• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2012 Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Based on 200 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Solid little diesel

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy and creature comforts."

Cons: "Oil change at the dealer $200.00 (synthetic)"

"I traded a 2013 3/4 ton cummins 4x4 in on this for the milage and the fact I don't do allot of heavy towing. The fuel and isurance saves me about $300.00-$400.00 per month. It has a super ride compared to the HD witch is to be expected. I like the auto 4x4 for rainy days, it really helps at the moment you need to get around a corner in traffic. The truck does not have a tall stance, while I think it would look better sitting higher it is easyer to enter and exit and that I do like. How many of us are actually going to take the thing mud bogging anyway? It does not have an auto idel-up like the Cummins witch is dissapointing, Low idel is not good for oil burners witch is why the cummings has that feature and in fact will idel up on it's own as it requires. The turbo winds up pretty good in most cases and the transmission usually does a good job on gear selection with the occasional hiccup when slowing and going back on the throttle quickly. I do idel allot and my current average MPG is 22 mpg at an average speed of 21 MPG. In town I average 22.5 to 24 in town and have gotten up to 31 MPG highway. My last 5 trucks were ram products that I have had good luck with so I have no need to change. Overall I am happy with the power and quality of the motor and tranny. If your new to Diesel engines it will take some getting used to, they don't rocket off the line like a gas motor but one you get used to it you'll find the true power in a motor is torque and not HP. If your comming from an oil burner already just realize it's half the average HD in size but performs very well in the half ton setup."

darn good truck

By on Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Pros: "awesome truck , power, comfort and reliabilty !"

"excellent truck , it even gets better after replacing the goodyear tires . fuel economy is very good for a vehicle this size. 5.7 hemi is an awesome engine. crew cab gives a little more leg room in rear seating area . and yes I'm buying another one ."

Very satisfied with the Ram! Thinking of up grade

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "drives and handles great"

Cons: "Doesn't have all the options the new Ram has"

"Thinking of upgrading to a 2014 Ram! To get new options. Pleasure to drive and decent gas mileage, with very careful driving I have gotten 23mpg! But that was driving for mileage normal driving is usually 17.5 to 18.5, can vary on how I drive, more or less, good truck to own."

GOOD AND BAD

By on Sunday, October 26, 2014

Pros: "MPG, towing abilities"

Cons: "entertainment system"

"First the bad, seats are not too comfy on long road trips, and whatever entertainment system you get when you buy it is what you are stuck with. For some reason a decision maker decided you can not upgrade the system once it is out of the factory. I miss my NAV. This truck towed my 62 GMC 2000 from California to Minnesota without any issues, and had no problems getting up to highway speed, on this trip I averaged 15 MPG….hauling over 8000 lbs. Normal highway MPG is 24 and some change."

Buy it

By on Saturday, October 25, 2014

"Have the 6 cyl and can get 24mpg on the interstate doing 70-72. it tows my 3600lb boat and does all I ask."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Quad Cab near Honolulu. See local deals