• Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2005 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 157 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Great car

By on Sunday, December 14, 2014

Pros: "Very long lasting, comfortable attractive great ca"

Cons: "some repairs can be more pricey than with other ca"

"I've had this car for almost 7 years and it has been an awesome car. No real problems ever. It has 183k miles and still runs like a dream"

Great SUV, powerful and fun.

By on Monday, December 08, 2014

Pros: "Solid German quality, fun to drive."

Cons: "Gets 14 MPG on Premium fuel."

"I've had my Cayenne S for about six months and in that time I've driven it about 4000 miles. For peace of mind I did the required 80,000 mile service soon after I purchased it. The service was done at the local Porsche dealer. It was recommended that I replace the coolant pipes and I did so. The plastic pipes on first generation Cayennes are a known problem and are replaced with proper metal ones, and torqued properly! Other than that the headliner was replaced as it was sagging from 9 years in the Florida heat. Now I have a reliable fun vehicle which I love. No issues though admittedly my wallet is $4000.00 lighter."

Great deal for the dollars

By on Friday, November 28, 2014

Pros: "Look, interior finish, fun, price, reliability,"

"I was looking for a fun, stylish but every day commute car. The Cayenne has always car I was looking at and I finally decided to go for one. I was a bit concerned about maintenance costs and reliability of a +80kmiles car, but gave it a try. I drive the 2006 Cayenne S Titanium edition and love it. It's been a year an a half and I never have any problems. The car is amazing, has a real luxury style and even with 8 years the car still looks sharp and sounds great. For someone who wants to own a Porsche and don't want to spend +80KUSD on a new one, the used ones are a very good deal. You don't need to maintain it with Porsche, but may find a local Porsche certified mechanics and he will take care of your ride for 50% less"

Fantastic driving car with never quit engine

By on Monday, November 24, 2014

"This car has been a pleasure to own and drive..I can't get rid of it as I am too attached to it"

fun, enticing, rewarding, safe with utlity

By on Thursday, October 23, 2014

Pros: "Porsche - all I can say"

Cons: "make sure you can afford new tires and brakes 20K"

"Love it, have had P cars since 2001 - this is my 3rd cayenne, I had a 04 CS, a 06 CTT and later a 09 CS. Loved each one, only got better with time, 2009 has a fantastic Nav, bluetooth and phone system in it. 2008 + have better MPG, better looks, better acceleration and better reliability. These cars love tires and brakes, other than that the car is solid. I did purchase a extended warranty and I am glad I did. had a few repairs and it was all covered by warranty. try buying it from a private party to save on taxes, fees and ensure the service is up to date."

Love the look and feel!

By on Monday, October 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Expensive"

"The main issue is cost of major repairs which on two occasions over ten years have cost $1,500 each. The car drives very well... feels like a sport car! It looks awesome and often gets me compliments from complete strangers"

Awesome SUV!

By on Tuesday, September 02, 2014

Pros: "Extremely fast and fun to drive!"

Cons: "Poor gas mileage & expensive to service and repair"

"If you are going to purchase a Cayenne, I can only suggest you get a Turbo. Even if you do not want to pay new car prices, find one that is a dealer lease return with some factory warranty still intact. I would also advise getting an extended warranty. Mine has paid for itself...Nothing major as far as repairs, but the parts can be costly."

amsome love it wish for 3rd row though

By on Monday, August 18, 2014

Pros: "smiles per gallen"

"best car ever,bought brand new 8 years ago wish i did not haft to give her up. my son is going to college so he needs a car instead of buying him a 115,000 2014 new cayenne just so he could wreck it like the panorama i gave to my older son then he totaled it in college so i gave him the 06 cayenne and i got the brand new 150,000 cayenne. so overall the cayenne is the suv to get its also super handling and power."

More repairs than I can remember or add up

By on Sunday, August 17, 2014

Pros: "The engine is a strong V8 that seems to go and go"

Cons: "Everything else except the engine"

"I bought an 04 Cayenne S new thinking I was buying a great vehicle that would last a long time with minimal maintenance. When spending $70,000 in 2004 for a car one would think it should be solid. Think again! It's not the engine, it's everything around it that goes bad. Coolant Pipes exploded (lawsuit ongoing)$1500. Fuel Pump $500 twice (same one) Drive Shaft $900 (went out at 60,000 miles) Wheel bearings $600, Rear Transfer Case while in the mountains with no cell service and 4 hours from home. Porsche in the North Carolina mountains. wants $6,000 to fix! Got it done for $1,800 back home. Rear Main Seal $900. Gear knob $500. Water Pump $1200. Hatch Strut $500 twice. That's about $15,500 repairs that I can remember!!! Easily add another couple grand on minor things I can't remember and another $3,000-$5,000 on misc maintenance. That's roughly $20,000-$25,000 to own this junk!!! Last week I had to walk away from a conversation with Porsche Service who said "Yes the drive shafts go out around 70,000 miles. That's how they're designed. If they didn't you wouldn't have bought the car because the driving experience would feel average." Wow!!! Great sales slogan. Had I been told the drive shaft is designed to fail at 70k, oh and the coolant pipes will most likely explode while driving, I can promise you I would have bought ANYTHING else and saved my money. I can't speak for models after 2006 but if you're looking to buy a used Cayenne DON"T BUY YEARS 2004-2006."

lumber wagon

By on Thursday, August 14, 2014

Pros: "I am totally middle of the road."

"ride-nice steering--like hearding geese paint above average repair costs unaffordable"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals