• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2010 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 157 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Very fast and handles extremely well

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Handling, speed, fun to drive"

Cons: "fuel economy."

"Very fun to drive. The only problems I have had were due to normal wear and tear (i.e. light bulb burns out, headliner sagging) but nothing major, except for one. Porsche installed plastic coolant pipes on pre 2008 models. So I had to spend over $2000 to replace the plastic pipes with aluminum to avoid a breakdown. There is hope that Porsche will offer a recall/settlement for those who had to expense these outside of the normal warranty. The car is expensive to maintain as far as required services but worth it if you want it to last. The only complaint that I have is that gas mileage is bad. But you're talking about feeding a twin turbo engine. I try to drive conservative as to save fuel. Also, because of the turbos, you will occasionally have to add oil. But this is not bad. As matter of fact, a good Porsche dealer will add oil for you for free. The ride is not the smoothest on this model but I can live with it."

Not Reliable

By on Saturday, January 21, 2012

"This vehicle is by far the least reliable car that I have ever owned. Ever since I purchased it something breaks every 4-6 months. Some things small, navigation screen, some major things, the entire cooling system broke down at about 62,000 miles and cost almost $2,000 to fix. Next tires last only about 20,000 to 25,000 miles no matter which brand you get. Brakes last about as long and each one will set you back $1,000. It's a money pit. Good things, its fast, comfortable, and looks great."

The best SUV or close to it.

By on Monday, January 07, 2008

"This is an amazing SUV bar none. I tried the competition and all fall short in performance and handling, perhaps a close second is the newer BMW X5 (it's NOT a PORSCHE). The performance and handling is what separates it from the others...It feels more like a sports car than an SUV. I opted for the Titanium S fully equipped instead of the Turbo since I felt it was overkill. I would have loved the other features not offered on the S but dollar for dollar did not make sense since the extra power would not be utilized regularly in the world of 65 mph freeway speeds...There is enough power to put a smile on your face. Quality and build is typical Porsche, excellent! Overall, I highly recommend this vehicle especially if you want the best of both worlds. There are a items worth noting: It is a gas guzzler! If this is a concern then look elsewhere. Never had any use for the off road capability since it would be a shame to get it muddy and having all those rocks chip the paint. Perhaps, if they lowered the weight a tad it might be environmentally friendlier. I personally wish they made the headrests adjustable. They are uncomfortable on long drives. Lastly, Porsche needs to reposition the side mirror switch elswehere. Unless you have exceptionally long limbs you will not be able to dial in those mirrors on the first try."

Best SUV Ever

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"Bought a MY2004 Turbo in 2005. For some reason, the dealer could not sell it. Got $30K off the sticker! After 4 yrs I now have just passed 80K miles and the SUV still drives like it is brand new. The SUV is solid, and not one thing rattles on the highway doing 80MPH. The car is not much more costly to maintain than any other German performance vehicles. Rotor and pad replaced at 60K miles for $1500, Tires every 25K miles for $1000, and oil changes every 10K miles for $150. I've paid more maintaining ex-Benzes. My only complaint is the distance on the remote control for the 2004."

Love this SUV!!

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"102,000 miles with my 2004 Cayenne S and not one single issue has arisen that was not driver induced! It is responsive, fast, tight, and feels today just as it did 4.5 years ago at 12 miles. I will own this car until it dies on me or I go first! I wish it got better mileage, and that the tires for it lasted longer, but even those things cannot convince me to trade this car in!"

Not one problem in 4 Years

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, excellent in bad weather"

Cons: "None to speak of"

"I have owned this vehicle since new and not one problem in 67,000 miles! The performance is excellent and fuel economy on the highway is a very respectable 20 MPG. The only change I have made is to run Pirelli Scorpions instead of the OEM Contis. I use them year-round and they work well in the rain as well as dry. It gets up my driveway even with 1 foot of snow. The interior has worn well. A little leather treatment on the seats is all it really needs to keep looking fresh. Cargo area is good given the overall dimensions. Overall, this is an excellent vehicle - sporty, comfortable to drive very long distances (I drive 2000 miles over Thanksgiving weekend every year) and extremely reliable."

Moonshiners choice

By on Thursday, August 27, 2009

"I put on the last 15k of the 65k miles driven. I bought it last year just as the 4yr warranty lapsed. I feel like I can still sell it for what I bought it for. For another 10K I could have bought a new FX50 or Jeep GC SRT8 and still not get the same performance, accolades, or long term value. Only repair was replacing pencil coils for $30/cylinder which is par any vehicle. Traction control is outstanding and very appreciated in a winter city (this winter will have studded tires). Even my mom loves driving it because it's mellow and easy to drive. I say it's the moonshiners choice because it can outrun the revenuers, take rough shortcuts and while hauling some product; it is the very best all-rounder."

Glad that I got the CPO Warranty

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"This has been the most incredible car I've ever owned-- absolute rocket ship. I bought the 2004 Turbo at 14,000 miles, with the Certified-Pre-Owned Warranty from Porsche. I've had it for just over a year, and still love it, but I'll definitely trade it in when the warranty comes up. A ridiculous amount of knick-knacky things have gone wrong in the past year (turn signals stopped working, PSM override failed, air-suspension failed completely, power mirrors failed... I could go on for a while) and they were all fixed under the warranty at zero cost to me, but the idea of being on the hook for that much stuff going wrong isn't worth it. Make sure you get the CPO warranty and you'll be fine! Totally agree with the comment about trouble with putting the backs seats down-- they're a total pain, and when the back seats are folded down I have to keep the driver's seat further forward than I like it."

Hap[py I didn't buy that Mercedes

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "responsive, classy, attention to detail"

Cons: "chugs premium gas, at $!00 per fillup. But yo"

"When I sold my ML430 I wanted to buy a ML500. My friend got me to try the Cayenne S first. Absolutely no comparison. When it comes to response, fit, finish the Porsche stands alone."

2004 Cayenne Strong built and very reliable.

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable, Very good built quality."

Cons: "A bit slow from starting point."

"Have had my 2004 Porsche Cayenne for five years. I bought it used. I had no problems with this car, It drives like a new car. The handeling is great, acceleration is not so good, but sure has power."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals