• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,871 - $31,034.

10/7.8

Based on 194 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great truck and excellent value!

By on Saturday, August 24, 2013

Pros: "Look, value, interior, stock stereo amazing"

Cons: "None at this time."

"I love my 2012 Ram 1500 4x4. It has the Big Horn Package. The bucket seats are very comfortable and the interior with the floor mounted shift looks amazing. I drove the Nissan Titan and Ford F150 and this truck interior blows both of those away! Ride quality was also better in my opinion. Stock stereo sounds great too. Bluetooth is easy to use and works very well. It is a great all around truck and tows my 21 foot Malibu ski boat like it's not even there. Gas mileage has been 14-15 mpg when city only and over 20 mpg freeway with the 5.7L Hemi. Towing only dropped to about 13 mpg. I enjoy every minute of driving it and plan to own this truck for a long time."

Best truck yet

By on Tuesday, August 20, 2013

Pros: "Great looking truck"

Cons: "Crew cab needs longer bed in 1500"

Mine is Rugged Brown, almost got the Longhorn.

"This is my 4th Ram pick-up, this one has it all, they just keep getting better"

Mine is Rugged Brown, almost got the Longhorn.

I completely enjoy this truck

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "Autostart with warmup adjustments"

Cons: "Tires are gone at 30000 miles"

"My job requires me to drive a lot . I am comfortable all day long. It tows my camper nice and still get about 11 mpg as long as I'm not passing everyone. With the hemi power is there when you want it. Laramie is the comfort package love it."

Favorite so far!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Power, Ride, Mileage, Styling"

"This is my third Ram. I had an '05 and an'09. I loved them both. I needed more power over the 4.7L and man did I get it!! The Hemi has it all. I was concerned about the fuel mileage but that went a way quick. All that power and 20mpg on the highway! I'm very happy. Ram is in my opinion the best truck on the road today. I love the styling (my second concern) and the ride is fantastic. I have the Long Horn edition and this is my first 4WD. I couldn't be happier with it. I pull a pontoon boat often and this truck just moves right along with it! Buy one! It will be the best truck move you could make!"

Handles dirt roads

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Power, ride"

Cons: "Lack of tilting steering wheel"

"Besides having the incredible power of the hemi v8, the ride is amazingly smooth. I live a mile in on a dirt road and the truck nearly glides over the washboard conditions."

Good truck with great power!

By on Sunday, August 04, 2013

Pros: "Power , Looks ,Ride and super reliable"

Cons: "Interior lights"

"This has been a great truck. The HEMI is amazing. I pull a camper and a car trailer with no fuss. Wish it sat up a little higher like my 02 RAM did but not a major concern. The only big grip I have is the interior lighting exspecialy the dash it pretty bad. Super bright at night and when you adjust it for the night you cant see any of the radio lights in the day and constent adjusting is a pain. Handles fantastic and rides like a dream. Looks are second to none! Shifts great also. Dont be afraid to purchase one."

Best bang for the buck!

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "Everything about it."

Cons: "It's a semi, not a hemi."

"I own a rare 2D 4x4 4.7L with a RamBox bed and am beyond please d with it. I was fortunate enough to find a leftover 2012 model in March of '13 and got a heck of a deal on it. The rambox is a completely genius way to utilize an otherwise wasted space. I had mine equipped with a rhino liner, bed rail tie downs and trailer brakes. The short wheelbase is excellent in pulling trailers because of the turning radius. Overall, highly impressed with this model. Vinyl interior and vinyl floor make for an excellent work truck. A/C is beyond efficient and the sound system, for a stock system, is impressive."

Best Truck I've Ever Owned

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "Reliability"

Cons: "Expensive"

"The Ram trucks are the best by far. The modern comfort of the interior and the hands-free options with the UConnect system make it easy to place phone calls and change radio stations without taking your eyes off the road. The 4X4 drivetrain is great. I have taken it up sandy hills and have never even come close to getting stuck."

