• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2011 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 64 Ratings for the 2011 - 2014 models.

best SUV by far!!!

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

"This is how a sport car should feel."

Quality material & beautiful fit / finish, but...

By on Monday, June 23, 2014

Reason: Electrical issues

Pros: "Interior quality"

Cons: "Lack of engine performance for the money"

"I ordered this car and waited three months. Not the performance vehicle I believed it would be. The material, fit and finish is wonderful but the vehicle went to the shop four times in less than 9 months for some serious issues and the service I received was poor! The performance of the vehicle did not live up to the name Porsche…. I sold it and went back to a Japanese car for my daily driver."

Overpriced, uncomfortable Volkswagen truck

By on Monday, June 02, 2014

Pros: "Decent V8 engine when new"

Cons: "A long list of migraine headaches"

"Driven this SUV for 2 years after owning several other luxury brand SUVs, I came to the conclusion that it is a waste of money even though the perception, or rather, misperception of this vehicle is excellent. The V8 engine is powerful enough, but the low-slung, backward slanted driving position takes away the important benefits of an SUV, because the driving position does not provide the raised view of the road or gives you the feeling of complete control and confidence. I know only Range Rover delivers in that department and no wonder RR is selling like a hot cake. Mechanically, it is almost as unreliable as Range Rover but twice as much to maintain or repair. I will trade it in soon for a real high ride SUV that has both high H-point 30 and H-point 5 to truly enjoy the command & control of the road. Plus the total cost of ownership will be reduced by half."

Simply, the best automobile I have ever owned.

By on Monday, May 05, 2014

Pros: "Handling, appearance, milage, comfort"

"I have owned and driven this car for three and a half years. The car is exceptionally quiet, even at highway speeds, and remains free of rattles or squeaks. I consistently achieve over 25 MPG, and with the 27 gallon tank often drive from Phoenix to San Diego and return without the need to purchase gas until we are back in Arizona. The seats are exceptionally comfortable, all electronics and features are easily reached and used without pulling attention from driving, and the navigation is very intuitive. The Cayenne remains stylish inside and out, and drives and handles like you would expect a Porsche to drive and handle."

Best vehicle of 41 owned!

By on Thursday, February 06, 2014

Pros: "Best value for the money! And FAST!"

"Awesome vehicle, has had service intervals which are expensive but the handling, ride quality at 130mph more than makes up for costs associated with service. Out of 41 vehicles I have owned this is by far the most overall best package available from any manufacturer!! its like driving a 911 in a sport utility package!!"

GTS 2013 is a sporty sedan not an SUV!

By on Thursday, October 03, 2013

Pros: "great drive; handling and its sound is superb"

Cons: "fuel consumption, its price"

"I used to drive x5 50i for three years before getting this 2013 GTS cayenne although close performance but not at all close handling and road mastering.... I do not have pdcc but still the car can go very fast in twisty roads with remarkable stability... interior is very luxurious and the low high look is great and people in the road irrespective of their cars are looking at the GTS, moreover the sound symposer when pushing the sport button is something sexy... I really in love with it!"

Great vehicle, my favoirite so far!

By on Monday, August 05, 2013

Pros: "Very fun to drive."

Love that car!

"I had a 911 turbo and an Escalade before I got this Cayenne Turbo. It's like combining both into one vehicle. It's very quick and powerful, comfortable, and has decent storage capacity. The driving dynamics are excellent for an SUV (I did get all of the sport upgrades). The interior is the nicest I've ever seen (compared to BMW, Cadillac and Mercedes). Very high quality. The only downsides are the mpg, the cost of the maintenance and the short life/expense of the tires. I expected all of that so I'm not disappointed. Great ride and very useable."

Love that car!

I have the 2012 cayenne turbo with power kit

By on Monday, July 22, 2013

Pros: "fun, reliable fast and stops on a dime"

Cons: "high price of options and maintenance costs"

"I have found the car to be great to drive; very comfortable on a long trip. I have obtained 24 mpg on the highway holding at 70-75 mph. Around town I get 13-17 mpg, but the real issue is to keep off the turbos, but that is why I got all the power. It does not use oil although some owners complain of it. Cost of maintenance is high; but it is a take it in 1x a year car; except for putting on snows in the winter. By the way, the standard goodyear all weather tires are horrible in the winter."

Lots of fun

By on Sunday, July 14, 2013

Pros: "well mad, fun to drive, versatile."

Cons: "15 mpg, limited number of dealers"

"My 2013 Cayenne GTS is 6 months old. Not a single problem. I look forward every time to start her up and drive. Has may personalities to select from. Comfort mode when you want a quiet and smooth drive. Sport Mode when you feel aggressive.And Off Road mode if you really want to. Very comfortable. Great looks. I get 15 mpg around town and low 20's on the open road. Yes, she was expensive $100K. That said, there is simply no other SUV like it. I love the vehicle."

Terrific car

By on Friday, November 23, 2012

Pros: "Design and performance outstanding. Tint windows"

Cons: "V6 a little light in the front end but OK"

"Well made and design is beautiful... V6 has plenty of power. Had an S and for price difference, it is not necessary."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for