• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,608 - $30,853.

10/7.8

Based on 221 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Good value for the price.

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "Good mileage and power, good ride."

Cons: "Poor headlights, doors hard to shut."

"Have a 2012 Express with a little over 10K miles, bought new. Pretty happy with the truck, it's my 1st Dodge I've ever owned. Averaging 16-17 mpg in daily driving. Downsides are the headlights, which are the worst of any vehicle I've ever owned. High beams are essentially worthless, I drive w/ low beams and fog lights most of the time. Also the doors have to pretty much be slammed shut, they will not fully close w/o some muscle."

Best truck ever!

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Int. Space, Power, Quality"

"This is the best truck I have ever owned. The ride quality, interior refinements and overall build quality are all second to none. I have personally owned a Ford F-150, Dodge Ram (2003), Chevy Silverado and Toyota Tundra and this truck defeats them all by a very large margin. Great fuel economy (Average 17 MPG) and power especially for the price. The RamBox Cargo Management System is simply ingenious. Absolutely would recommend this truck to anyone!"

Awesome truck!

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Great styling, good value, awesome power"

Cons: "Cheap plastic and paint"

"I bought this truck last January and have since put over 23,000 miles on it. Looks absolutely beautiful! Everything works as it should, the Hemi has plenty of power for a half ton. I tow a fairly light trailer (3,000 to 4,000 lb) on occasion, and it had absolutely no problems. Has plenty of room! Average 16-17 mpg, have gotten 23 mpg on long trips. Absolutely no problems there! The only problems that I have is the paint quality is cheap. It looks like it will rust very quickly in a New England environment. The plastic moldings on the bed also scratch very easily. Besides those two minor flaws, excellent truck for the price!"

A very good pick up truck

By on Monday, April 22, 2013

Pros: "handling, power, towing capability."

Cons: "headrest uncomfortable"

"This is a very nice looking, smooth riding, rig. It tows like a dream. I can get 23mpg on highway if I keep my foot out off of the gas! Only down fall are the head rests. They are very uncomfortable, other than that, I LOVE MY TRUCK!"

mine

By on Wednesday, April 17, 2013

"it the best truck ever"

A little pricey but overall a Great truck!

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Safety, Durability, and Style"

Cons: "Price"

"I've owned my truck now for 7 months, and I do everything in it. The gas isn't that bad either for a truck I average 17 mpg, but I usually get about 21 mpg on the Hwy. Yes, I have the Hemi in my truck too. The power is always there when you need it(i.e. pulling, passing, etc.). Only complaint is Price, so I suggest stick it to those sales people as hard as you can."

The whole package

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, outstanding interior, good looks"

Cons: "Tight fit for my garage"

"I had an f150 that I have few complaints about. The new Ram caught my eye when I was in the market this time around. The ride, looks, the engine, and the bang for the buck won me over. I also researched and test drove a couple f150s and the tundra. F150s were okay but I just wasn't feeling it. The tundra looks just seemed to odd and bubble shaped, the interior was far inferior to the above mentioned and it just so happens the one I test drove had engine knock. Left a bad feeling."

Love this Truck

By on Monday, March 11, 2013

Pros: "Looks, design, quality, comfort,"

Cons: "gas consumption is much lower than expected"

Hauling over 1800lbs of railroad ties, and could have added more

"I have owned an Avalanche, a Dodge Dakota, and now this RAM. I purchased it with about 3K miles, so basically new. I own the Sport edition, with leather interrior, full navigation, fake chrome wheels, towing package, you name it. The interrior is beautifully done and extremely comfortable. It's not as roomy as the Avalanche, but that's ok, because the bed fits a lot more. It rides beautifully and I get nothing but compliments on it. it's a truck, so it rides like one, but the comfort of the interrior makes up for it. The gas isn't nearly as good as it's rated, but that's what you get when you purchase a HEMI. RAM should probably be a bit more accurate, as I get about 13MPG on average. On the highway doing a steady speed I can get up around 18-20, but other than that it's about 13-14. I'm not a big fan of the fake chrome hubcaps, but other than that the rest of the truck does not look or feel cheap at all. So far, no problems to speak of. This RAM has been very useful for doing yard projects, moving, hauling, towing, etc. I just hauled over 1800lbs of railroad ties in it without a problem. So far, no problems with this truck at all."

Hauling over 1800lbs of railroad ties, and could have added more

Best truck on the market, Owned for 9 months

By on Wednesday, March 06, 2013

Pros: "Looks, Power, Interior"

"My wife and I were looking for a truck so we test drove nearly every brand on the market (F150, Tundra, Avalanche, Silverado, Titan, and the RAM) The Ram is so much more comfortable than any other truck with the all around coil springs. Also, the interior space is only beaten by the F150 (by about 3 inches) but the quality is far superior than the F150. I have the 5.7 hemi, and on my last trip from Dallas to Ft. Sill (~175 miles) my overall MPG average was 23.1 averaging 65 mph. I get compliments all the time on how well it looks as well as how roomy the interior is. This truck will also out accelerate about everything else on the road so passing on the freeway is NO problem. The only 'issue' is the back seating, the middle of the floor is raised to accomidate the transmission, unlike the flat floor in the F150. I recommend this truck to all of my friends and co-workers whenever they tell me they are looking for a new truck. Coming from a person who did the test driving and homework, this is the best truck on the market by far!!!"

Very, very nice rig

By on Monday, February 25, 2013

Pros: "Rides and drives great. Interior is premium."

Cons: "Keeping foot off throttle is difficult!"

"I bought this truck after having a mid-sized import truck. What an improvement! If you can keep your foot off the accelerator it gets respectable fuel mileage, but the Hemi wants to run. It pulls my 5,000 lbs trailer like its nopt there and the interior is nicer and more comfortable than my Acura. The premium stereo and Navi are definitely worth the price as well. There are also tons of accessories to make it your own as well."

Strong performer

By on Friday, February 22, 2013

Pros: "Style, engine, reliablility"

Cons: "Gas mileage, stock tires"

"Bought this last Summer, it is a very nice truck for the price. My biggest complaints are gas mileage and slow drivers, maybe it is just from the big engine but I notice most cars driving slower in front of me all the time. It can get up to 20mpg, but if you drive it mostly city like I have to, it drops to about half that. The stock tires are awful, I had to spent about a grand within 5 months of buying just to get to work, but these are all pretty expected issues. It does tend to get a slight shudder around 40mph as the eco mode fights with the engine. The truck itself rides well going straight, it does lean a bit too much on curves, feels slightly unstable if you take a turn at higher speed. All in all this is a solid truck for a good price, if you have driven trucks in the past then this is not going to throw you any nasty curveballs."

Great Purchase

By on Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Pros: "Rips up the streets."

"Was able to purchase this truck new for $18,500.00 back in 2012. Considering the price and performance of the truck, I couldn't ask for a better buy. The interior is phenomenal. The steering and smoothness of the ride is unparalleled for a truck this size. Oh, and the 390 horsepower is pretty freaking sweet. The truck is light and accelerates so quickly. It gets up. When the hog is hungry, you've got to let her eat."

coin toss

By on Saturday, February 09, 2013

Pros: "RAMBOX"

Cons: "everything else"

"Bought a 2012 tradesman with RAMBOX feature and 4.7L 2wd. Storage is great, plenty of power for daily driving, and fairly comfortable. Now..... the issues. Truck is plagued with electrical gremlins as well as underdash noises. Multiple occasions truck has no electrical power when trying to start, then minutes later will start normally. During shutdown, actuators for heating and air blend door systems can be heard cycling. No issue bulletins, and no help from dealers. My only hope at this point is that someone hits and totals it while its sitting still, so that Gap Insurance will pay off the loan. Buy a Toyota"

Outstanding

By on Thursday, February 07, 2013

Pros: "Ride, looks, u connect"

Cons: "My friends keep asking to use it"

"The truck has the whole package. I looked into the f150 & tundra,the Chevy just didn't interest me. Tundra just felt cheap and clunky. the Ford was good. It came down that I liked the overall looks of the dodge inside and out. I've put this truck through some serious trails and ridden a lot of highway. This truck has handled everything above expectations"

This is an awesome vehicle. Owned it for 1 year.

By on Tuesday, February 05, 2013

Pros: "Best bang for you buck, awesome."

"I have owned this truck for a year. It gets 20mpg on the highway and rides like a luxury car. It is also my first Chrysler truck."

BEST WORK TRUCK OUT THERE!!

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "great price handles outstanding extremely reliable"

Cons: "not so good on gas"

"I beat this thing up and it stays extremely reliable and gorgeous at the same time! I absolutely love the way it drives and handles. Recommend this to anyone that want top notch working truck. My favorite feature is the RAMBOX. AWESOME."

Too soon for Reliability Rating

By on Thursday, November 22, 2012

Pros: "Ride, style, performance, convienence, value."

Cons: "Quality control issues:paint, power equipment."

"This is my first Ram (Dodge )being a previous long term Ford owner. First off, the truck's design is top notch. Ride and performance are excellent. Fuel mileage was 20.7 mpg on a 300 mile road trip, not too shabby for a 390hp V8. Most serious flaw I can find so far would be "Quality control". Had to return to dealer twice to correct flaws in the paint. Also had an electrical problem with the rear sliding window because of a pinched wire that was shorting out.Reliability cannot be determined yet as it is only (1) yr. old. If Ram can correct some of these quality control issues, this truck could easily be the leader of the pack."

Excellent Truck

By on Friday, November 16, 2012

Pros: "great ride and looks awesome"

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I have owned this truck for over a year and a half and I love this truck. Rides exceptionally smooth and has pleanty of power with the Hemi engine. Exterior and interior looks are second to none. I get compliments everywhere I go. However I did have a few problems with it. Had to have the starter changed within the first 10000 miles. The third brake light did have a leak which I got water inside the truck, nothing much but it needed to be fixed. I also had a electrical problem that took the dealer a week to find out the cause. There was a connector in the headliner that went bad and caused all the dash lights to go on all the time as well as none of the gauges would work. The transmission does clunk every so often when I put it in and out of gear. Even with these issues I know two other people with this same truck and they never had any problems at all. I do still love this truck and would buy it again."

Previous Chevy driver 10 yrs, now a RAM driver

By on Monday, November 12, 2012

Pros: "5.7 Hemi is outstanding/ full design is great"

Cons: "20" chrome wheels have plastic covers"

"Completly satisfied with overall performance."

Best vehicle

By on Monday, October 29, 2012

Pros: "Rambox is awesome"

Cons: "Rambox is still awesome"

"Had owned 2000 f-150, traded in for 2007 dodge ram mostly for the look. Just looked mean. Had 87000 miles with no problems. Just wanted to get the new truck smell back so traded it in and got a new 2012 ram 4x4 quad cab tradesman. The truck is awesome in every way. It came with trailer hitch, spray in liner, plenty of storage and oh yea the ramboxes witch are great. Put everything inside them from groceries to tools and fishing gear."

Best Full size on the market

By on Sunday, October 14, 2012

Pros: "quiet/high quality ride, great styling, capable"

Cons: "Normal Full size truck neg- gas, parking"

"I test drove All the major competitors. Ram offers top quality ride and comfort,most standard options: 20's, dual exhaust, remote start, auto lights, triple seal interior reduces outside noise, flawless "eco" adjust to 4 cylinder at constant speeds (25+mpg). Great looks! 8k oil changes! 100k warranty."

Sorry Ford and GM, this one is a NO BRAINER!!!!

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, very fuel friendly!"

"I don't know why everyone is complaining about the gas mileage? If you read the manual or even went through the truck and checked out its features, you would see that the trucks today come with an ECON system and really allows the truck to sip the gas. I can stretch a 1/4 tank of gas for a week and a half. That thing can get more than 18 mpg's, you just have to know how to drive it. Trust me I've been using this feature and it works.Again READ THE MANUAL or WATCH THE DVD THAT COMES WITH THE TRUCK!!!!!!"

Kick myself for not going Dodge years ago

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "No complaints here!!!!!!!!"

"Bought this truck six months ago and litteraly fell in love with. Smooth comfortable ride. Full of power. The Four wheel drive shifts into gear smoothly. Very safe and reliable especially when I transport precious cargo (my daughter) to and from work everyday. Was blown away from the extraordinary amount of room the truck has in it. Compared to chevy and ford, Ram takes the cake for comfort and power. This is a very well built truck, dodge did their homework when they designed it.Will gladly purchase another one when need be.Way to go DODGE!!!!!!"

Great buy for your money

By on Friday, October 05, 2012

Pros: "great price, great power"

Cons: "not enough aftermarkets"

"I purchased this vehicle a little less than a year ago. i have owned two previous rams a 1998 5.9 1500 and a 2004 2500 hemi. Neither of my old ones have ever had any issues towing or hauling for their years. this one looks the best out of all of them and is definently the fastest and most capable. i love it. wouldnt buy another truck."

Great All American Pickup Truck

By on Thursday, October 04, 2012

Pros: "Quality, power, ride, good mpg, tuff truck"

Cons: "Lack of the 6.4L 470HP Hemi as an option"

"I absolutely just love my 2012 Ram 1500 Express (reg. cab/short bed) muscle truck. The 390HP 5.7L Hemi V8/6-Speed Auto OD Trans./3.55:1 limited-slip rear axle combo is very pleasing to drive and reasonably economical too! Most of the time, the ECO is on, disabling 4 of the 8 cylinders and deliverying amazing fuel economy (EPA rating is 14City/20Highway)...I'm seeing a consistent 14.8-15.1 MPG in the city! The ride is very nice too, especially when one considers it's a pickup truck! I'm very satisfied with the vehicle and would easily recommend it to others looking for a full sized pickup."