"Great truck, drives and rides great, good fuel mileage for a truck. Same problem as most new trucks, sits entirely to high off the ground. Im a fairly tall guy (6'3") and have no trouble getting in and out… the problem is that the seat will be totally worn out before the truck has 40,000 miles on it from having to slide in and out! Newer trucks are so high from the ground older people can't even get in them easily and won't buy them due to that fact. I am also a contractor and the bed being so high is a huge issue for me. Its difficult to load/ unload and almost impossible to reach over the side to retrieve anything, then I end up having to drop the tailgate and crawl into the bed to get anything that is at the front of the bed. For this reason, I am selling my Ram and will replace it with an older body style that isn't so high off the ground. My previous F-350 Super Duty did not set as high as this 1500."

4th Dodge Ram Pick up

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, sure is a head turner"

Cons: "would love to have a natural gas mix"

"This is the, first HEMI 5.7, Gas mileage started very low but as it gets broke in the mileage is increasing Im at 18.6 now @ 75 MPH, still getting better. I have had the 318 engine and loved it, I hope this HEMI measures up. Love the roomy interior and the high tech"

Best over All

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

"Buy Again"

Pentastar v6 with the 8speed is great!

By on Thursday, September 26, 2013

"4x4 full size truck and I average 22.4 mpg. Even with mixed driving conditions. Interior is awesome, $9000 in rebates, aggressive looks, whats not to like?"

Sorry Ford and GM, this one is a NO BRAINER!!!!

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, very fuel friendly!"

"I don't know why everyone is complaining about the gas mileage? If you read the manual or even went through the truck and checked out its features, you would see that the trucks today come with an ECON system and really allows the truck to sip the gas. I can stretch a 1/4 tank of gas for a week and a half. That thing can get more than 18 mpg's, you just have to know how to drive it. Trust me I've been using this feature and it works.Again READ THE MANUAL or WATCH THE DVD THAT COMES WITH THE TRUCK!!!!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Regular Cab near Honolulu. See local deals