• 2014 Small Luxury Sedan Buyer's Guide

2014 Porsche Boxster Consumer Reviews

The Fair Market Range for this car in your area is $57,649 - $60,110.

Invoice N/A

10/8.1

9.6

Based on 10 Ratings for the 2013 - 2014 models.

9.9/10
    9.9/10
    9.7/10
Per Page:  5 | 10

This car is outstanding!

By on Monday, April 28, 2014

Pros: "Priced within reason for what you get."

"I've previously owned a new 2001 and a 2006 with great experience from both. The newly designed 2013, which I've owned for one year is an improvement on the previous two that I've owned. In addition to improved performance, the exterior and interior design changes truly make a big difference. My car is a six speed manual with a number of options but not the "S". None of my previously owned Boxsters were the "S" model either, which works for me price wise with a wonderful driving experience."

Great handling, acceleration, and braking

By on Monday, April 21, 2014

Cons: "price of options"

"2013 Boxster S is my first Porsche. Great handling, acceleration, and braking. Turns heads everywhere. Driving this machine a evokes a visceral response. Great engine growl. PDK transmission is silky smooth."

First Porsche - love it

By on Friday, April 18, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Turns many heads."

"Super driving car. Very comfortable - once one climbs in. Love all the electronics, and the rapid-action top."

Excellent Top Down Sports Car!

By on Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Pros: "With this 981 platform, you don't need to buy911"

Cons: "doesn't get posted gas mileage, listed citympg=fwy"

"I've owned a 71 914, 74 911, 03 Boxster S. Although this is a regular 2013 Boxster, it is better than my past Porsches, in many more ways!"

Keeps getting better

By on Thursday, January 02, 2014

Pros: "Handling, acceleration, new interior, styling"

Cons: "More muted exhaust note, notchy manual, cupholders"

"I traded in an '07 Boxster for the '13 and overall its a much improved car. While I liked the styling of the 987, the 981 looks incredible and the interior is much improved (I always felt the 987 interior looked cheap; i.e. the plastic used to mimic aluminum was a poor imitation). Overall feels much more upmarket while retaining the same great handling and providing even better acceleration. I even like the new electric parking brake which I find much more practical! It is worth highlighting a couple of elements I haven't liked as much: - Exhaust note. My favorite part of the 987. In the 981 its more muted at low RPMs; have to rev it to get the same note. In retrospect I wish I'd gone for the sport exhaust - Manual. The previous generation had the smoothest shifter I'd ever experienced. The new one is great, but notchier. - Cupholders. As bad as advertised. Not sure why they didn't address this in the new model. It would be nice to be able to occasionally hold a can or bottle without it spilling on your passenger! Get one and you won't regret it!"

Mid-Engine Wonder

By on Monday, April 29, 2013

Pros: "Superb handling, intoxicating engine noise"

"This is a sports car enthusiast dream! The handling is superb in any mode, but if you have the dynamic suspensions and Sport Plus; you get the benefit of transforming an excellent sport car in a beast at the touch of a button!"

excellent fun car

By on Friday, April 26, 2013

Pros: "driving, fun, looks"

Cons: "price of options"

"great handling and driving dynamics"

Simply the Best

By on Sunday, April 07, 2013

Pros: "Performance, it's a full-blooded Porsche"

Cons: "Can be expensive with upgrades"

"2013 Boxster is my first Porsche and I have no regrets. I was so excited to get this car that I ordered it in the fall of 2012. I use it as a daily commuter car, and have been happy with the gas mileage (about 29 MPG). The instruments are intuitive. It is also very comfortable on road trips. I did not appreciate the performance until I attended Porsche Driving School and realized how incredible it really is. The 2 trunks provides plenty of storage, and I love the fact that the roof can be raised in a matter of second while going as fast as 34 MPH. I highly recommend 3 upgrades: 1) full leather interior is a wonderful luxury to the cockpit; 2) bi-zenon lights is a must (I drive a winding country road) to illuminate; and 3) multi-purpose steering wheel to control the computer, radio, and phone. I thought I wanted the manual transmission, but hubby talked me into the PDK. The dual gear box switches gears so much faster than any human can. PDK makes driving in traffic easier or the giddy-up for the highway. The Boxster is no longer a Porsche starter car. It is an equal to its 911 big brother."

Excellent fun to drive car

By on Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "No place to hang or store a hat. Pricey"

"Traded in a 2006 Boxster for 2013. Car is a completely different animal. Much faster, tighter and more fun to drive. It is very comfortable. I drove the car from New York to Florida and had no road fatigue or back discomfort. Living in Florida, the top is hardly ever up, but when those quick rains come, 9 seconds to put the top down on the fly is nice. The car is a real head turner. Only 3 negatives. The 2006 had a solid plexiglass windscreen which filtered out noise so well that you could talk on a bluetooth going 80 mph without the other person hearing wind noise. The 2013 boxster has a mesh windscreen which is extremely noisy and cold at night. 2nd negative is the slide to move the seat forward had the hook facing upward so you could hang a hat on it. The 2013 has the hook going down so there is no place to put a hat. 3rd negative. They removed the storage cabinet behind the driver. I would highly recommend the car. In my opinion the straight boxster is plenty fast so the "S" for $10k extra is not needed. If you get the car enjoy it. It is an everyday driver for me. I have a six speed and the clutch is light and the throw is short and tight. You will love this car."

The best

By on Monday, October 15, 2012

Pros: "Trilled by the entire package"

"I traded a 2010 Boxster for a 2013 Boxster base. THe new car is superior in every way. The ride has improved immensely and the body structure is unbelievably solid. I live on North Michigan Ave in Chicago and drive in a lot of heavy traffic and the stop start function is incredible. The other feature of the PDK which is incredible is that it coasts on the highway when you back off your speed. the engine reves go to 1200 rpm and when you accelerate the car engine react instantaneously. The sport position on the transmission quicken acceleration response. Every little detail has been improved, e.i quality of the turning lever, the cup holders, interior design and quality. and last but not least the handling has been measurably improved. the car is a sublime driving experience!"

Per Page:  5 | 10