• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 149 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

More repairs than I can remember or add up

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "The engine is a strong V8 that seems to go and go"

Cons: "Everything else except the engine"

"I bought an 04 Cayenne S new thinking I was buying a great vehicle that would last a long time with minimal maintenance. When spending $70,000 in 2004 for a car one would think it should be solid. Think again! It's not the engine, it's everything around it that goes bad. Coolant Pipes exploded (lawsuit ongoing)$1500. Fuel Pump $500 twice (same one) Drive Shaft $900 (went out at 60,000 miles) Wheel bearings $600, Rear Transfer Case while in the mountains with no cell service and 4 hours from home. Porsche in the North Carolina mountains. wants $6,000 to fix! Got it done for $1,800 back home. Rear Main Seal $900. Gear knob $500. Water Pump $1200. Hatch Strut $500 twice. That's about $15,500 repairs that I can remember!!! Easily add another couple grand on minor things I can't remember and another $3,000-$5,000 on misc maintenance. That's roughly $20,000-$25,000 to own this junk!!! Last week I had to walk away from a conversation with Porsche Service who said "Yes the drive shafts go out around 70,000 miles. That's how they're designed. If they didn't you wouldn't have bought the car because the driving experience would feel average." Wow!!! Great sales slogan. Had I been told the drive shaft is designed to fail at 70k, oh and the coolant pipes will most likely explode while driving, I can promise you I would have bought ANYTHING else and saved my money. I can't speak for models after 2006 but if you're looking to buy a used Cayenne DON"T BUY YEARS 2004-2006."

lumber wagon

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "I am totally middle of the road."

"ride-nice steering--like hearding geese paint above average repair costs unaffordable"

If the 911 had a baby ... it would be a Cayenne!

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Smiles Per Gallon!"

Cons: "NONE ... if Sports and Utility is your thing!"

"My first Porsche! I could never afford a brand new one, so I am part of that demographic that has to wait until they come down in price. I can honestly say (not because I own one) but it has been a great experience owning a 2008 Cayenne S. When people talk about cars and gas mileage, they talk about "miles per gallon" ... a Porsche owner talk about "smiles per gallon!!!' Every morning when I turn on the ignition (on the left hand side) ... this SUV roars ALIVE!!! It's a great feeling...that sound is my 'cup of coffee' in the morning! The comfort and utility of an SUV with the agility and power of a 911 carrera! Great handling around corners and enough power to pass most any car on the road. Comfort ride and a superior build quality that you can always expect from a German made vehicle! The only reason I would sell my Cayenne S ... is to upgrade to a GTS or Turbo! Which I will be doing soon!"

Plan to spend a lot of money to keep it going

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Reason: Expensive and unreliable

"OK, it is a very fun to drive SUV. This was an $85000 vehicle when it was sold. I was the third owner, but got the maintenance records from the previous owner. He spent over $15000 during the last 4years he owned it for service and repairs. I purchased an extended warranty at about 66000 miles that ultimately paid out over $10000 in just 1year. This vehicle left me stranded twice within the first 5 months I owned it. So there is definitely a problem with a vehicle that costs this much new, then requires tens of thousands of dollars to keep it going for 80000 miles. If this is quality I am not seeing it. Why can't they make it last and be a reliable vehicle for nearly the price of the average home in America? Yes it is fun to drive, but a vehicle has to be more than that! If you buy a first generation Cayenne, get a good extended warranty or plan to pay $269 per oil change, $2600 every tune up, and it will need tires every 15-20k miles ( $1300-$1600) a set plus about $300 for the alignment. The coolant pipes will burst and that will cost about $3000 plus there will be uv joint problems, and starter problems that will cost $1500-$2000 to fix each. The navigation system is useless! Still want one?"

FAST, HANDLES AWESOME, LOOKS GREAT AND RELIABLE

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Dealer is a little far from where I live"

"This is the best SUV in the planet! The turbo with PDCC is as fast as a 911. Awesome vehicle. Reliable too! My next car will be a Porsche Cayenne."

AWESOME SUV

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Reason: NEW MODEL.

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "NONE."

"I loved everything about this car. Sold it becausue I buy a new car every 4 years. Perfomance was awesome. Reliable, Looked awesome too!"

Dissapointed

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Excellent ride and handeling"

Cons: "Money pit!"

"I purchased this car 8 months ago and have put 6,000 of the 104,000 miles. I waited a long time for a porsche and I am soooooo disappointed . It goes into the shop at least every month and I am going broke owning this suv. I have put $5000 into in 8 months. 1) headlights go off and on 2) o ring on injector blown $800 3) battery $400 4) coils $800 5) rear latch $200 6) both fuel filters and serpentine belt $1700. Now the breaks need replaced at the tune of $1400. I had no idea European cars fell apart at 100,000 miles. Trading it in and taking a loss. But learned a valuable lesson."

THE BEST SUV IN THE MARKET

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "As fun as a 911...and I have owned a few."

Cons: "Pricey but you get what you pay for. The BEST!"

"The Cayenne TURBO is completely different from a regular Cayenne. The interior is ALL leather....all..even on the doors and dashboard. The headliner is alcantera and the wood accents are real wood. As far as performance it is the best performing SUV in the planet. Love it love it love it. With PDCC it carves turns like on rails. No body roll. Brakes are bigger than other models and they preform perfectly. Turn off the PSM (for those that can handle a 500+ HP vehicle without the computer reducing the power at wheels so you dont lose control) and you will feel the HP under the hood and on the pavement. Furthermore turn SPORT mode on and this car turns into a beast. It is an engineering miracle for an SUV to handle and accelerate the way a 911 Carrera 4S of the same year does. I have had only maintenance to worry about since I have owned it. Oil changes last 6 months and no major surprises came up in 4 years. Brakes, tires, fluids, wipers, and the usual maintenance components only. My next vehicle will be a Porsche Cayenne!"

car like new nothing wrong fully loaded titanium

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "very fun to drive"

"never wrecked garaged since new new tires and brakes have been very happy with the car black with back and grey interior"

2005 Cayenne Turbo - There is NO Substitute!!

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Fast, Nimble and a Great Looking SUV"

Cons: "Very Low MPG... 13 mpg in the burbs.. ;-("

"I bought this SUV (2005 Cayenne Turbo) when it was four years old with 45K miles and it now has 72K miles after 4 1/2 years owning it. Spectacular SUV to own.. Faassast, nimble and definitely a Porsche... You WILL get noticed in this vehicle.. I have a triple black with 20" TechArt Wheels.. Very reliable (knock on wood ;-).. have only replaced the basics and like all Premium brands, the maintenance can get pretty pricey - but we all know that going in right? Only drawback is mileage.. I live in the Chicago burbs and I barely get 13 MPG of mostly suburban driving. Overall I highly recommend this SUV.. buy one!!!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals