2010 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 150 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

amsome love it wish for 3rd row though

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "smiles per gallen"

"best car ever,bought brand new 8 years ago wish i did not haft to give her up. my son is going to college so he needs a car instead of buying him a 115,000 2014 new cayenne just so he could wreck it like the panorama i gave to my older son then he totaled it in college so i gave him the 06 cayenne and i got the brand new 150,000 cayenne. so overall the cayenne is the suv to get its also super handling and power."

More repairs than I can remember or add up

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "The engine is a strong V8 that seems to go and go"

Cons: "Everything else except the engine"

"I bought an 04 Cayenne S new thinking I was buying a great vehicle that would last a long time with minimal maintenance. When spending $70,000 in 2004 for a car one would think it should be solid. Think again! It's not the engine, it's everything around it that goes bad. Coolant Pipes exploded (lawsuit ongoing)$1500. Fuel Pump $500 twice (same one) Drive Shaft $900 (went out at 60,000 miles) Wheel bearings $600, Rear Transfer Case while in the mountains with no cell service and 4 hours from home. Porsche in the North Carolina mountains. wants $6,000 to fix! Got it done for $1,800 back home. Rear Main Seal $900. Gear knob $500. Water Pump $1200. Hatch Strut $500 twice. That's about $15,500 repairs that I can remember!!! Easily add another couple grand on minor things I can't remember and another $3,000-$5,000 on misc maintenance. That's roughly $20,000-$25,000 to own this junk!!! Last week I had to walk away from a conversation with Porsche Service who said "Yes the drive shafts go out around 70,000 miles. That's how they're designed. If they didn't you wouldn't have bought the car because the driving experience would feel average." Wow!!! Great sales slogan. Had I been told the drive shaft is designed to fail at 70k, oh and the coolant pipes will most likely explode while driving, I can promise you I would have bought ANYTHING else and saved my money. I can't speak for models after 2006 but if you're looking to buy a used Cayenne DON"T BUY YEARS 2004-2006."

lumber wagon

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "I am totally middle of the road."

"ride-nice steering--like hearding geese paint above average repair costs unaffordable"

If the 911 had a baby ... it would be a Cayenne!

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Smiles Per Gallon!"

Cons: "NONE ... if Sports and Utility is your thing!"

"My first Porsche! I could never afford a brand new one, so I am part of that demographic that has to wait until they come down in price. I can honestly say (not because I own one) but it has been a great experience owning a 2008 Cayenne S. When people talk about cars and gas mileage, they talk about "miles per gallon" ... a Porsche owner talk about "smiles per gallon!!!' Every morning when I turn on the ignition (on the left hand side) ... this SUV roars ALIVE!!! It's a great feeling...that sound is my 'cup of coffee' in the morning! The comfort and utility of an SUV with the agility and power of a 911 carrera! Great handling around corners and enough power to pass most any car on the road. Comfort ride and a superior build quality that you can always expect from a German made vehicle! The only reason I would sell my Cayenne S ... is to upgrade to a GTS or Turbo! Which I will be doing soon!"

Plan to spend a lot of money to keep it going

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Reason: Expensive and unreliable

"OK, it is a very fun to drive SUV. This was an $85000 vehicle when it was sold. I was the third owner, but got the maintenance records from the previous owner. He spent over $15000 during the last 4years he owned it for service and repairs. I purchased an extended warranty at about 66000 miles that ultimately paid out over $10000 in just 1year. This vehicle left me stranded twice within the first 5 months I owned it. So there is definitely a problem with a vehicle that costs this much new, then requires tens of thousands of dollars to keep it going for 80000 miles. If this is quality I am not seeing it. Why can't they make it last and be a reliable vehicle for nearly the price of the average home in America? Yes it is fun to drive, but a vehicle has to be more than that! If you buy a first generation Cayenne, get a good extended warranty or plan to pay $269 per oil change, $2600 every tune up, and it will need tires every 15-20k miles ( $1300-$1600) a set plus about $300 for the alignment. The coolant pipes will burst and that will cost about $3000 plus there will be uv joint problems, and starter problems that will cost $1500-$2000 to fix each. The navigation system is useless! Still want one?"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals