2007 Porsche Cayman

9.5

Based on 92 Ratings for the 2006 - 2008 models.

True sports car!!

By on Monday, March 19, 2012

Pros: "Handling, sound of the engine, and technology"

Cons: "Very expensive to maintain."

"The only thing I am sorry about owning this car is I waited so long to own one. I have owned so many cars mostly BMW and I failed to test drive a Porsche. This is the best handling car I've owned including my vette and Mustang Cobra. I wake up and I can't wait to drive this car. It is so much fun and the sound of that flat head six and the way it drives like it is on a rail. AWESOME!!! If you are thinking of buying don't waste another minute you could be enjoying this car. BUY IT! The only thing I would recommend is to buy certified pre owned. I am selling my 07 Cayman and buying a Cayman S. Go for it I promise you won't be sorry!"

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"I've had it for a year. Outstanding handling and acceleration. Gets a huge amount of compliments--everyone thinks that it is a top of the line Porsche. The mid-engine design gives it great balance. With Michelin Pilot Alpin winter tires it did great in the snow and with the Pilot Sports it handles like a cup car. Can't recommend it enough as a great value in a sports car. Low maintenance--you change the oil once a year and there are no other service requirements until you hit 100,000 miles. Plenty of room to carry two sets of golf clubs and two suitcases for a vacation trip."

Best 2 seat sport coupe for the $$

By on Friday, February 01, 2013

Pros: "Value, practicality, driving experience"

Cons: "Rear or side visibility, stereo"

"I own a 2007 base w/ 17" wheels, 53,000 miles. No maintenance issues at all, base has plenty of power for everyday driving, only wish for more at a) the track, b) passing at higher speeds on 2 lane roads. Strong case for the base model - 1) more power than you'll ever need except for above 2) 17" tires give a great ride, good performance and are inexpensive to replace 3) fuel economy = to Porsche claims 3) lower investment. Handling has to be experienced to be believed, seems like amusement park ride, have pushed hard and am nowhere near limits, don't really know where they are... Either model excpetionally practical, 2 sets golf clubs in back, 2 o-night cases up front, no problem. Useful to remember that base model 100 lbs lighter than S so horsepower difference not as much as you might think. Exceptional driving and ownership experience for the $$."

My favorite car so far!

By on Monday, October 01, 2012

Pros: "Great to drive, very predictable at all speeds"

Cons: "Expensive dealer servicing"

"I've been fortunate enough to be driving sports cars since the mid 1970's. My first Porsche was purchased in 1980, and I have left the brand only once--for a 1992 Acura NSX that I drove for 8 years. All my other Porsches have been 911's, but as we looked at moving into retirement, I wanted to cut back a bit. Reading about the CaymanS I was impressed--I had learned to love mid-engine cars with the NSX for the superior road handling ability. I also really liked the styling of the CaymanS, and the three position hatchback makes it not only easy for cleaning, but also allows a very long configuration for interior storage of sports equipment. A quick test drive documented what the numbers hinted at--with the same engine as my older 996, the lighter weight and mid-engine placement of the Cayman made for quicker acceleration (not as fast as a new 911, of course) and more confident handling at speed than my 911. I get way more compliments on the CaymanS, too! But mostly I have the satisfaction of driving a very quick, comfortable, tight, everyday car with Porsche handling and reliability. Porsche is notorious for focusing on driver functionality and eschewing creature comforts. Not so here. The standard leather seats are extremely firm an confortable without the need for additional lumbar support. We added heated seats when we order from the factory--the only other option we ordered was the bi-xenon brighter headlamps to replace the standard halogens, and these are superb. You have to see the cup holders to believe them. Completely out of sight when not in use, they are extremely well positioned when you engage them. And of course, super light weight--typical Porsche engineering. There have been zero manufacturing defects on this vehicle in the 6 plus years of ownership so far. Based on earlier experiences with Porsche built vehicles, I would not be surprised if this trend continues. We intend to drive this vehicle for at least 10 years, if not longer."

Better than a Bmer

By on Friday, December 28, 2012

Pros: "Fun....to drive with great gas mileage."

Cons: "Wish it had 2 more seats."

"Where should I start? Beautiful, get a lot of looks whether it's moving or sitting still. But the best part is, it drives better than it looks. Love the way it handles, like a fighter jet but with better gas mileage. Now I know why Porsche has such great reputation for racing."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayman near Honolulu. See local deals