2014 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $137,498 - $143,339.

Invoice N/A

10/8.0

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

best SUV by far!!!

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

"This is how a sport car should feel."

Quality material & beautiful fit / finish, but...

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Reason: Electrical issues

Pros: "Interior quality"

Cons: "Lack of engine performance for the money"

"I ordered this car and waited three months. Not the performance vehicle I believed it would be. The material, fit and finish is wonderful but the vehicle went to the shop four times in less than 9 months for some serious issues and the service I received was poor! The performance of the vehicle did not live up to the name Porsche…. I sold it and went back to a Japanese car for my daily driver."

Overpriced, uncomfortable Volkswagen truck

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Decent V8 engine when new"

Cons: "A long list of migraine headaches"

"Driven this SUV for 2 years after owning several other luxury brand SUVs, I came to the conclusion that it is a waste of money even though the perception, or rather, misperception of this vehicle is excellent. The V8 engine is powerful enough, but the low-slung, backward slanted driving position takes away the important benefits of an SUV, because the driving position does not provide the raised view of the road or gives you the feeling of complete control and confidence. I know only Range Rover delivers in that department and no wonder RR is selling like a hot cake. Mechanically, it is almost as unreliable as Range Rover but twice as much to maintain or repair. I will trade it in soon for a real high ride SUV that has both high H-point 30 and H-point 5 to truly enjoy the command & control of the road. Plus the total cost of ownership will be reduced by half."

Simply, the best automobile I have ever owned.

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Handling, appearance, milage, comfort"

"I have owned and driven this car for three and a half years. The car is exceptionally quiet, even at highway speeds, and remains free of rattles or squeaks. I consistently achieve over 25 MPG, and with the 27 gallon tank often drive from Phoenix to San Diego and return without the need to purchase gas until we are back in Arizona. The seats are exceptionally comfortable, all electronics and features are easily reached and used without pulling attention from driving, and the navigation is very intuitive. The Cayenne remains stylish inside and out, and drives and handles like you would expect a Porsche to drive and handle."

Best vehicle of 41 owned!

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Best value for the money! And FAST!"

"Awesome vehicle, has had service intervals which are expensive but the handling, ride quality at 130mph more than makes up for costs associated with service. Out of 41 vehicles I have owned this is by far the most overall best package available from any manufacturer!! its like driving a 911 in a sport utility package!!"

GTS 2013 is a sporty sedan not an SUV!

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "great drive; handling and its sound is superb"

Cons: "fuel consumption, its price"

"I used to drive x5 50i for three years before getting this 2013 GTS cayenne although close performance but not at all close handling and road mastering.... I do not have pdcc but still the car can go very fast in twisty roads with remarkable stability... interior is very luxurious and the low high look is great and people in the road irrespective of their cars are looking at the GTS, moreover the sound symposer when pushing the sport button is something sexy... I really in love with it!"

Great vehicle, my favoirite so far!

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to drive."

Love that car!

"I had a 911 turbo and an Escalade before I got this Cayenne Turbo. It's like combining both into one vehicle. It's very quick and powerful, comfortable, and has decent storage capacity. The driving dynamics are excellent for an SUV (I did get all of the sport upgrades). The interior is the nicest I've ever seen (compared to BMW, Cadillac and Mercedes). Very high quality. The only downsides are the mpg, the cost of the maintenance and the short life/expense of the tires. I expected all of that so I'm not disappointed. Great ride and very useable."

Love that car!

I have the 2012 cayenne turbo with power kit

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "fun, reliable fast and stops on a dime"

Cons: "high price of options and maintenance costs"

"I have found the car to be great to drive; very comfortable on a long trip. I have obtained 24 mpg on the highway holding at 70-75 mph. Around town I get 13-17 mpg, but the real issue is to keep off the turbos, but that is why I got all the power. It does not use oil although some owners complain of it. Cost of maintenance is high; but it is a take it in 1x a year car; except for putting on snows in the winter. By the way, the standard goodyear all weather tires are horrible in the winter."

Lots of fun

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "well mad, fun to drive, versatile."

Cons: "15 mpg, limited number of dealers"

"My 2013 Cayenne GTS is 6 months old. Not a single problem. I look forward every time to start her up and drive. Has may personalities to select from. Comfort mode when you want a quiet and smooth drive. Sport Mode when you feel aggressive.And Off Road mode if you really want to. Very comfortable. Great looks. I get 15 mpg around town and low 20's on the open road. Yes, she was expensive $100K. That said, there is simply no other SUV like it. I love the vehicle."

Terrific car

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "Design and performance outstanding. Tint windows"

Cons: "V6 a little light in the front end but OK"

"Well made and design is beautiful... V6 has plenty of power. Had an S and for price difference, it is not necessary."

I love this car

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

"I love this car. It really gets up and goes, when you need it to. It is comfortable, easy to get into, classy, and looks great. It is fun to drive and fabulous. How lucky I am to be able to own the Porsche Cayenne S."

Great car

By on Sunday, August 19, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "expensive"

"I love this car. The best vehicle ever."

Love/Hate

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very fast"

Cons: "Expensive to maintain/insure"

"Awesome car to drive, very expensive to maintain/insure. Rear wheel bearing repair, $1800 Coolant system gasket replacement $2000 (location required removing engine). 4WD system requires changing all 4 tires if you pop 1 and there is more than 5k miles on them. Have replaced all 4 brake rotors twice. Uses one quart of oil ever 700 miles. More expensive to insure than 2008 Tesla Roadster and 2012 MB E63."

Disappointed

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, hauls lots of stuff"

Cons: "reliability has gone way down from previous models"

"This is my 3rd Cayenne---first V8 - 44,000 miles - the previous cars were amazing-85K and 75K miles respectively-ZERO issues..this one is a different story--in the first 30,000 miles I--had a major radiator pipe blow out necesitating a special part from the factory to be flown in (two weeks)(adhesive failure), two major water leaks around the windows, the engine knocks (or pings) constantly (car has been tuned, plugs changed, software reset)(factory rep has looked at it) and will not stop, requires 1 quart of oil every 400-450 miles (dealer has kept a log of the usage. The engine knocking happens no matter what brand of gas I use (dealer suggested a switch) - it impedes performance and engine reacts sluggish - no one seems to care----am trading the car in right before the warranty expires-NO WAY will I own this particular car without a warranty---the radiator issue alone would have cost over $5,000 according to the service rep.....too bad--I had really enjoyed the previous Cayennes I owned--not sure I'll buy another one."

I love my Cayenne S

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Peformance, comfort and gorgeous"

Cons: "Gas prices"

"It drives and feels like a Porsche. The performance, speed and control are amazing. It is a beautiful SUV that drives like a sports car."

excellent car, zero maintenance problems

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"solid, trustworthy, never had a minute's trouble with it. will definitely buy another one down the road."

Best car I ever owned.

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, comfy, gorgeous"

Cons: "Cupholder too small, mpg city not good"

"Love the car. Have it almost 5 years without a single issue. Panoramic roof is great. Drives beautifully - powerful, smooth handling, and very comfortable. Mileage is good on trips- up to 21 mpg, but not good around town with 13-15 mpg on average. But love the car!"

I love this car, it really gets up and goes

By on Friday, February 17, 2012

"I love this car, it really gets up and goes. I love the convenience of the controls on the steering wheel. It is a fabulous car."

Best vehicle I've ever had

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "handeling and power"

Cons: "price"

"This is the second time I've had a cayenne, first time I've bothered to review it. It has power, it has grace, it handles wonderfully, it looks great on inside and out, the engine looks like a work of art, and best of all it's a pleasure to drive, be it spirited, or leisurely. Only problem I have is the value. I don't understand why Porsche makes these cars ala-carte, but to their credit the are making the packages they do offer better and more prevalent. Great car if you like to drive (this is not your ordinary SUV), but if an autodimming rear view mirror is more important to you than acceleration look at the Acura or Lexus."

One of the best trucks I owned. 2011 cayenne turbo

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Fast, fun to drive and comfortable"

Cons: "For the price it should have more standard option"

"I have the 2011 Cayenne turbo and would give it 5 stars in every category if my wife's range river didn't come with so many more options for half the price, but other then IMO not equipping the Turbo model as well as they should for the price it's a fantastic vehicle."

ng.Will turn heads.

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great acceleration, looks great"

Cons: "Back seats do not recline, but do laydown"

"Overall a fantastic SUV. Extremely fun to drive. Cockpit and controls are very well arranged. Plenty of buttons so it takes awhile to figure out what everything does, but it is fairly simple to learn. Navigation is a touch screen or you can use buttons. Best navigation system 've had in a vehicle to date. Voice command works well. Bluetooth phone system also very good and easy to hear. Ipod interface and menus are fantastic. Extremely easy to scroll through playlists and songs. Sport mode is simply a pleasure to drive in. Transmission shifts well and acceleration is extremely good for an SUV. I can't imagine the turbo model. Front bucket seats are very comfortable. Rear seat comfort is good,but not great for larger people. It would help if the back seats reclined. Very adequate for 4 people or 2 adults with 2-3 children. Keyless Go is a must. Rear storage is more than adequate and good considering it is not a large size SUV such as the Chevy Tahoe. Handles ridiculously well on snow and ice with the all season tires. I've got the 20" tires and wheels. I've owned it for 1 1/2 years and have only had one maintenance issue. The dealer replaced the fuel pump under warranty even though the only time there was a noticeable problem is when the car sat idle for a few days and then upon startup. They noticed the problem at the time of service, not me. The only problem my wife has with the Cayenne is that she gets tired of people making comments about it wherever she goes LOL. The GTS model has a more aggressive grill and molding that certainly stands out from the base model."

great truck

By on Tuesday, December 20, 2011

"recommand to anyone"

I love this car

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Driving dynamics, quality, build, look and feel."

Cons: "None."

"It is phenomenal. Despite the price the value is great. Not a better driving SUV available. I'll never buy another brand of SUV (or car for that matter)."

love it

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

"Awesome truck. Expensive but surely worth it."

2008 Porsche S

By on Friday, October 28, 2011

Pros: "Speed-Control-Very Quit-looks-4x4 ability-stereo"

Cons: "I can't afford more than one."

Heading to the beach.

"I could not ask for a better SUV. This thing will do everything you ask it to. Mud-Sand-Water-Ice, The Porsche Cayenne is so smart it could almost drive it self. I have driven by really bad wrecks and always thought, I wonder if my Volvo S40 would hold up in a wreck. When I drive the Porsche Cayenne, I never think about it. I know and feel totally safe. This SUV is also really FAST!!!"

Heading to the beach.