• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2011 Ram 1500 Quad Cab

Based on 228 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Solid vehicle, so far.

By on Friday, April 24, 2015

Pros: "Great price, good value."

Cons: "Front seat leather too thin."

"Good comfort and performance, very reliable. Front left vibration when coasting or at certain speeds. Might be a wheel bearing. Will have checked. Leather heated/cooled front seats may not last 100,000 miles. Leather is wearing out quickly. No significant rattles and there shouldn't be. Oil filter located in a hard to reach area. I change my own oil (Mobile 1). Great vehicle to drive."

GREAT RIDE PLENTY OF POWER

By on Thursday, April 23, 2015

Pros: "RIDE, INTERIOR, TOWING, QUIET INTERIOR"

Cons: "NONE"

"LIKE THIS TRUCK GREAT RIDE NICE FEATURES"

A Complete Surprise!

By on Friday, May 23, 2014

Pros: "Heated/Ventilated Seats, Sound System, Exhaust.."

Cons: "It sits high up.. But it's a truck!! its expected!"

"I have the 2014 Ram 1500 Laramie, Let me just say I didn't expect a very luxurious interior! Heated Seats and a heat wheel! Ventilated Seats.. The Exterior is well designed and the power of the 5.7 L Hemi is outstanding! The only thing I can't speak of is Reliability I baby this truck so it should be good! Overall this truck is awesome! Definitely check it out in person."

Handles/rides well. MPG's- poor local, good hwy.

By on Saturday, August 06, 2011

Pros: "Good highway mpg's, excellent interior storage."

Cons: "Poor local mpg's. Too many initial problems and recalls."

"I have owned 4 new trucks since 2001, 3 GM's and now this 2011 Ram SLT Bighorn. All have been V8, 4X4 extended cab models. The Ram has a smoother ride, a more comfortable and useful interior and handles better then those GM's. Performance-wise the Ram is not that much quicker and it gets worse mpgs and the 3 GM's I owned did not have cylinder deactivation (had an '01 w/4.8, '03 w/5.3 and '06 w/5.3 H.O.). I averaged 18.2 mpg w/all 3 GM's and 17.1 mpg with this Ram driving the same way (easy on the throttle), same roads and all 4 trucks have had similar rear gear ratio's. That might seem close but with gas pushing $4/gallon every little bit helps. The Ram has had 1 recall (rear axle) and 4 rapid responses in my 7 months of ownership. I had 1 recall (tailgate strap) in 10 years of driving the 3 GM's, so the GM's have been more reliable. I am hoping to see an end to the recalls and rapid responses and would also like to see local mpg's increase as the truck breaks in. I also notice that the 5.7's power wheelhouse is at too high an rpm, by the time the engine really starts to pull I am already at the speed limit. If I was at the track and launching at 2800 rpm this wouldn't be a concern but when I am merging onto a highway I want the power then and there, not when I am already at 65mph. As you can probably tell from the above text I am not a kid and am a function over form type of guy. I see a lot of reviews that talk about having a "Hemi" and how cool it is and rate the vehicle high for that reason alone. Not me, any truck must do all the things a truck is meant for and be reliable and that is what I based my ratings on."

Absolutely fantastic truck. Best vehicle.

By on Thursday, May 14, 2015

"Great vehicle. Best bang for the bucks."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Quad Cab near Honolulu. See local deals