2012 Ram 1500 Crew Cab

Based on 280 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Not reliable

By on Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Pros: "Drives and rides excellent, good features."

Cons: "Engine"

"Purchased new - had to have it re-flashed for "program update" after it threw a Code a month later even though RAM apparently had posted a bulletin a few months prior to my purchase. The EGR sensor failed at 8K and had to wait a week for parts. It's now throwing the same code at 10K and the "re-flash" did not work. Now learned that they need to do some other type of "re-flashing" to hopefully fix the EGR problems. Truck always failed when I needed it most and was furthest away from home - not reliable whatsoever and Chrysler does not have parts readily available needed to remedy the problem. My dealership has gone out of their way to take care of me and has been nothing short of exceptional and they are the only reason I will try another RAM. I paid $40K plus and after problems - getting rid of it because I can't rely on it. Problem is the value is only at $29-$30K. Lost $10K in 4 months???? Not happy..."

A little pricey but overall a Great truck!

By on Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Pros: "Power, Comfort, Safety, Durability, and Style"

Cons: "Price"

"I've owned my truck now for 7 months, and I do everything in it. The gas isn't that bad either for a truck I average 17 mpg, but I usually get about 21 mpg on the Hwy. Yes, I have the Hemi in my truck too. The power is always there when you need it(i.e. pulling, passing, etc.). Only complaint is Price, so I suggest stick it to those sales people as hard as you can."

Sorry Ford and GM, this one is a NO BRAINER!!!!

By on Friday, October 5, 2012

Pros: "great price, fun to drive, very fuel friendly!"

"I don't know why everyone is complaining about the gas mileage? If you read the manual or even went through the truck and checked out its features, you would see that the trucks today come with an ECON system and really allows the truck to sip the gas. I can stretch a 1/4 tank of gas for a week and a half. That thing can get more than 18 mpg's, you just have to know how to drive it. Trust me I've been using this feature and it works.Again READ THE MANUAL or WATCH THE DVD THAT COMES WITH THE TRUCK!!!!!!"

great truck with some engineering flaws

By on Sunday, May 25, 2014

Pros: "great to ride and drive"

Cons: "difficult to get in and use as a "truck""

"Great truck, drives and rides great, good fuel mileage for a truck. Same problem as most new trucks, sits entirely to high off the ground. Im a fairly tall guy (6'3") and have no trouble getting in and out… the problem is that the seat will be totally worn out before the truck has 40,000 miles on it from having to slide in and out! Newer trucks are so high from the ground older people can't even get in them easily and won't buy them due to that fact. I am also a contractor and the bed being so high is a huge issue for me. Its difficult to load/ unload and almost impossible to reach over the side to retrieve anything, then I end up having to drop the tailgate and crawl into the bed to get anything that is at the front of the bed. For this reason, I am selling my Ram and will replace it with an older body style that isn't so high off the ground. My previous F-350 Super Duty did not set as high as this 1500."

Good truck

By on Wednesday, March 25, 2015

"Ive only had the Ram for about 6 weeks but so far I love it. The inside is very nice, I like the interior of rams better than all other trucks. The hemi has a pile of power, if I tromp on it I'm going 40 it'll still spin tire."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Ram 1500 Crew Cab near Honolulu. See local deals