I've had several dodge rides and this one is great

By on Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Pros: "For a truck its great on the gas and comfortable"

Cons: "the u-connect could be alittle more user friendly"

"It's an outdoorsman and I love it. The truck is made for comfort and durability. Didn't go with the 20 inch rims but got everything else. The 8 speed trans does good for pulling as well as helping the gas mileage. I've seen it up to 21 out on the highway and that's with the 5.7 hemi. the ram cargo box system is a must on this truck. I didn't think that I would like it but turns out I don't see how I have managed without it. The feature also locks and unlocks with the key fob so its a very good place to keep your valuables when on trips. Also love the alpine stereo. To those that love music this is a must. WAY TO GO DODGE!!!! You can bet that this truck will be in the family for a while."

Love that HEMI! 4x4 great! Agressive interior!

By on Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Pros: "Good truck MPG. HEMI AWESOME."

Cons: "Back window seal will need to be looked at!"

"I've had my Ram over 4 months now. I bought it used and have driven the fire out of it so far. I LOVE the agressive interior and bold exterior. My olny neg and only mark down is the back window "will" leak if you don't catch it. I had a 1998 ram and it had the same problem. IT EASY TO FIX! 5 minutes. Three places. Bottom of back bed light and the right/left top back windows where the roof and door meet. Like I said EASY but a huge watery mess if ignored."

My Dodge Truck

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "pretty, comfortable, fun to drive, easy to park"

"It looks good. It gets good mileage. It is easy to drive. It is comfortable & easy to get in & out of. Good vision. I can see out very well. I can't think of anything negative about it!"

My Dodge Truck

By on Monday, July 08, 2013

Pros: "pretty, comfortable, fun to drive, easy to park"

Strong Hemi but weak construction good milage

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Strong Hemi engine weak transmission!"

Cons: "not quality built and metal very weak!!!"

"Have owned 4 Ram trucks this is the worst constructed I have ever had tie rod ends went bad at 22,000 miles bumper rusted at pick up had to be replaced under warranty as well as several other things. This is a cruddy quality built truck as I have ever bought new. Mileage and ride is good but that is about all I can say for the truck not happy with Dodge on this one at all and they could care less."

Strong Hemi but weak construction good milage

By on Saturday, July 06, 2013

Pros: "Strong Hemi engine weak transmission!"

Cons: "not quality built and metal very weak!!!"

great truck

By on Friday, July 05, 2013

Pros: "Storage, Power, love to drive"

Cons: "no cd player but thats the way of the world"

"I had a tough time on buying the 1500 over the 2500 but I am happy I did. The gas milage is so much better and the ride is great. My work truck is a 05 Ram 1500 Big Horn and my personal one is a 13 1500 Big Horn both with a hemi I am amazed in that amount of time ho much the truck has changed I liked the 05 ok but I really like the 13. I have had it for four months and havent had anything I would change so far. I also like all the storage space these trucks have."

I don't own this car

Pros: "looks Sharp ..gets great mileage, interior looks"

Cons: "Transmission has always been weird and sloppy, rev"

"I bought the 1500 off the lot , and here are some issues Hate: 1)Transmission has always been weird and sloppy, reverse hops like a bunny! its not synched very well with the accelerator, it surges and chatters all the time.' especially in stop and go traffic, or on a hill OMG! sometimes it doesn't know what to do with itself. Love: looks Sharp ..gets great mileage, interior looks and feels great. rides clean and comfortable. Hate: it seems the body is as thin as a "Coors light" can !! you just look at this thing.. and it dents !!"

Pros: "See Above"

Cons: "See above"

Pros: "See Above"

Cons: "See above"

unless rich dont buy

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Big, fast,chick magnet"

Cons: "no handling,shift issues,dealer issues,rattling"

"3rd day of having this vehicle the back axle started rusting profusely. Still does just not as bad.One day in the shop no rental car offered.Car shifts into "Eco" mode causing sparatic acceleration, slowed "Lugging" of engine causing lack of power to get to speed, hard shifts resulting in un wanted acceration,and correction during middle of turns due to un-wanted down/up shifts.Makes creaking/groaning in/out of gears and loud thumps when shifting through the gears with Shifter. When not using the stereo on the way to work you can hear rattling from something in the doors(front)from control panels for windows and the front windshield makes a flex noise in cold temps over every bump since i cant recreate this noise by the time the dealer opens they have done nothing.Another day in shop no rental offered.Also asked during ride about random shifting issue on "Eco" and was told that was"NORMAL for these trucks"!!!!!!!!Also asked during Oh yeah and the "computer issue valve noise" Car upon first start of day mid-afternoon 9000miles on engine started making a really loud clacking noise,obviously a vslve train noise had to have the car towed imeadiately to dealership. Another day in the shop. no rental offered.Told problem was bad computer software.And now insurance has gone up too..."

Best truck I've owned!

By on Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Pros: "Styling, interior, ride, reliability."

Cons: "gas mileage"

"I've purchased a new (2005)Chevy 2500, a new (2010)Ford F350, and a new (2012) Ram 1500 and of the three the Ram has been the best truck in my experience. The Chevy(diesel) suffered numerous engine problems and even bad tires that had to be replaced @ 7000 miles! The Ford(diesel) was a great improvement over the Chevy in every way. Quiet, comfortable, and reliable. I traded away the Ford because I was no longer pulling a large 5th wheel camper. The Ram has been my favorite so far. Love the styling, and the Hemi. The ride is terrific and it's been the most reliable. No repairs or warranty recalls to date. Looking at getting another 5th wheel camper and will probably go with a Ram 2500 with the Cummins!"

BEST TRUCK FOR 2013

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride, powerful, comfortable, looks"

Cons: "Voice commands not as effect as other vehicles"

2013 RAM 1500 4X$ Laramie

"2013 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4 Hemi 6 speed auto. I researched and drove all major manufactures of 1/2 ton trucks and this Ram 1500 was the most comfortable, quiet, innovative, powerful truck of the bunch. It was also priced at or lower than all the other trucks driven with similar trim levels. The gas mileage is fair for a v8 at 14mpg around town town at 17mpg under real driving conditions at 75mph going over mountain passes with several steep grades while pulling a 4,000 lb load. Go lighter on the pedal around 65 mph and I can easily get 19-20 mph on longer trips. The transmission shifts are smooth and subtle (unlike some of the other trucks I drove). Also the full time 4x4 proved very useful when towing a boat from Minnesota to Montana during an unexpected snow and ice storm. The new electronic steering is effortless and solid. The cluster and large media screen are useful and easy to see and operate. I always wanted a luxury vehicle but needed a truck. Now I have both at a lower cost."

2013 RAM 1500 4X$ Laramie

awsome truck

By on Saturday, May 18, 2013

Pros: "looks good and towes good"

"Had a ford ecoboost it was a eco wimp Not all what it is made out to be also I owned a tundras 5.7 before I purchased the ford gas hog and no guts above 70 mph when towing. Just bought this ram sport hemi. Rides better than ford. And smells and towes better than the junk tundra and ford. dodges are getting better watch out usa trucks And junk yotas"

All good.....

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Yes, priced right,and really fun to drive."

Cons: "I wish Mopar made a SuperCharger.......Hint"

"I bought it new in 2011.Drove for a few weeks and then put some performance upgrades. I added a chip,Magnaflow cat back exhaust,throttle spacer and cold air flow system.Because of the already high H.P. and torque, I squeezed out 502@ the crank and 480 on the torque. Oh, its the 2wd swb Express.10x's the performance my 2000 Ford Lightning.This truck is a "True Sleeper"."

Good value for the price.

By on Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Pros: "Good mileage and power, good ride."

Cons: "Poor headlights, doors hard to shut."

"Have a 2012 Express with a little over 10K miles, bought new. Pretty happy with the truck, it's my 1st Dodge I've ever owned. Averaging 16-17 mpg in daily driving. Downsides are the headlights, which are the worst of any vehicle I've ever owned. High beams are essentially worthless, I drive w/ low beams and fog lights most of the time. Also the doors have to pretty much be slammed shut, they will not fully close w/o some muscle."

Best truck ever!

By on Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Pros: "MPG, Int. Space, Power, Quality"

"This is the best truck I have ever owned. The ride quality, interior refinements and overall build quality are all second to none. I have personally owned a Ford F-150, Dodge Ram (2003), Chevy Silverado and Toyota Tundra and this truck defeats them all by a very large margin. Great fuel economy (Average 17 MPG) and power especially for the price. The RamBox Cargo Management System is simply ingenious. Absolutely would recommend this truck to anyone!"