2003 Porsche Cayenne

Based on 158 Ratings for the 2003 - 2010 models.

Very fast and handles extremely well

By on Tuesday, December 04, 2012

Pros: "Handling, speed, fun to drive"

Cons: "fuel economy."

"Very fun to drive. The only problems I have had were due to normal wear and tear (i.e. light bulb burns out, headliner sagging) but nothing major, except for one. Porsche installed plastic coolant pipes on pre 2008 models. So I had to spend over $2000 to replace the plastic pipes with aluminum to avoid a breakdown. There is hope that Porsche will offer a recall/settlement for those who had to expense these outside of the normal warranty. The car is expensive to maintain as far as required services but worth it if you want it to last. The only complaint that I have is that gas mileage is bad. But you're talking about feeding a twin turbo engine. I try to drive conservative as to save fuel. Also, because of the turbos, you will occasionally have to add oil. But this is not bad. As matter of fact, a good Porsche dealer will add oil for you for free. The ride is not the smoothest on this model but I can live with it."

Best SUV Ever

By on Friday, May 29, 2009

"Bought a MY2004 Turbo in 2005. For some reason, the dealer could not sell it. Got $30K off the sticker! After 4 yrs I now have just passed 80K miles and the SUV still drives like it is brand new. The SUV is solid, and not one thing rattles on the highway doing 80MPH. The car is not much more costly to maintain than any other German performance vehicles. Rotor and pad replaced at 60K miles for $1500, Tires every 25K miles for $1000, and oil changes every 10K miles for $150. I've paid more maintaining ex-Benzes. My only complaint is the distance on the remote control for the 2004."

Not one problem in 4 Years

By on Sunday, January 01, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, reliable, excellent in bad weather"

Cons: "None to speak of"

"I have owned this vehicle since new and not one problem in 67,000 miles! The performance is excellent and fuel economy on the highway is a very respectable 20 MPG. The only change I have made is to run Pirelli Scorpions instead of the OEM Contis. I use them year-round and they work well in the rain as well as dry. It gets up my driveway even with 1 foot of snow. The interior has worn well. A little leather treatment on the seats is all it really needs to keep looking fresh. Cargo area is good given the overall dimensions. Overall, this is an excellent vehicle - sporty, comfortable to drive very long distances (I drive 2000 miles over Thanksgiving weekend every year) and extremely reliable."

Moonshiners choice

By on Thursday, August 27, 2009

"I put on the last 15k of the 65k miles driven. I bought it last year just as the 4yr warranty lapsed. I feel like I can still sell it for what I bought it for. For another 10K I could have bought a new FX50 or Jeep GC SRT8 and still not get the same performance, accolades, or long term value. Only repair was replacing pencil coils for $30/cylinder which is par any vehicle. Traction control is outstanding and very appreciated in a winter city (this winter will have studded tires). Even my mom loves driving it because it's mellow and easy to drive. I say it's the moonshiners choice because it can outrun the revenuers, take rough shortcuts and while hauling some product; it is the very best all-rounder."

Hap[py I didn't buy that Mercedes

By on Sunday, March 25, 2012

Pros: "responsive, classy, attention to detail"

Cons: "chugs premium gas, at $!00 per fillup. But yo"

"When I sold my ML430 I wanted to buy a ML500. My friend got me to try the Cayenne S first. Absolutely no comparison. When it comes to response, fit, finish the Porsche stands alone."

2004 Cayenne Strong built and very reliable.

By on Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pros: "Very reliable, Very good built quality."

Cons: "A bit slow from starting point."

"Have had my 2004 Porsche Cayenne for five years. I bought it used. I had no problems with this car, It drives like a new car. The handeling is great, acceleration is not so good, but sure has power."

By on Friday, September 07, 2007

"This is a beautiful car with outstanding perfomance....But there is always something wrong with it. I have to bring it back to the dealership every few months for serious problems. In my third year they replaced the entire engine because they couldn't figure out what was wrong with it. You would think I was home free....not at all, the problems have continued so frequently that after 4 years I am considering getting rid of it. I'm heartbroken."

Unbeleivable Power and amazing cruiser

By on Wednesday, November 06, 2013

"I bought my Cayenne Turbo (04) in Feb this year (13) with 150k on the clock after selling my 05 Range Rover (which had constant issues with electrics). Ive ran the car to 171k and it's not skipped a beat! yes its a little dated now but EVERYTHING still works, ALL electrics, NAV and Air struts. ive cruised 6k miles in this in the last 4 weeks for work without issue. my only complaint is the lack of a spare wheel in favour of a Bose subwoofer. in july i had a snapped serpentine belt (wear and tear, so no complaint), yes servicing is expensive but if your frugal you can shop around and find a specialist to do this cheap ( the gentleman who sold me my car works as a mechanic for porsche and has a continued to look after this vehicle) in my ownership ive done 3 oil changes using mobile one fully synthetic (a must!!) and had to top up a quart of oil every 5k miles. stay on top of the services and oil changes and this car wants nothing !!! yes its a gas guzzler if u drive it that way, but it is just as refined as a range rover with super car power and speed with amazing high speed handling from an SUV !!! I will be buying another, mine will be coming up for sale soon !!! dont let high miles put you off, just make sure it sounds and drives smooth and the turbo kicks in without blowing smoke out the back, unbeleiveable vehicle."

not your daddy's porsche

By on Tuesday, December 25, 2007

"I bought this car only after MB and BMW dealers were too busy to sell their hyped up products. With the exception of high fuel consumption (can't wait for the hybrid) this car is fantastic. Comfortable, fast, easy to drive. Great HVAC system and the NAV is completely intuitive (I learned it without reading the book). The radio comes on automatically when you select NAV function. Select audio mute to silence the radio while you are in the active NAV mode. The tailgate opens either completely or just the window - nice feature. The instrument and control layout is very different from the Touareg. I prefer the Cayenne. Cayenne is louder inside (engine sound) than the Touareg, but only under full throttle acceleration. Absolutely no unscheduled maintenance issues yet. Too bad we can't crank it up on the interstate because of our poor roads, bad drivers and antiquated traffic laws. I am very sure I will buy another one when I wear this one out."

By on Wednesday, September 19, 2007

"2004 S model w/ 32,000 miles. Average 12 mpg/20 mpg road. Bought the 19" tires to start, then for winter I got 18" wheels so I could get the Pirelli Scorpion. Love the performance, quality, hate to put down the back seats. Gladly buy another one. Positive suggestions- auto headlights, easier back seat lowering, go on a diet/solid feeling but could loss some weight to improve performance."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Cayenne near Honolulu. See local deals