• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $45,798 - $48,003.

Invoice N/A

10/8.0

Based on 71 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

2008 S

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"Car has been very reliable and is a lot of fun to drive. On the road it is extremely stable and the driving experience offered by Porsche comes out. Around town, it is pretty much another SUV with a little more zip off the line. I ordered the full leather interior and am glad I did. After six months it still smells like leather as opposed to the plastic smell others reported their cars having that did not have the full leather. The options menu is very a-la-carte and most are pricy for what you get. Ignoring price, it would be hard to find another suv that delivers as much overall as the Cayenne does in quality, prestige and overall fun of driving. If you are price vs. value conscious, you might consider other options,"

Overpriced, uncomfortable Volkswagen truck

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Decent V8 engine when new"

Cons: "A long list of migraine headaches"

"Driven this SUV for 2 years after owning several other luxury brand SUVs, I came to the conclusion that it is a waste of money even though the perception, or rather, misperception of this vehicle is excellent. The V8 engine is powerful enough, but the low-slung, backward slanted driving position takes away the important benefits of an SUV, because the driving position does not provide the raised view of the road or gives you the feeling of complete control and confidence. I know only Range Rover delivers in that department and no wonder RR is selling like a hot cake. Mechanically, it is almost as unreliable as Range Rover but twice as much to maintain or repair. I will trade it in soon for a real high ride SUV that has both high H-point 30 and H-point 5 to truly enjoy the command & control of the road. Plus the total cost of ownership will be reduced by half."

Best vehicle I've ever had

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "handeling and power"

Cons: "price"

"This is the second time I've had a cayenne, first time I've bothered to review it. It has power, it has grace, it handles wonderfully, it looks great on inside and out, the engine looks like a work of art, and best of all it's a pleasure to drive, be it spirited, or leisurely. Only problem I have is the value. I don't understand why Porsche makes these cars ala-carte, but to their credit the are making the packages they do offer better and more prevalent. Great car if you like to drive (this is not your ordinary SUV), but if an autodimming rear view mirror is more important to you than acceleration look at the Acura or Lexus."

Glad I bought one.

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"I've had the vehicle for about 2 months and I'm happy with my decision to purchase a Cayenne S. It runs like a "tight spring" with an incredible amount of power at your disposal. The vehicle is like a 911 with four doors. I love it!"

One of the best trucks I owned. 2011 cayenne turbo

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Fast, fun to drive and comfortable"

Cons: "For the price it should have more standard option"

"I have the 2011 Cayenne turbo and would give it 5 stars in every category if my wife's range river didn't come with so many more options for half the price, but other then IMO not equipping the Turbo model as well as they should for the price it's a fantastic vehicle."