2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,813 - $30,260.

10/7.8

Based on 242 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Very nice truck.

By on Thursday, February 05, 2015

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "came with carpet floor mats instead of rubber mats"

"It doesn't have the truck of the year title for nothing. Best ram I've owned to date. It's my 3rd one since 2006. They got this one right. Easy to drive and fun. My first hemi and with the 8 speed transmission it's not too bad on fuel. Actually better than the 4.7 liter by 2 miles a gallon. It surprised me alot, I thought it would be worse. I didn't expect it to be so good on gas."

love this truck

By on Wednesday, May 14, 2014

"this truck i all around awesome looks good drives good."

2011 SLT-Longhorn Crew 4x4

By on Monday, January 24, 2011

"This is a very good looking vehicle with unbelieveable manners for a truck. The ride is firm but well damped, no bounding or roll. The fuel economy (5.7 hemi) is very good for a truck of this size, actually better than the 2000 Dakota Quad with the 4.7 V8 I traded for the Ram crew. The interior is of very good to excellent quality, and the noise levels at highway speeds are as good as most high end full size sedans. As far as value, it only became affordable after heavy year-end rebates kicked in. Listed at about $41k"

Best truck I have ever owned

By on Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Pros: "Comfortable ride and fun to drive"

Cons: "More pulling power would be nice."

"I have been a Ford F150 man all my life. I have owned 8 Fords and never thought I would change. A little over a year ago I decided to give the Ram a try. I have not been disappointed. This is the best truck I have ever owned. I drive alot both on road and off. This truck handles both equally well. The ride is smooth and the power is more than enough. If I have any complaint at all it would be with the towing. I tow a 26' trailer with about 7,000# on it frequently and when towing the truck has to work hard to pull the load up hills. It will do it without loss of speed but you can really hear the gas engine complain. The interior of the is truck is well layed out and easy to drive. The trailer brake controls is the only thing I would move as it is hard to adjust when driving. If you have never owned a Ram truck I recommend this one. With 50,000 miles on this truck it has never been to the shop for anything except oil changes."

great looking/running truck

By on Sunday, March 30, 2014

Pros: "price...looks...ride...performance"

Cons: "column shift lever too long"

"grey hemi quad cab "Express" w. 20" chrome-clad wheels, dual exhausts...great looking & running truck @ unbeatable price...small complaint - long column shift lever impedes access to cup holders, but corrected on 2014 models with rotary shifter...others compliment frequently, including Ford, GM drivers...rides like luxury SUV"

Great truck but minor electrical problem

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Smooth ride, engine, transmission, comfort"

Cons: "UCONNECT issues has been resolved"

"I love this truck, it drives just like a car instead of something bigger in the air. My UCONNECT start giving me trouble but took to dealership without a problem now I'm a happy camper works absolutely great now. Ram handles smooth, air suspension is tight on getting better gas mileage and reducing an adequate ride on highway. I m 6'4'' have plenty of room stretching my legs and resting my left arm on door panel its comfortable for me with no issues. There are enough storage centers which is awesome the engine is now a 302hp PENTASTAR engine it beats 8 or 6 cylinders off the road being a crew cab its best in acceleration and transmission is powerfully smooth in ratios. Interior is bigger, with large console center and bucket cloth seats, heated seats, navigation, Pandora radio capability, Bluetooth, 1 year Sirius satellite radio is all standard excellent in this new technology with the UCONNECT 8'' color touch screen includes an rear backup camera. Its super fast as bought a Challenger or Charger, I love my Crew Cab being great having so much features hope can get a really good reliability from it."

fun to drive, great visibility, gets good MPG

By on Thursday, February 20, 2014

Pros: "like everything about vehicle"

Cons: "changing radio stations is a reach."

"get 20 plus MPG on highway, quick vehicle - 390 horses. visibility is very good all around, large mirrors, no real blind spots. stops pretty quick also - four wheel disc w/ ABS. drives very car like, not a rough ride, especially over train tracks, uneven roads etc."

My first truck and I absolutely love it

By on Wednesday, February 05, 2014

Pros: "Best truck for the money"

Cons: "Gas mileage"

"Best truck"

The truck is great except for one issue.

By on Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Pros: "fuel economy"

Cons: "Dial transmission doesn't want to function in real"

"This truck was a great buy except for one issue, if it gets really cold out it will not shift out of park. In sub zero temperatures I have had to let it warm up for 30 - 40 minutes shut it off wait about 10 minutes restart it and then it will shift. My dealer's service department's contribution to date has been "they never heard of such a thing". Otherwise it's a great truck. Excellent gas mileage, good ride, good power from the V-6. I really like it except for the "slight" inconvenience of not being able to go anywhere when it's below zero."

Great Truck better value for the dollar than other

By on Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pros: "Good value, fun to drive, nice console."

Cons: "None yet"

"Everybody who rides or drives my truck love it. Even my wife who hates trucks likes it because it is comfortable and with backup camera and park assist she isnt worried about parking it. Great power and great milage go hand in hand. Heated seats and wheel nice on cold below zero days in Minnesota."

Favorite so far!

By on Thursday, August 08, 2013

Pros: "Power, Ride, Mileage, Styling"

"This is my third Ram. I had an '05 and an'09. I loved them both. I needed more power over the 4.7L and man did I get it!! The Hemi has it all. I was concerned about the fuel mileage but that went a way quick. All that power and 20mpg on the highway! I'm very happy. Ram is in my opinion the best truck on the road today. I love the styling (my second concern) and the ride is fantastic. I have the Long Horn edition and this is my first 4WD. I couldn't be happier with it. I pull a pontoon boat often and this truck just moves right along with it! Buy one! It will be the best truck move you could make!"

Handles dirt roads

By on Tuesday, August 06, 2013

Pros: "Power, ride"

Cons: "Lack of tilting steering wheel"

"Besides having the incredible power of the hemi v8, the ride is amazingly smooth. I live a mile in on a dirt road and the truck nearly glides over the washboard conditions."

BEST TRUCK FOR 2013

By on Saturday, June 22, 2013

Pros: "Smooth quiet ride, powerful, comfortable, looks"

Cons: "Voice commands not as effect as other vehicles"

2013 RAM 1500 4X$ Laramie

"2013 1500 Laramie Crew 4x4 Hemi 6 speed auto. I researched and drove all major manufactures of 1/2 ton trucks and this Ram 1500 was the most comfortable, quiet, innovative, powerful truck of the bunch. It was also priced at or lower than all the other trucks driven with similar trim levels. The gas mileage is fair for a v8 at 14mpg around town town at 17mpg under real driving conditions at 75mph going over mountain passes with several steep grades while pulling a 4,000 lb load. Go lighter on the pedal around 65 mph and I can easily get 19-20 mph on longer trips. The transmission shifts are smooth and subtle (unlike some of the other trucks I drove). Also the full time 4x4 proved very useful when towing a boat from Minnesota to Montana during an unexpected snow and ice storm. The new electronic steering is effortless and solid. The cluster and large media screen are useful and easy to see and operate. I always wanted a luxury vehicle but needed a truck. Now I have both at a lower cost."

2013 RAM 1500 4X$ Laramie

All good.....

By on Friday, May 10, 2013

Pros: "Yes, priced right,and really fun to drive."

Cons: "I wish Mopar made a SuperCharger.......Hint"

"I bought it new in 2011.Drove for a few weeks and then put some performance upgrades. I added a chip,Magnaflow cat back exhaust,throttle spacer and cold air flow system.Because of the already high H.P. and torque, I squeezed out 502@ the crank and 480 on the torque. Oh, its the 2wd swb Express.10x's the performance my 2000 Ford Lightning.This truck is a "True Sleeper"."

The whole package

By on Monday, March 18, 2013

Pros: "Great ride, outstanding interior, good looks"

Cons: "Tight fit for my garage"

"I had an f150 that I have few complaints about. The new Ram caught my eye when I was in the market this time around. The ride, looks, the engine, and the bang for the buck won me over. I also researched and test drove a couple f150s and the tundra. F150s were okay but I just wasn't feeling it. The tundra looks just seemed to odd and bubble shaped, the interior was far inferior to the above mentioned and it just so happens the one I test drove had engine knock. Left a bad feeling."

BEST WORK TRUCK OUT THERE!!

By on Saturday, January 05, 2013

Pros: "great price handles outstanding extremely reliable"

Cons: "not so good on gas"

"I beat this thing up and it stays extremely reliable and gorgeous at the same time! I absolutely love the way it drives and handles. Recommend this to anyone that want top notch working truck. My favorite feature is the RAMBOX. AWESOME."

Great value

By on Thursday, August 09, 2012

Pros: "Great value for price"

"Powerful and confortable. More then enough power to pull boats. Impressed with fuel economy with Hemi. Very comfortable ride. The best Dodge pickup (10) I have owned. Impressed with quality of build, no noise or rattles. Well designed interior and exterior."

Great Truck

By on Friday, March 23, 2012

Pros: "Everything"

Cons: "nothing"

"I bought the Big Horn 4X4 crew cab a couple of weeks ago and I have to say it is the nicest truck I have ever rode in. The only bad thing is the gas mileage for the moment because I can't keep my foot out of the Hemi. The interior is spot on with the bucket seats and center console. The back up camera is awesome for hooking up my trailer. I couldn't believe how smooth it drives. It's a great truck and everyone should check one out before deciding on a Ford or Chevrolet."

More than satisfied!

By on Thursday, March 15, 2012

Pros: "Lots of power, fun to drive"

Cons: "See my comments about center storage above"

"Upgraded from 2005 Ram 1500 which I liked. The 2012 is even better yet! Great handling on highway driving, MPG highway 18-19, local driving about 14-15 MPG. I got the center counsel shifter, makes the driving experience very comfortable and for your stuff at hands reach, and stuff is not falling down to floorboard. Completely satisfied. Good value, good truck, glad I got the 2012. I like having the AC outlet for charging devices in addition to having the DC outlets. Simple to use the buttons on steering wheel to check vehicle status, not overly complicated or cumbersome."

Lots of room, lots of power, good fuel economy

By on Tuesday, February 14, 2012

"I have owned this for my business for 8 months now,I can't say enough about the changes dodge has made to their interiors. This truck is very comfortable with the leather seats,the built in navigation and it will even read me my e-mails through the sound system.Plenty of power when pulling a trailer the integrated break controls are awesome."

Full of issues

By on Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Pros: "Nice looking and lots of power"

Cons: "Not built well"

"I bought this vehicle with the intention of keeping it a long time. But feel that it will not be around long. There have been issues with this truck from day one. It was delivered with the air conditioning not functioning and required two trips for repair. It has had a groan in the torque converter that has been replaced and is on its way back to the shop for the third time to resolve. The fan motor has malfunctioned and is making a whining noise. Based on the good reviews I am assuming that I got a truck that is not the norm. On the possitive side the dealer has been eager to resolve the issues and offered to sell me another if I was not happy with this one. Maybe once the bugs are worked out it I will enjoy it."

country caddi

By on Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Cons: "brakes could be stronger"

2011 BIG HORN

"lots of room and storage -- hwy gas mileage is awesome for a V-8-----smooth ride---sharp truck!! I have always owned Nissan trucks --- thought I would give Ram a try -- glad I did"

2011 BIG HORN

Very satisfied with the Ram! Thinking of up grade

By on Sunday, November 02, 2014

Pros: "drives and handles great"

Cons: "Doesn't have all the options the new Ram has"

"Thinking of upgrading to a 2014 Ram! To get new options. Pleasure to drive and decent gas mileage, with very careful driving I have gotten 23mpg! But that was driving for mileage normal driving is usually 17.5 to 18.5, can vary on how I drive, more or less, good truck to own."

I will not keep this truck

By on Tuesday, April 03, 2012

"It's going to the dealer for trans work with just 37k miles, gas mileage is the worst of any truck I've owned and it eats tires and brakes very quickly. I don't do much towing/hauling with this truck, but you'd think that's what this truck was used for all its life. The driveline is very clunky and I've already replaced tires once and had brake pads replaced and rotors resurfaced twice in under 30k. Interior is also wearing very quickly."

This is the next generation of 1/2 ton trucks

By on Saturday, March 22, 2014

Pros: "RamBox,Air suspension system,Uconnect 8.4"

Cons: "Pandora is not part of the package for a year."

"This Ram truck is just class leading with a active airbag suspension,RamBox,5.7L cylinder deactivation,coil spring rear end is just amaze's me.This truck drives me to work like I am in a expensive sport car. Wow, load leveling air ride suspension,I just load our boat and press a button and it levels the truck automatically.20 inch wheels,with upgraded Nitto terra grappler's is just short of heaven.I used to be a diehard Ford F150,but my neighbor bought one and took me for a ride to the bike trail. I was shocked how easy his 8.4 inch Uconnect worked, it right away recognized my phone and his and paired us up bluetooth asap.I received a call in his truck,in bluetooth mode,not like mine in which I was constantly fighting to keep from losing my connecting and it never was able to hear me correctly. I like the texting optioning the Ram were I can text without taking my hands off the wheel.If you buy one check the box for the sunroof,it is awesome.It is hard to keep my wife from taking every day for her morning bike rides with the kids and dog,before I go to work.Pricing was just about a 2800.00 dollars below GM Silverado 5.3L 6 speed and Fords F150 Platium V6 Ecoboost 6 speed. Fuel mileage beats the Ford F150 Ecoboost by 2 miles to the gallon,the 8 speed see's to it always keeping me in 4 cylinder mode as long as possible. Also my Ford F150 required 2 flashes to my Ecoboost V6 I had because of drivers compliant of low fuel mileage,and limp mode,I never saw limp mode but never got the sticker fuel mileage advertised mpg.The Ram is getting between 22-25 all day long.Order the active suspension as well it you like the raised look.If you do not tow over 5000 pounds try test driving the V6 8 speed with a 3:55 axle,it is sweet."