• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2006 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 157 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Moonshiners choice

By on Thursday, August 27, 2009

"I put on the last 15k of the 65k miles driven. I bought it last year just as the 4yr warranty lapsed. I feel like I can still sell it for what I bought it for. For another 10K I could have bought a new FX50 or Jeep GC SRT8 and still not get the same performance, accolades, or long term value. Only repair was replacing pencil coils for $30/cylinder which is par any vehicle. Traction control is outstanding and very appreciated in a winter city (this winter will have studded tires). Even my mom loves driving it because it's mellow and easy to drive. I say it's the moonshiners choice because it can outrun the revenuers, take rough shortcuts and while hauling some product; it is the very best all-rounder."

Glad that I got the CPO Warranty

By on Friday, October 12, 2007

"This has been the most incredible car I've ever owned-- absolute rocket ship. I bought the 2004 Turbo at 14,000 miles, with the Certified-Pre-Owned Warranty from Porsche. I've had it for just over a year, and still love it, but I'll definitely trade it in when the warranty comes up. A ridiculous amount of knick-knacky things have gone wrong in the past year (turn signals stopped working, PSM override failed, air-suspension failed completely, power mirrors failed... I could go on for a while) and they were all fixed under the warranty at zero cost to me, but the idea of being on the hook for that much stuff going wrong isn't worth it. Make sure you get the CPO warranty and you'll be fine! Totally agree with the comment about trouble with putting the backs seats down-- they're a total pain, and when the back seats are folded down I have to keep the driver's seat further forward than I like it."

Hap[py I didn't buy that Mercedes

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "responsive, classy, attention to detail"

Cons: "chugs premium gas, at $!00 per fillup. But yo"

"When I sold my ML430 I wanted to buy a ML500. My friend got me to try the Cayenne S first. Absolutely no comparison. When it comes to response, fit, finish the Porsche stands alone."

2004 Cayenne Strong built and very reliable.

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable, Very good built quality."

Cons: "A bit slow from starting point."

"Have had my 2004 Porsche Cayenne for five years. I bought it used. I had no problems with this car, It drives like a new car. The handeling is great, acceleration is not so good, but sure has power."

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"This is a beautiful car with outstanding perfomance....But there is always something wrong with it. I have to bring it back to the dealership every few months for serious problems. In my third year they replaced the entire engine because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. You would think I was home free....not at all, the problems have continued so frequently that after 4 years I am considering getting rid of it. I'm heartbroken."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals