• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2008 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 147 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

If the 911 had a baby ... it would be a Cayenne!

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Smiles Per Gallon!"

Cons: "NONE ... if Sports and Utility is your thing!"

"My first Porsche! I could never afford a brand new one, so I am part of that demographic that has to wait until they come down in price. I can honestly say (not because I own one) but it has been a great experience owning a 2008 Cayenne S. When people talk about cars and gas mileage, they talk about "miles per gallon" ... a Porsche owner talk about "smiles per gallon!!!' Every morning when I turn on the ignition (on the left hand side) ... this SUV roars ALIVE!!! It's a great feeling...that sound is my 'cup of coffee' in the morning! The comfort and utility of an SUV with the agility and power of a 911 carrera! Great handling around corners and enough power to pass most any car on the road. Comfort ride and a superior build quality that you can always expect from a German made vehicle! The only reason I would sell my Cayenne S ... is to upgrade to a GTS or Turbo! Which I will be doing soon!"

Plan to spend a lot of money to keep it going

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Reason: Expensive and unreliable

"OK, it is a very fun to drive SUV. This was an $85000 vehicle when it was sold. I was the third owner, but got the maintenance records from the previous owner. He spent over $15000 during the last 4years he owned it for service and repairs. I purchased an extended warranty at about 66000 miles that ultimately paid out over $10000 in just 1year. This vehicle left me stranded twice within the first 5 months I owned it. So there is definitely a problem with a vehicle that costs this much new, then requires tens of thousands of dollars to keep it going for 80000 miles. If this is quality I am not seeing it. Why can't they make it last and be a reliable vehicle for nearly the price of the average home in America? Yes it is fun to drive, but a vehicle has to be more than that! If you buy a first generation Cayenne, get a good extended warranty or plan to pay $269 per oil change, $2600 every tune up, and it will need tires every 15-20k miles ( $1300-$1600) a set plus about $300 for the alignment. The coolant pipes will burst and that will cost about $3000 plus there will be uv joint problems, and starter problems that will cost $1500-$2000 to fix each. The navigation system is useless! Still want one?"

FAST, HANDLES AWESOME, LOOKS GREAT AND RELIABLE

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Dealer is a little far from where I live"

"This is the best SUV in the planet! The turbo with PDCC is as fast as a 911. Awesome vehicle. Reliable too! My next car will be a Porsche Cayenne."

AWESOME SUV

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Reason: NEW MODEL.

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "NONE."

"I loved everything about this car. Sold it becausue I buy a new car every 4 years. Perfomance was awesome. Reliable, Looked awesome too!"

Dissapointed

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Excellent ride and handeling"

Cons: "Money pit!"

"I purchased this car 8 months ago and have put 6,000 of the 104,000 miles. I waited a long time for a porsche and I am soooooo disappointed . It goes into the shop at least every month and I am going broke owning this suv. I have put $5000 into in 8 months. 1) headlights go off and on 2) o ring on injector blown $800 3) battery $400 4) coils $800 5) rear latch $200 6) both fuel filters and serpentine belt $1700. Now the breaks need replaced at the tune of $1400. I had no idea European cars fell apart at 100,000 miles. Trading it in and taking a loss. But learned a valuable lesson."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals