2010 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Moonshiners choice

By on Thursday, August 27, 2009

"I put on the last 15k of the 65k miles driven. I bought it last year just as the 4yr warranty lapsed. I feel like I can still sell it for what I bought it for. For another 10K I could have bought a new FX50 or Jeep GC SRT8 and still not get the same performance, accolades, or long term value. Only repair was replacing pencil coils for $30/cylinder which is par any vehicle. Traction control is outstanding and very appreciated in a winter city (this winter will have studded tires). Even my mom loves driving it because it's mellow and easy to drive. I say it's the moonshiners choice because it can outrun the revenuers, take rough shortcuts and while hauling some product; it is the very best all-rounder."

Not one problem in 4 Years

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, excellent in bad weather"

Cons: "None to speak of"

"I have owned this vehicle since new and not one problem in 67,000 miles! The performance is excellent and fuel economy on the highway is a very respectable 20 MPG. The only change I have made is to run Pirelli Scorpions instead of the OEM Contis. I use them year-round and they work well in the rain as well as dry. It gets up my driveway even with 1 foot of snow. The interior has worn well. A little leather treatment on the seats is all it really needs to keep looking fresh. Cargo area is good given the overall dimensions. Overall, this is an excellent vehicle - sporty, comfortable to drive very long distances (I drive 2000 miles over Thanksgiving weekend every year) and extremely reliable."

Hap[py I didn't buy that Mercedes

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "responsive, classy, attention to detail"

Cons: "chugs premium gas, at $!00 per fillup. But yo"

"When I sold my ML430 I wanted to buy a ML500. My friend got me to try the Cayenne S first. Absolutely no comparison. When it comes to response, fit, finish the Porsche stands alone."

2004 Cayenne Strong built and very reliable.

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable, Very good built quality."

Cons: "A bit slow from starting point."

"Have had my 2004 Porsche Cayenne for five years. I bought it used. I had no problems with this car, It drives like a new car. The handeling is great, acceleration is not so good, but sure has power."

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"This is a beautiful car with outstanding perfomance....But there is always something wrong with it. I have to bring it back to the dealership every few months for serious problems. In my third year they replaced the entire engine because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. You would think I was home free....not at all, the problems have continued so frequently that after 4 years I am considering getting rid of it. I'm heartbroken."

Great SUV

By on Wednesday, May 26, 2010

"I bought this certified used 2005 V-6 Cayenne in 2007. Driven by the wife of an MD (according to service records). All services done at the local Porsche dealership. I now have 56,000 miles on it and love it. Quiet on the highway. Ultra stable in sand, mud, snow, and smooth as silk with a heavy load. No squeaks, rattles, or buzzes. Not too big/not too small. Lots of room for 4 large adults on a longer trip. No real problems with anything. Goes through a set of tires every 25,000(ish) miles. Only negatives - wish I'd bought the V-8 for power as the V-6 is a bit sluggish off of the line. Hates stop-and-go traffic - has a tendency to "buck" when chugging along. At cruising speeds, no problems keeping up (or beating) the pace of traffic. I get 16mpg in city driving and 21-22mpg on the highway. Will run on cheap gas but prefers premium (same gas mileage but better performance with premium). Generally ugly appearance seems to intimidate slower drivers on the road so they get out of your way. Once out of warranty you will want to take it to a non-Porsche shop for service as Porsche charges outrageous prices for parts and labor. I will seriously consider trading this in (down the road) on the new hybrid Cayenne or on a Cayenne GTS. Would love the Cayenne Turbo but prices are rather stiff for that beast."

not your daddy's porsche

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2007

"I bought this car only after MB and BMW dealers were too busy to sell their hyped up products. With the exception of high fuel consumption (can't wait for the hybrid) this car is fantastic. Comfortable, fast, easy to drive. Great HVAC system and the NAV is completely intuitive (I learned it without reading the book). The radio comes on automatically when you select NAV function. Select audio mute to silence the radio while you are in the active NAV mode. The tailgate opens either completely or just the window - nice feature. The instrument and control layout is very different from the Touareg. I prefer the Cayenne. Cayenne is louder inside (engine sound) than the Touareg, but only under full throttle acceleration. Absolutely no unscheduled maintenance issues yet. Too bad we can't crank it up on the interstate because of our poor roads, bad drivers and antiquated traffic laws. I am very sure I will buy another one when I wear this one out."

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"2004 S model w/ 32,000 miles. Average 12 mpg/20 mpg road. Bought the 19" tires to start, then for winter I got 18" wheels so I could get the Pirelli Scorpion. Love the performance, quality, hate to put down the back seats. Gladly buy another one. Positive suggestions- auto headlights, easier back seat lowering, go on a diet/solid feeling but could loss some weight to improve performance."

Great All'Rounder

By on Thursday, August 19, 2010

"This applies to a 2006 Cayenne S Titanium Edition. Purchased as a 2 year old CPO from Porsche dealer. Great set of goodies with the Titanium package (xenon headlights, white faced gauges, two tone interior, lighting, side skirts, exhaust tips, etc.) Driving is like a tall sports car, great. Enough room to stow and transport most items, just don't use it like a second home. 18 months of ownership, so far very reliable. Great in snow, make sure you don"t have summer tires on the car though; all seasons will do. Niggles: engine temperature creeps up when sitting in traffic, but is a known flaw (plastic internal coolant pipes) that should be replaced by dealer while under warranty. Transmission should be better; no problems, but there is lag waiting for upshift or downshift, it seems confused. Have to let the car warm up a bit before it will shift out of first gear when first starting out."

Great look, but not as agile as X5

By on Thursday, August 23, 2007

"Throtle response is slow, not as agile as X5 Eats gas much more than X5, but everything else is BETTER than X5. I average 14MPG with V8 vesus 18MPG on X5"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals