• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2005 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 157 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Great car

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Very long lasting, comfortable attractive great ca"

Cons: "some repairs can be more pricey than with other ca"

"I've had this car for almost 7 years and it has been an awesome car. No real problems ever. It has 183k miles and still runs like a dream"

Great SUV, powerful and fun.

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Solid German quality, fun to drive."

Cons: "Gets 14 MPG on Premium fuel."

"I've had my Cayenne S for about six months and in that time I've driven it about 4000 miles. For peace of mind I did the required 80,000 mile service soon after I purchased it. The service was done at the local Porsche dealer. It was recommended that I replace the coolant pipes and I did so. The plastic pipes on first generation Cayennes are a known problem and are replaced with proper metal ones, and torqued properly! Other than that the headliner was replaced as it was sagging from 9 years in the Florida heat. Now I have a reliable fun vehicle which I love. No issues though admittedly my wallet is $4000.00 lighter."

Great deal for the dollars

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "Look, interior finish, fun, price, reliability,"

"I was looking for a fun, stylish but every day commute car. The Cayenne has always car I was looking at and I finally decided to go for one. I was a bit concerned about maintenance costs and reliability of a +80kmiles car, but gave it a try. I drive the 2006 Cayenne S Titanium edition and love it. It's been a year an a half and I never have any problems. The car is amazing, has a real luxury style and even with 8 years the car still looks sharp and sounds great. For someone who wants to own a Porsche and don't want to spend +80KUSD on a new one, the used ones are a very good deal. You don't need to maintain it with Porsche, but may find a local Porsche certified mechanics and he will take care of your ride for 50% less"

Fantastic driving car with never quit engine

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

"This car has been a pleasure to own and drive..I can't get rid of it as I am too attached to it"

fun, enticing, rewarding, safe with utlity

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Porsche - all I can say"

Cons: "make sure you can afford new tires and brakes 20K"

"Love it, have had P cars since 2001 - this is my 3rd cayenne, I had a 04 CS, a 06 CTT and later a 09 CS. Loved each one, only got better with time, 2009 has a fantastic Nav, bluetooth and phone system in it. 2008 + have better MPG, better looks, better acceleration and better reliability. These cars love tires and brakes, other than that the car is solid. I did purchase a extended warranty and I am glad I did. had a few repairs and it was all covered by warranty. try buying it from a private party to save on taxes, fees and ensure the service is up to date."

Love the look and feel!

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive"

"The main issue is cost of major repairs which on two occasions over ten years have cost $1,500 each. The car drives very well... feels like a sport car! It looks awesome and often gets me compliments from complete strangers"

Awesome SUV!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Extremely fast and fun to drive!"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage & expensive to service and repair"

"If you are going to purchase a Cayenne, I can only suggest you get a Turbo. Even if you do not want to pay new car prices, find one that is a dealer lease return with some factory warranty still intact. I would also advise getting an extended warranty. Mine has paid for itself...Nothing major as far as repairs, but the parts can be costly."

amsome love it wish for 3rd row though

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "smiles per gallen"

"best car ever,bought brand new 8 years ago wish i did not haft to give her up. my son is going to college so he needs a car instead of buying him a 115,000 2014 new cayenne just so he could wreck it like the panorama i gave to my older son then he totaled it in college so i gave him the 06 cayenne and i got the brand new 150,000 cayenne. so overall the cayenne is the suv to get its also super handling and power."

More repairs than I can remember or add up

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "The engine is a strong V8 that seems to go and go"

Cons: "Everything else except the engine"

"I bought an 04 Cayenne S new thinking I was buying a great vehicle that would last a long time with minimal maintenance. When spending $70,000 in 2004 for a car one would think it should be solid. Think again! It's not the engine, it's everything around it that goes bad. Coolant Pipes exploded (lawsuit ongoing)$1500. Fuel Pump $500 twice (same one) Drive Shaft $900 (went out at 60,000 miles) Wheel bearings $600, Rear Transfer Case while in the mountains with no cell service and 4 hours from home. Porsche in the North Carolina mountains. wants $6,000 to fix! Got it done for $1,800 back home. Rear Main Seal $900. Gear knob $500. Water Pump $1200. Hatch Strut $500 twice. That's about $15,500 repairs that I can remember!!! Easily add another couple grand on minor things I can't remember and another $3,000-$5,000 on misc maintenance. That's roughly $20,000-$25,000 to own this junk!!! Last week I had to walk away from a conversation with Porsche Service who said "Yes the drive shafts go out around 70,000 miles. That's how they're designed. If they didn't you wouldn't have bought the car because the driving experience would feel average." Wow!!! Great sales slogan. Had I been told the drive shaft is designed to fail at 70k, oh and the coolant pipes will most likely explode while driving, I can promise you I would have bought ANYTHING else and saved my money. I can't speak for models after 2006 but if you're looking to buy a used Cayenne DON"T BUY YEARS 2004-2006."

lumber wagon

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "I am totally middle of the road."

"ride-nice steering--like hearding geese paint above average repair costs unaffordable"

If the 911 had a baby ... it would be a Cayenne!

By on Sunday, June 29, 2014

Pros: "Smiles Per Gallon!"

Cons: "NONE ... if Sports and Utility is your thing!"

"My first Porsche! I could never afford a brand new one, so I am part of that demographic that has to wait until they come down in price. I can honestly say (not because I own one) but it has been a great experience owning a 2008 Cayenne S. When people talk about cars and gas mileage, they talk about "miles per gallon" ... a Porsche owner talk about "smiles per gallon!!!' Every morning when I turn on the ignition (on the left hand side) ... this SUV roars ALIVE!!! It's a great feeling...that sound is my 'cup of coffee' in the morning! The comfort and utility of an SUV with the agility and power of a 911 carrera! Great handling around corners and enough power to pass most any car on the road. Comfort ride and a superior build quality that you can always expect from a German made vehicle! The only reason I would sell my Cayenne S ... is to upgrade to a GTS or Turbo! Which I will be doing soon!"

Plan to spend a lot of money to keep it going

By on Thursday, May 29, 2014

Reason: Expensive and unreliable

"OK, it is a very fun to drive SUV. This was an $85000 vehicle when it was sold. I was the third owner, but got the maintenance records from the previous owner. He spent over $15000 during the last 4years he owned it for service and repairs. I purchased an extended warranty at about 66000 miles that ultimately paid out over $10000 in just 1year. This vehicle left me stranded twice within the first 5 months I owned it. So there is definitely a problem with a vehicle that costs this much new, then requires tens of thousands of dollars to keep it going for 80000 miles. If this is quality I am not seeing it. Why can't they make it last and be a reliable vehicle for nearly the price of the average home in America? Yes it is fun to drive, but a vehicle has to be more than that! If you buy a first generation Cayenne, get a good extended warranty or plan to pay $269 per oil change, $2600 every tune up, and it will need tires every 15-20k miles ( $1300-$1600) a set plus about $300 for the alignment. The coolant pipes will burst and that will cost about $3000 plus there will be uv joint problems, and starter problems that will cost $1500-$2000 to fix each. The navigation system is useless! Still want one?"

FAST, HANDLES AWESOME, LOOKS GREAT AND RELIABLE

By on Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Dealer is a little far from where I live"

"This is the best SUV in the planet! The turbo with PDCC is as fast as a 911. Awesome vehicle. Reliable too! My next car will be a Porsche Cayenne."

AWESOME SUV

By on Sunday, April 06, 2014

Reason: NEW MODEL.

Pros: "Fun to drive."

Cons: "NONE."

"I loved everything about this car. Sold it becausue I buy a new car every 4 years. Perfomance was awesome. Reliable, Looked awesome too!"

Dissapointed

By on Friday, April 04, 2014

Pros: "Excellent ride and handeling"

Cons: "Money pit!"

"I purchased this car 8 months ago and have put 6,000 of the 104,000 miles. I waited a long time for a porsche and I am soooooo disappointed . It goes into the shop at least every month and I am going broke owning this suv. I have put $5000 into in 8 months. 1) headlights go off and on 2) o ring on injector blown $800 3) battery $400 4) coils $800 5) rear latch $200 6) both fuel filters and serpentine belt $1700. Now the breaks need replaced at the tune of $1400. I had no idea European cars fell apart at 100,000 miles. Trading it in and taking a loss. But learned a valuable lesson."

THE BEST SUV IN THE MARKET

By on Thursday, March 13, 2014

Pros: "As fun as a 911...and I have owned a few."

Cons: "Pricey but you get what you pay for. The BEST!"

"The Cayenne TURBO is completely different from a regular Cayenne. The interior is ALL leather....all..even on the doors and dashboard. The headliner is alcantera and the wood accents are real wood. As far as performance it is the best performing SUV in the planet. Love it love it love it. With PDCC it carves turns like on rails. No body roll. Brakes are bigger than other models and they preform perfectly. Turn off the PSM (for those that can handle a 500+ HP vehicle without the computer reducing the power at wheels so you dont lose control) and you will feel the HP under the hood and on the pavement. Furthermore turn SPORT mode on and this car turns into a beast. It is an engineering miracle for an SUV to handle and accelerate the way a 911 Carrera 4S of the same year does. I have had only maintenance to worry about since I have owned it. Oil changes last 6 months and no major surprises came up in 4 years. Brakes, tires, fluids, wipers, and the usual maintenance components only. My next vehicle will be a Porsche Cayenne!"

car like new nothing wrong fully loaded titanium

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

Pros: "very fun to drive"

"never wrecked garaged since new new tires and brakes have been very happy with the car black with back and grey interior"

2005 Cayenne Turbo - There is NO Substitute!!

By on Friday, February 21, 2014

Pros: "Fast, Nimble and a Great Looking SUV"

Cons: "Very Low MPG... 13 mpg in the burbs.. ;-("

"I bought this SUV (2005 Cayenne Turbo) when it was four years old with 45K miles and it now has 72K miles after 4 1/2 years owning it. Spectacular SUV to own.. Faassast, nimble and definitely a Porsche... You WILL get noticed in this vehicle.. I have a triple black with 20" TechArt Wheels.. Very reliable (knock on wood ;-).. have only replaced the basics and like all Premium brands, the maintenance can get pretty pricey - but we all know that going in right? Only drawback is mileage.. I live in the Chicago burbs and I barely get 13 MPG of mostly suburban driving. Overall I highly recommend this SUV.. buy one!!!"

Life is Simply Too Short to Drive Uninspiring SUVs

By on Monday, February 03, 2014

Pros: "Too FUN to drive; a sight to behold"

Cons: "Eats gas, tires and brakes(what can you expect?)"

"Every time I get behind the wheel of my 2005 Porsche Cayenne S....it's a revelation. I never get sick and tired of driving this "truck" that behaves like a true sportscar. Porsche are literally MASTERS of every sensory aspect of driving; the throaty, V8 exhaust growl, the ride-on-rails cornering, the ability to confidently plow through four inches of snow at 75+mph, able to scale a 25% dirt grade effortlessly, etc. I could go on and on about this vehicle's superlative features...but that would SPOIL IT for you. I waited nearly a decade, for prices to come down to my affordability level. I finally found a low-mileage one for the price of a new entry-level KIA. Was it worth the wait? Absolutely. One LAST piece of advice - AVOID the lure of turbo boost and air suspension. Trust me, they cost a fortune to fix and they do go bad. Otherwise, this SUV BLOWS the doors off any other SUV ever currently made."

Absulutely love it!

By on Sunday, December 29, 2013

Pros: "Great power, Great value, Nice mix of on-off road."

Cons: "Lack of backseat leg room."

"This is my second Cayenne and first Turbo model and they have been great cars for me! If you know how to work on it your self the maintenance isn't too expensive, however I'd try to stay away from the stealership. So far reliability hasn't been anything other than your normal scheduled maintenance, and it doesn't use or leak anything. I've absolutely loved my Cayenne and I plan on upgrading to the newer one whenever this one decides to call it quits (Which could be a while there is a video on the internet of one with 350k on it!)"

Longest kept car

By on Thursday, December 26, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, and not SUV like or truck like."

Cons: "Loves new shoes/tires."

"I have had this car for 10 years, and I'm happiest while driving it. Over 10 years the car let me down once, and only after replacing fuel pumps around a thousand miles ago. The person doing the work (not Porsche) did not put a clip to hold hose in place so it popped off. Other than that it has been very reliable. What us my major gripe if I had to come up with one? She loves new shoes (tires) about every 12k miles. But, that's my girl. What am I replacing her with? A newer Cayenne I believe. Still looking"

LOTS of fun, great ride, awesome looks

By on Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Pros: "Fun To Drive Looks Great Rides Great"

Cons: "Eats gas, not cheap in anyway"

"The S model is very fun to drive with proper tires it is very much at home in corners with very lite body roll unlike most other SUV's. The engine has a great sound and comes to life around 3500 and pulls strong. The gas mileage is poor in the city 14mpg on the HWY its 18.5 so its not a gas saver and it requires AT least mid-grade to run properly. The interior of the car is comfortable with decent leg room upfront. The controls for the radio and the HUD require the manual & a PHD. But over all the ride is fairly smooth the seats hold you well and the stereo system is top notch. Parts for the car are easy enough to find but not cheap and almost everything has to be done by Porsche or someone that has the tools to do so. A oil change even at do it your self prices will still cost over $100 dollars (9 quarts of 0-40w). But if your looking for a fun car to drive and one that will turn heads this is the car for you, just plan for the maintenance."

Unbeleivable Power and amazing cruiser

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

"I bought my Cayenne Turbo (04) in Feb this year (13) with 150k on the clock after selling my 05 Range Rover (which had constant issues with electrics). Ive ran the car to 171k and it's not skipped a beat! yes its a little dated now but EVERYTHING still works, ALL electrics, NAV and Air struts. ive cruised 6k miles in this in the last 4 weeks for work without issue. my only complaint is the lack of a spare wheel in favour of a Bose subwoofer. in july i had a snapped serpentine belt (wear and tear, so no complaint), yes servicing is expensive but if your frugal you can shop around and find a specialist to do this cheap ( the gentleman who sold me my car works as a mechanic for porsche and has a continued to look after this vehicle) in my ownership ive done 3 oil changes using mobile one fully synthetic (a must!!) and had to top up a quart of oil every 5k miles. stay on top of the services and oil changes and this car wants nothing !!! yes its a gas guzzler if u drive it that way, but it is just as refined as a range rover with super car power and speed with amazing high speed handling from an SUV !!! I will be buying another, mine will be coming up for sale soon !!! dont let high miles put you off, just make sure it sounds and drives smooth and the turbo kicks in without blowing smoke out the back, unbeleiveable vehicle."

By far the best all around vehicle in the world

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "amazing design, performance and flexibility"

Cons: "I can't afford the newer model."

"I''ve owned this car for just over a year, bought it second hand. My summary says it all. Is it expensive? Of course, you get what you pay for. Is the maintenance expensive? Yes, but less than other luxury brands. Does it eat gas? Yes, it's a 500 up twin turbo 4.8 ltr engine that goes from not to sixty in under 5 seconds. That's faster than most sports cars. If other people are going to down grade the car for being what it is and what you knew it was then don't buy it because it's not for you. Buy a Preus or Leaf. If you want the thrill of a life time every day that you drive your vehicle then this is the car you're looking for. Easily 10 out of 10 and nothing else compares."

great vehicle like new after 9+ years and 125,000

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "sports car with room for dog and golf clubs"

Cons: "factory should step up re. cooling pipes"

"I have enjoyed this vehicle since purchasing it new in 2003. Reliable, great handling, great tow vehicle and great on long trips. Still as tight and powerful as the day I bought it, 125,000 miles ago. I have used it to pull my trailer with GT3 to race tracks as far as Canada, strong up mountains. It is like the trailer is not even there. Great in snow with the correct wheel and tire set up. Handles great. While teaching high performance driving for the Porsche Club, I have passed Porsche 911's on race tracks with this Cayenne Turbo with 3 students on board!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals