• Pickup Truck Buyer's Guide
  • Kelley Blue Book Best Buys of 2015: Pickup Truck

2014 Ram 1500 Crew Cab Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $28,999 - $30,420.

10/7.8

Based on 233 Ratings for the 2011 - 2015 models.

Great truck

By on Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Pros: "Ride, looks towing ability."

Cons: "The quad cab is a little tight in the back for adu"

"I've owned this truck for two years and it has been a great vehicle. This is the second Ram I've owned. I have a 22' cuddy cabin I tow and the truck has no problems. The only reason I would get rid of this truck would be to get a brand new one."

Solid little diesel

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "Fuel economy and creature comforts."

Cons: "Oil change at the dealer $200.00 (synthetic)"

"I traded a 2013 3/4 ton cummins 4x4 in on this for the milage and the fact I don't do allot of heavy towing. The fuel and isurance saves me about $300.00-$400.00 per month. It has a super ride compared to the HD witch is to be expected. I like the auto 4x4 for rainy days, it really helps at the moment you need to get around a corner in traffic. The truck does not have a tall stance, while I think it would look better sitting higher it is easyer to enter and exit and that I do like. How many of us are actually going to take the thing mud bogging anyway? It does not have an auto idel-up like the Cummins witch is dissapointing, Low idel is not good for oil burners witch is why the cummings has that feature and in fact will idel up on it's own as it requires. The turbo winds up pretty good in most cases and the transmission usually does a good job on gear selection with the occasional hiccup when slowing and going back on the throttle quickly. I do idel allot and my current average MPG is 22 mpg at an average speed of 21 MPG. In town I average 22.5 to 24 in town and have gotten up to 31 MPG highway. My last 5 trucks were ram products that I have had good luck with so I have no need to change. Overall I am happy with the power and quality of the motor and tranny. If your new to Diesel engines it will take some getting used to, they don't rocket off the line like a gas motor but one you get used to it you'll find the true power in a motor is torque and not HP. If your comming from an oil burner already just realize it's half the average HD in size but performs very well in the half ton setup."

Best Truck Ever Made

By on Friday, January 02, 2015

Pros: "price, power, looks, comfortable"

Cons: "gas milage could be a little better"

"I love this truck. It's sleek & sexy looking. Interior is really nice & I got the mid level trim. 5.7 Hemi is fabulous! A pure pleasure to drive. Easy to park. Plenty of room for a family or 4 big guys going to the job site with the crew cab model."

Great Truck!

By on Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Pros: "Fun to Drive love it awesome truck"

Cons: "Gas miliage. Could be better but I dont mind much"

"I love this truck. I have the 4.7L V8. It has all the power I need from a truck 310hp is more than enough for a day to day work truck. The Hemi is $5k more and only has 50 more hp. If you want a good reliable truck save your money and get the 4.7L Ram over a Tundra or Hemi. I love it!!!!"

THE GREATEST TRUCK I EVER OWNED 2015 SLT BIGHORN

By on Tuesday, March 17, 2015

Pros: "ALL"

Cons: "NONE"

"THIS TRUCK RIDES SMOOTH,AND LOTS OF POWER.THE HEMI ENG. IS GREAT.HAD TWO TOYOTA TACOMA'S BEFORE THIS ONE NO MATCH FOR THE RAM.HAD A FORD F-150 ECO BOOST NO MATCH FOR THE RAM.LOVE IT HAULS MY 5000 TRAVEL TRAILER WITH EASE.GREAT LOOK AND STYLE INSIDE & OUT."

I completely enjoy this truck

By on Sunday, August 18, 2013

Pros: "Autostart with warmup adjustments"

Cons: "Tires are gone at 30000 miles"

"My job requires me to drive a lot . I am comfortable all day long. It tows my camper nice and still get about 11 mpg as long as I'm not passing everyone. With the hemi power is there when you want it. Laramie is the comfort package love it."

Best bang for the buck!

By on Thursday, August 01, 2013

Pros: "Everything about it."

Cons: "It's a semi, not a hemi."

"I own a rare 2D 4x4 4.7L with a RamBox bed and am beyond please d with it. I was fortunate enough to find a leftover 2012 model in March of '13 and got a heck of a deal on it. The rambox is a completely genius way to utilize an otherwise wasted space. I had mine equipped with a rhino liner, bed rail tie downs and trailer brakes. The short wheelbase is excellent in pulling trailers because of the turning radius. Overall, highly impressed with this model. Vinyl interior and vinyl floor make for an excellent work truck. A/C is beyond efficient and the sound system, for a stock system, is impressive."

2012 Ram 1500 is an awesome truck!

By on Friday, June 06, 2014

Pros: "Power, ride, handling, comfort, traction on 4x2"

Cons: "Stock headlights"

"No doubt this is the best driving truck - very comfortable. Plenty of power with the Hemi and I'm quite surprised I average 17 mpg in mostly city driving. This truck beats my Armada by 3-4 mpg in the same driving! The Uconnect works flawlessly and the cabin is really laid out nicely. I am extremely happy with this truck. I have the 4x2 with locking differential and it handles very good in the snow and ice. The dislikes are pretty minor - I could use more front seat head room (I'm tall at 6' 4" and the ceiling is lower than other models). I think the stock headlights are pretty dim so I replaced with CCFL's. Very happy with this truck and I would definitely buy a RAM again."

Best truck on the market, by far . . Outperformer!

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Pros: "Powerful and fast. Rides like a dream."

Cons: "This is not an economy vehicle. Averages 16 mph."

"My Ram Longhorn with the Hemi engine is simply a fine machine. It handles like a dream and has plenty of power. Easy to overtake other vehicles on the freeway and interstates in order to get on down the road. I often tow a 18 ft. trailer loaded with materials, and I cannot even feel this truck pulling it. Sharp looking, very functional interior with plenty of storage compartments. After driving Ford trucks for nearly 20 years, I decided to buy a new Ram Longhorn Edition in 2011. It was a good decision, and I have been completely satisfied. Solid truck, top quality."

Best Truck on the Market! This V-6 will surprise u

By on Saturday, January 17, 2015

Pros: "I really liked the interior, easy to maintain."

Cons: "Absolutely None"

"I own a 1999 Dodge Dakota XCab with the V-6 engine and @ 169,000, I have done nothing but normal upkeep. Oil, tires batteries etc. This V-6 dodge uses has to be one of the best ever. The inside is completely washable and easy to keep clean. The ride is superior to most trucks. I just like RAM TRUCKS whether you have a V-6 or a larger Hemi."