2014 Porsche Cayenne Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $45,607 - $47,840.

Invoice N/A

10/8.0

Based on 74 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

Disappointed

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, hauls lots of stuff"

Cons: "reliability has gone way down from previous models"

"This is my 3rd Cayenne---first V8 - 44,000 miles - the previous cars were amazing-85K and 75K miles respectively-ZERO issues..this one is a different story--in the first 30,000 miles I--had a major radiator pipe blow out necesitating a special part from the factory to be flown in (two weeks)(adhesive failure), two major water leaks around the windows, the engine knocks (or pings) constantly (car has been tuned, plugs changed, software reset)(factory rep has looked at it) and will not stop, requires 1 quart of oil every 400-450 miles (dealer has kept a log of the usage. The engine knocking happens no matter what brand of gas I use (dealer suggested a switch) - it impedes performance and engine reacts sluggish - no one seems to care----am trading the car in right before the warranty expires-NO WAY will I own this particular car without a warranty---the radiator issue alone would have cost over $5,000 according to the service rep.....too bad--I had really enjoyed the previous Cayennes I owned--not sure I'll buy another one."

Best car I ever owned.

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, comfy, gorgeous"

Cons: "Cupholder too small, mpg city not good"

"Love the car. Have it almost 5 years without a single issue. Panoramic roof is great. Drives beautifully - powerful, smooth handling, and very comfortable. Mileage is good on trips- up to 21 mpg, but not good around town with 13-15 mpg on average. But love the car!"

Love/Hate

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very fast"

Cons: "Expensive to maintain/insure"

"Awesome car to drive, very expensive to maintain/insure. Rear wheel bearing repair, $1800 Coolant system gasket replacement $2000 (location required removing engine). 4WD system requires changing all 4 tires if you pop 1 and there is more than 5k miles on them. Have replaced all 4 brake rotors twice. Uses one quart of oil ever 700 miles. More expensive to insure than 2008 Tesla Roadster and 2012 MB E63."

Totally Cool

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"My Cayenne S is the coolest vehicle that I've owned. Have had an Infiniti Q45 and Caddy SRX V-8 and both were solid, head turners and comparatively fast. The Cayenne is way better than either. BMWs are everywhere, but my Porsche stands out at the traffic light or parking lot. My brother in law has a BMW x5, and he is remorseful when he rides in or drives the Cayenne. The gas mileage is not nearly as bad as I had steeled myself to expect. Mixed city & interstate driving and I get anywhere from 18 to 19.5 mph. I would buy the Cayenne again in a heartbeat."

Terrific, but not functional enough for the money

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"Beautiful car, performs well with quality materials however it feels small -- scarcely more room than a regular sedan and not really that much higher up off of the road not to mention the options are ridiculously priced. There are more functional options out there that are more economical. You buy this car for performance and prestige not functionality."

Great drive, could be better.

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"You have to drive one to believe what the reviews on this model says. After reading how good this SUV drives, I thought it was all talk. I test drove one, and bought one within days. I would recommend Porsche adding more standard options, or the ability to add more options at the dealer's service center at a later date. The SUV is supposedly built around it's options, and adding some of the most simple things can be cost prohibitive. However when the option comes on the vehicle the option's can be reasonable for such an expensive vehicle. The cayenne has responsive acceleration, turns sharply, handles high interstate speeds like a luxury car, and can stop abruptly. I felt like having perfect control at all speeds I drove. Also on the test drive the brake feels like it pulls ever so slightly when you let of the gas at a low speed. This either goes away or becomes less noticeable after the first day. The seat is very comfortable, but the upper back area feels like awkward."

I love my Cayenne S

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Peformance, comfort and gorgeous"

Cons: "Gas prices"

"It drives and feels like a Porsche. The performance, speed and control are amazing. It is a beautiful SUV that drives like a sports car."

A True Sports Utility Sports Car

By on Thursday, December 27, 2007

"Love the looks, handling, acceleration. Very hard ride....disappointed w/options for the price. I'm 5'10 and fit very comfortably in the cockpit and 2 adults fit well in the back seat. It was said best u buy this car for performance and prestige."

excellent car, zero maintenance problems

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"solid, trustworthy, never had a minute's trouble with it. will definitely buy another one down the road."

ng.Will turn heads.

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, great acceleration, looks great"

Cons: "Back seats do not recline, but do laydown"

"Overall a fantastic SUV. Extremely fun to drive. Cockpit and controls are very well arranged. Plenty of buttons so it takes awhile to figure out what everything does, but it is fairly simple to learn. Navigation is a touch screen or you can use buttons. Best navigation system 've had in a vehicle to date. Voice command works well. Bluetooth phone system also very good and easy to hear. Ipod interface and menus are fantastic. Extremely easy to scroll through playlists and songs. Sport mode is simply a pleasure to drive in. Transmission shifts well and acceleration is extremely good for an SUV. I can't imagine the turbo model. Front bucket seats are very comfortable. Rear seat comfort is good,but not great for larger people. It would help if the back seats reclined. Very adequate for 4 people or 2 adults with 2-3 children. Keyless Go is a must. Rear storage is more than adequate and good considering it is not a large size SUV such as the Chevy Tahoe. Handles ridiculously well on snow and ice with the all season tires. I've got the 20" tires and wheels. I've owned it for 1 1/2 years and have only had one maintenance issue. The dealer replaced the fuel pump under warranty even though the only time there was a noticeable problem is when the car sat idle for a few days and then upon startup. They noticed the problem at the time of service, not me. The only problem my wife has with the Cayenne is that she gets tired of people making comments about it wherever she goes LOL. The GTS model has a more aggressive grill and molding that certainly stands out from the base model."

Porsche badge and breed

By on Friday, March 27, 2009

"Recently took my 08 Cayenne in for routine service. The dealer was nice enough to give me a Caymen S to drive for the day and I quickly found out the hertiage of my SUV. The steering, brakes, and handling all have direct links to other Porsche products. I live in a very fun part of the country and my Cayenne's power delivery and performance surprise me daily. Even with 18 inch rims with Michelin HP tour tires it asks to be driven harder and faster. So if you want performance I would definitely buy this vehicle. Yes if you want off the line acceleration spend the money on the S model but if you do not mind pushing the 3.6 V-6 you will get plenty of power when requested. The interior space is large enough for four adults and a car seat with a fully loaded luggage compartment. No issues there! On a down note I have had radio issues from the start but Porsche is replacing this so we will see what happens. Warranty issues seem not to be a problem and Porsche North America has been quick to answer my questions and correct any issues that have arose. Overall Porsche is a company I would recommend and the Cayenne is just what you think. A SUV built in Germany and made to be driven!"

2008 S

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"Car has been very reliable and is a lot of fun to drive. On the road it is extremely stable and the driving experience offered by Porsche comes out. Around town, it is pretty much another SUV with a little more zip off the line. I ordered the full leather interior and am glad I did. After six months it still smells like leather as opposed to the plastic smell others reported their cars having that did not have the full leather. The options menu is very a-la-carte and most are pricy for what you get. Ignoring price, it would be hard to find another suv that delivers as much overall as the Cayenne does in quality, prestige and overall fun of driving. If you are price vs. value conscious, you might consider other options,"

Overpriced, uncomfortable Volkswagen truck

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Decent V8 engine when new"

Cons: "A long list of migraine headaches"

"Driven this SUV for 2 years after owning several other luxury brand SUVs, I came to the conclusion that it is a waste of money even though the perception, or rather, misperception of this vehicle is excellent. The V8 engine is powerful enough, but the low-slung, backward slanted driving position takes away the important benefits of an SUV, because the driving position does not provide the raised view of the road or gives you the feeling of complete control and confidence. I know only Range Rover delivers in that department and no wonder RR is selling like a hot cake. Mechanically, it is almost as unreliable as Range Rover but twice as much to maintain or repair. I will trade it in soon for a real high ride SUV that has both high H-point 30 and H-point 5 to truly enjoy the command & control of the road. Plus the total cost of ownership will be reduced by half."

Best vehicle I've ever had

By on Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Pros: "handeling and power"

Cons: "price"

"This is the second time I've had a cayenne, first time I've bothered to review it. It has power, it has grace, it handles wonderfully, it looks great on inside and out, the engine looks like a work of art, and best of all it's a pleasure to drive, be it spirited, or leisurely. Only problem I have is the value. I don't understand why Porsche makes these cars ala-carte, but to their credit the are making the packages they do offer better and more prevalent. Great car if you like to drive (this is not your ordinary SUV), but if an autodimming rear view mirror is more important to you than acceleration look at the Acura or Lexus."

Glad I bought one.

By on Monday, December 31, 2007

"I've had the vehicle for about 2 months and I'm happy with my decision to purchase a Cayenne S. It runs like a "tight spring" with an incredible amount of power at your disposal. The vehicle is like a 911 with four doors. I love it!"

One of the best trucks I owned. 2011 cayenne turbo

By on Tuesday, January 03, 2012

Pros: "Fast, fun to drive and comfortable"

Cons: "For the price it should have more standard option"

"I have the 2011 Cayenne turbo and would give it 5 stars in every category if my wife's range river didn't come with so many more options for half the price, but other then IMO not equipping the Turbo model as well as they should for the price it's a fantastic vehicle."

2nd one ...will buy another

By on Sunday, April 12, 2009

"First one had some quirks...an 05. This one does not. I will buy another in a year and I am sure it will be just as good or better. Never want to get out of it when I drive it. I looked at every crossover I possibly could but I always came back to the Cayenne. I would recommend it to anyone."

I have the 2012 cayenne turbo with power kit

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "fun, reliable fast and stops on a dime"

Cons: "high price of options and maintenance costs"

"I have found the car to be great to drive; very comfortable on a long trip. I have obtained 24 mpg on the highway holding at 70-75 mph. Around town I get 13-17 mpg, but the real issue is to keep off the turbos, but that is why I got all the power. It does not use oil although some owners complain of it. Cost of maintenance is high; but it is a take it in 1x a year car; except for putting on snows in the winter. By the way, the standard goodyear all weather tires are horrible in the winter."

I love this car

By on Thursday, November 08, 2012

"I love this car. It really gets up and goes, when you need it to. It is comfortable, easy to get into, classy, and looks great. It is fun to drive and fabulous. How lucky I am to be able to own the Porsche Cayenne S."

I love this car

By on Monday, November 21, 2011

Pros: "Driving dynamics, quality, build, look and feel."

Cons: "None."

"It is phenomenal. Despite the price the value is great. Not a better driving SUV available. I'll never buy another brand of SUV (or car for that matter)."

S2008

By on Wednesday, December 23, 2009

"Solid ride, well built vehicle, engine light loves to come on, rough idile, good milage, good design."

Quality material & beautiful fit / finish, but...

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Reason: Electrical issues

Pros: "Interior quality"

Cons: "Lack of engine performance for the money"

"I ordered this car and waited three months. Not the performance vehicle I believed it would be. The material, fit and finish is wonderful but the vehicle went to the shop four times in less than 9 months for some serious issues and the service I received was poor! The performance of the vehicle did not live up to the name Porsche…. I sold it and went back to a Japanese car for my daily driver."

By on Monday, October 04, 2010

"I love this car, sporty performance from the 385hp engine and practical too. I tow a trailer now and then with zero problems. The car eats highway miles, its one opf the smoothest drives Ive experienced. Just a great all around package."

Superb

By on Tuesday, May 11, 2010

"The current Cayenne GTS model is a superb car - it looks great and handles beautifully. Feels like a tank. I love this car - can't imagine Porsche building a better GTS version than this one."

2008 S

By on Thursday, February 04, 2010

"Great ride and looks, good value. Engine light problems even after many service calls. Other than that ok."

Previous | 1 2 3 | Next