• 2014 Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide

2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $29,955 - $31,116.

10/7.8

Based on 184 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 ... 16 17 18 19 | Next

Best big truck period!! Sorry Ford =(

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Ride, power, performance, look, available options"

Cons: "Absolutley none!! I love it!!"

"I love the way the truck handles like a sportscar, yet has the smooth ride of a luxury cadillac. The Hemi is efficient and the new suspension really makes a difference. Gone are the days of bumpy rides when you drive a full size truck. You can't go wrong with the Dodge Ram 1500 Big Horn."

I absolutely love this truck

By on Sunday, October 23, 2011

Pros: "Interior and Hemi engine power"

Cons: "Pricey for a pick-up truck that isn't a Diesel"

"Although I believe its very pricey for a truck, I love everything about it. The Interior is absolutely beautiful and everything is where it needs to be. The Hemi engine is spectacular and runs so smooth with never ending power. The gas mileage isn't so bad either, 22-23 on highway and 18 to 20 in town. I went from a Diesel to this truck thinking I'd be lacking in comfort and power and I have not been disappointed in the slightest bit."

The Total Package

By on Saturday, October 08, 2011

Pros: "Very Comfortable, Lots of Power, Interior is Great"

Cons: "None that I can think of."

"I did have 08 Silverado extended cab 4x4, but wanted to trade up for a crew cab truck. Our Silverado was missing a few options we wish we would have gotten back in 2008, so we were wanting our new truck to be full loaded. We test drove all the major full size trucks and just fell in love witht the interior of the Ram. We first sat in the Longhorn, but decided on the Laramie because we liked the color of the leather better. It rides so smoothly and the seats grip you and keep you comfortable. It has so many little things that make it the perfect truck. And on top of everything, it has a 5.7 Hemi motor under the hood that is definitely not lacking in power. Overall, I am very glad I switched over to Dodge and would highly recommend everyone take a look at the new Rams if they are considering a truck."

Love this truck!

By on Wednesday, October 05, 2011

"I bought a brand new 1500 crew cab big horn in March of 2011. The dealerships have great incentives and rebates on these trucks. I had it for about 6 months now and absolutely love it. Zero complaints or problems. Looks great, drives great, performs great. Drive anywhere, haul anything, tow anything. For the gas mileage, it is what it is..... the thing has a beast of an engine in it. I had an 2005 Chevy Trailblazer before this and the gas mileage isn't that much different."

Fantastic

By on Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Pros: "Big truck, great looks, fun off-road, plenty of room for everything."

Cons: "Have found none so far!!"

Playing in the snow in Iowa with a buddy.

"I completely love my Ram 1500. Very spacious. Great 4x4, I drive through the snow like its not even there. The Hemi has amazing power, the crew cab is the way to go."

Playing in the snow in Iowa with a buddy.

Handles/rides well. MPG's- poor local, good hwy.

By on Saturday, August 06, 2011

Pros: "Good highway mpg's, excellent interior storage."

Cons: "Poor local mpg's. Too many initial problems and recalls."

"I have owned 4 new trucks since 2001, 3 GM's and now this 2011 Ram SLT Bighorn. All have been V8, 4X4 extended cab models. The Ram has a smoother ride, a more comfortable and useful interior and handles better then those GM's. Performance-wise the Ram is not that much quicker and it gets worse mpgs and the 3 GM's I owned did not have cylinder deactivation (had an '01 w/4.8, '03 w/5.3 and '06 w/5.3 H.O.). I averaged 18.2 mpg w/all 3 GM's and 17.1 mpg with this Ram driving the same way (easy on the throttle), same roads and all 4 trucks have had similar rear gear ratio's. That might seem close but with gas pushing $4/gallon every little bit helps. The Ram has had 1 recall (rear axle) and 4 rapid responses in my 7 months of ownership. I had 1 recall (tailgate strap) in 10 years of driving the 3 GM's, so the GM's have been more reliable. I am hoping to see an end to the recalls and rapid responses and would also like to see local mpg's increase as the truck breaks in. I also notice that the 5.7's power wheelhouse is at too high an rpm, by the time the engine really starts to pull I am already at the speed limit. If I was at the track and launching at 2800 rpm this wouldn't be a concern but when I am merging onto a highway I want the power then and there, not when I am already at 65mph. As you can probably tell from the above text I am not a kid and am a function over form type of guy. I see a lot of reviews that talk about having a "Hemi" and how cool it is and rate the vehicle high for that reason alone. Not me, any truck must do all the things a truck is meant for and be reliable and that is what I based my ratings on."

Right Choice

By on Wednesday, August 03, 2011

Pros: "POWER... Ride and comfort."

"Compared and selected the Ram 1500 Laramie Quad cab from all the new Pick-ups currently on the market. Took it on a 1500 mile trip. Very comfortable, with plenty of power on demand. 19.2 MPG average for the whole trip. Very quiet and smooth on both highway and byways. Interior is great..."

310 hp

By on Saturday, May 21, 2011

"this truck has a impressive 310 hp compared to my previous 2005 slt ram with about 235 hp. towing is rated over 10,000 lbs. the 2005 was just over 6,000 lbs of towing so far i am impressed but don't like the electronic 4wd shift on the or the electronic shift up/down located on the gear shift lever. some things are better left as they were. my truck is the lt base model and is not quite as difficult to get in or out of. you dont need a step or running boards. looks like a two wheel drive from front view similar to chev 1/2 ton trucks looks."

Best vehicle I ever owned

By on Wednesday, May 11, 2011

"This is without a doubt the best vehicle I have ever owned - and I've owned a lot of them. I was so happy with the first one that I bought my wife another for Mothers day. I have the Laramie, she had the Sport. Both are loaded crew cabs. I am just very happy with the trucks and the dealer. I bought Fords for years, I like their trucks but not the dealer or the deals."

great truck.

By on Sunday, April 24, 2011

"I have owned an F150 for the last 12 years , so when it was time to buy a new truck I researched on line a lot. I like the look of the dodge and all the features that came with it , I had no trouble with my ford , but did not like the new style f 150. My wife found my new truck in la at a great price , the ride is so comfortable I would compare it to a Mercedes.the options that came with it ( the sport ) are fantastic . Whenever I park at the home improvement stores I come out to find guys looking at my truck. loads of power from the Hemi 5.7 .this truck is almost too nice for me to use for work , I am a contractor. glad I went with the dodge , I think they did a lot of work on this truck to get a bigger share of the pick up market , and I think they will."

Previous | 1 ... 16 17 18 19 | Next