2004 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Very fast and handles extremely well

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Handling, speed, fun to drive"

Cons: "fuel economy."

"Very fun to drive. The only problems I have had were due to normal wear and tear (i.e. light bulb burns out, headliner sagging) but nothing major, except for one. Porsche installed plastic coolant pipes on pre 2008 models. So I had to spend over $2000 to replace the plastic pipes with aluminum to avoid a breakdown. There is hope that Porsche will offer a recall/settlement for those who had to expense these outside of the normal warranty. The car is expensive to maintain as far as required services but worth it if you want it to last. The only complaint that I have is that gas mileage is bad. But you're talking about feeding a twin turbo engine. I try to drive conservative as to save fuel. Also, because of the turbos, you will occasionally have to add oil. But this is not bad. As matter of fact, a good Porsche dealer will add oil for you for free. The ride is not the smoothest on this model but I can live with it."

Best SUV Ever

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"Bought a MY2004 Turbo in 2005. For some reason, the dealer could not sell it. Got $30K off the sticker! After 4 yrs I now have just passed 80K miles and the SUV still drives like it is brand new. The SUV is solid, and not one thing rattles on the highway doing 80MPH. The car is not much more costly to maintain than any other German performance vehicles. Rotor and pad replaced at 60K miles for $1500, Tires every 25K miles for $1000, and oil changes every 10K miles for $150. I've paid more maintaining ex-Benzes. My only complaint is the distance on the remote control for the 2004."

Not one problem in 4 Years

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, excellent in bad weather"

Cons: "None to speak of"

"I have owned this vehicle since new and not one problem in 67,000 miles! The performance is excellent and fuel economy on the highway is a very respectable 20 MPG. The only change I have made is to run Pirelli Scorpions instead of the OEM Contis. I use them year-round and they work well in the rain as well as dry. It gets up my driveway even with 1 foot of snow. The interior has worn well. A little leather treatment on the seats is all it really needs to keep looking fresh. Cargo area is good given the overall dimensions. Overall, this is an excellent vehicle - sporty, comfortable to drive very long distances (I drive 2000 miles over Thanksgiving weekend every year) and extremely reliable."

Moonshiners choice

By on Thursday, August 27, 2009

"I put on the last 15k of the 65k miles driven. I bought it last year just as the 4yr warranty lapsed. I feel like I can still sell it for what I bought it for. For another 10K I could have bought a new FX50 or Jeep GC SRT8 and still not get the same performance, accolades, or long term value. Only repair was replacing pencil coils for $30/cylinder which is par any vehicle. Traction control is outstanding and very appreciated in a winter city (this winter will have studded tires). Even my mom loves driving it because it's mellow and easy to drive. I say it's the moonshiners choice because it can outrun the revenuers, take rough shortcuts and while hauling some product; it is the very best all-rounder."

Hap[py I didn't buy that Mercedes

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "responsive, classy, attention to detail"

Cons: "chugs premium gas, at $!00 per fillup. But yo"

"When I sold my ML430 I wanted to buy a ML500. My friend got me to try the Cayenne S first. Absolutely no comparison. When it comes to response, fit, finish the Porsche stands alone."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals