• 2014 Small Luxury Sport Sedans

2004 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 144 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

By far the best all around vehicle in the world

By on Monday, August 26, 2013

Pros: "amazing design, performance and flexibility"

Cons: "I can't afford the newer model."

"I''ve owned this car for just over a year, bought it second hand. My summary says it all. Is it expensive? Of course, you get what you pay for. Is the maintenance expensive? Yes, but less than other luxury brands. Does it eat gas? Yes, it's a 500 up twin turbo 4.8 ltr engine that goes from not to sixty in under 5 seconds. That's faster than most sports cars. If other people are going to down grade the car for being what it is and what you knew it was then don't buy it because it's not for you. Buy a Preus or Leaf. If you want the thrill of a life time every day that you drive your vehicle then this is the car you're looking for. Easily 10 out of 10 and nothing else compares."

great vehicle like new after 9+ years and 125,000

By on Saturday, March 23, 2013

Pros: "sports car with room for dog and golf clubs"

Cons: "factory should step up re. cooling pipes"

"I have enjoyed this vehicle since purchasing it new in 2003. Reliable, great handling, great tow vehicle and great on long trips. Still as tight and powerful as the day I bought it, 125,000 miles ago. I have used it to pull my trailer with GT3 to race tracks as far as Canada, strong up mountains. It is like the trailer is not even there. Great in snow with the correct wheel and tire set up. Handles great. While teaching high performance driving for the Porsche Club, I have passed Porsche 911's on race tracks with this Cayenne Turbo with 3 students on board!"

Very fast and handles extremely well

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Handling, speed, fun to drive"

Cons: "fuel economy."

"Very fun to drive. The only problems I have had were due to normal wear and tear (i.e. light bulb burns out, headliner sagging) but nothing major, except for one. Porsche installed plastic coolant pipes on pre 2008 models. So I had to spend over $2000 to replace the plastic pipes with aluminum to avoid a breakdown. There is hope that Porsche will offer a recall/settlement for those who had to expense these outside of the normal warranty. The car is expensive to maintain as far as required services but worth it if you want it to last. The only complaint that I have is that gas mileage is bad. But you're talking about feeding a twin turbo engine. I try to drive conservative as to save fuel. Also, because of the turbos, you will occasionally have to add oil. But this is not bad. As matter of fact, a good Porsche dealer will add oil for you for free. The ride is not the smoothest on this model but I can live with it."

Great performance. Definitely an expensive pony

By on Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pros: "Handles excellent, responsive, versatile, elegant"

Cons: "Software, electrical hiccups and $$$ maintenance"

"Feeding and care is a considerable added expense above and beyond your purchase. However, this is a wonderful car overall, handles extremely well and typically has only minor issues that bring me into the dealer (mostly electrical, software or fuel flow systems.). The majority of the time, repairs are warranty but regular maintenance and gasoline is a consideration for those who are thinking about buying a Cayenne but are on a tighter budget. This is my second Cayenne. I like them and give up a bit to have this car."

I have the Transsiberia and wouldn't change it!

By on Wednesday, September 05, 2012

Pros: "Most versatile vehicle I have owned"

Cons: "None!"

""Amazing machine. Excellent power, capacity, very luxurious interior with alcantara leather, Bose surround sound, amazing off road vehicle as well as on ashphalt. Looks classy going to a show or an evening out and a beast when going hunting in the country.""

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals