2011 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 73 Ratings for the 2011 - 2016 models.

Disappointed

By on Monday, April 30, 2012

Pros: "Great handling, hauls lots of stuff"

Cons: "reliability has gone way down from previous models"

"This is my 3rd Cayenne---first V8 - 44,000 miles - the previous cars were amazing-85K and 75K miles respectively-ZERO issues..this one is a different story--in the first 30,000 miles I--had a major radiator pipe blow out necesitating a special part from the factory to be flown in (two weeks)(adhesive failure), two major water leaks around the windows, the engine knocks (or pings) constantly (car has been tuned, plugs changed, software reset)(factory rep has looked at it) and will not stop, requires 1 quart of oil every 400-450 miles (dealer has kept a log of the usage. The engine knocking happens no matter what brand of gas I use (dealer suggested a switch) - it impedes performance and engine reacts sluggish - no one seems to care----am trading the car in right before the warranty expires-NO WAY will I own this particular car without a warranty---the radiator issue alone would have cost over $5,000 according to the service rep.....too bad--I had really enjoyed the previous Cayennes I owned--not sure I'll buy another one."

Love/Hate

By on Saturday, August 04, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, very fast"

Cons: "Expensive to maintain/insure"

"Awesome car to drive, very expensive to maintain/insure. Rear wheel bearing repair, $1800 Coolant system gasket replacement $2000 (location required removing engine). 4WD system requires changing all 4 tires if you pop 1 and there is more than 5k miles on them. Have replaced all 4 brake rotors twice. Uses one quart of oil ever 700 miles. More expensive to insure than 2008 Tesla Roadster and 2012 MB E63."

Totally Cool

By on Tuesday, April 27, 2010

"My Cayenne S is the coolest vehicle that I've owned. Have had an Infiniti Q45 and Caddy SRX V-8 and both were solid, head turners and comparatively fast. The Cayenne is way better than either. BMWs are everywhere, but my Porsche stands out at the traffic light or parking lot. My brother in law has a BMW x5, and he is remorseful when he rides in or drives the Cayenne. The gas mileage is not nearly as bad as I had steeled myself to expect. Mixed city & interstate driving and I get anywhere from 18 to 19.5 mph. I would buy the Cayenne again in a heartbeat."

Terrific, but not functional enough for the money

By on Saturday, August 04, 2007

"Beautiful car, performs well with quality materials however it feels small -- scarcely more room than a regular sedan and not really that much higher up off of the road not to mention the options are ridiculously priced. There are more functional options out there that are more economical. You buy this car for performance and prestige not functionality."

Great drive, could be better.

By on Friday, November 16, 2007

"You have to drive one to believe what the reviews on this model says. After reading how good this SUV drives, I thought it was all talk. I test drove one, and bought one within days. I would recommend Porsche adding more standard options, or the ability to add more options at the dealer's service center at a later date. The SUV is supposedly built around it's options, and adding some of the most simple things can be cost prohibitive. However when the option comes on the vehicle the option's can be reasonable for such an expensive vehicle. The cayenne has responsive acceleration, turns sharply, handles high interstate speeds like a luxury car, and can stop abruptly. I felt like having perfect control at all speeds I drove. Also on the test drive the brake feels like it pulls ever so slightly when you let of the gas at a low speed. This either goes away or becomes less noticeable after the first day. The seat is very comfortable, but the upper back area feels like awkward."

I love my Cayenne S

By on Saturday, March 17, 2012

Pros: "Peformance, comfort and gorgeous"

Cons: "Gas prices"

"It drives and feels like a Porsche. The performance, speed and control are amazing. It is a beautiful SUV that drives like a sports car."

A True Sports Utility Sports Car

By on Thursday, December 27, 2007

"Love the looks, handling, acceleration. Very hard ride....disappointed w/options for the price. I'm 5'10 and fit very comfortably in the cockpit and 2 adults fit well in the back seat. It was said best u buy this car for performance and prestige."

excellent car, zero maintenance problems

By on Monday, February 20, 2012

"solid, trustworthy, never had a minute's trouble with it. will definitely buy another one down the road."

Best car I ever owned.

By on Saturday, February 18, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, fast, comfy, gorgeous"

Cons: "Cupholder too small, mpg city not good"

"Love the car. Have it almost 5 years without a single issue. Panoramic roof is great. Drives beautifully - powerful, smooth handling, and very comfortable. Mileage is good on trips- up to 21 mpg, but not good around town with 13-15 mpg on average. But love the car!"

Porsche badge and breed

By on Friday, March 27, 2009

"Recently took my 08 Cayenne in for routine service. The dealer was nice enough to give me a Caymen S to drive for the day and I quickly found out the hertiage of my SUV. The steering, brakes, and handling all have direct links to other Porsche products. I live in a very fun part of the country and my Cayenne's power delivery and performance surprise me daily. Even with 18 inch rims with Michelin HP tour tires it asks to be driven harder and faster. So if you want performance I would definitely buy this vehicle. Yes if you want off the line acceleration spend the money on the S model but if you do not mind pushing the 3.6 V-6 you will get plenty of power when requested. The interior space is large enough for four adults and a car seat with a fully loaded luggage compartment. No issues there! On a down note I have had radio issues from the start but Porsche is replacing this so we will see what happens. Warranty issues seem not to be a problem and Porsche North America has been quick to answer my questions and correct any issues that have arose. Overall Porsche is a company I would recommend and the Cayenne is just what you think. A SUV built in Germany and made to be driven!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals