2012 Porsche Boxster

9.6

Based on 74 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.7/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next

most reliable car ever

By on Thursday, March 27, 2014

"reliable and very well built"

This car is amazing, i love the way it handles

By on Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Pros: "Power, cornering, overall comfort and control."

Cons: "Gas mileage and its shreds tires..."

"Acceleration is tremendous and it eats up turns like nothing i have ever driven. Great build quality and engineering. They think of everything at Porsche. Simply stated, There is no substitute"

This is a dream car for me.

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Very quick, handles amazing, topless in seconds."

Cons: "Be prepared to pay high for small maintenance."

"If you are not interested in having kids, are young and in a good career, or just something for the weekend, I recommend the Boxster S. This car has power in all gears and speeds, handles very smooth. Ride is a little rough, that just being a sports suspension. If you like flashy, people notice it, however, I feel like I tend to babysit it quite a bit. As in parking it closer, or finding places away from most traffic or other people parking. For a sports car it is not to expensive as far as maintenance, but it will run you much more than your average cars out there. This is my daily driver and am very happy with it. I hope this helps others who are looking to buy a Porsche Boxster S."

Great appearance,reliable,wow factor even after

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Great drive head turner,dependable"

Cons: "Extras and parts are expensive"

"45000 miles,still turns heads,handles better than any car I've owned,and it stays out of the shop! Great buy!"

Best Car I've owned to date!

By on Sunday, February 23, 2014

Pros: "A+ handling, exotic,open top,aggressive,responsive"

Cons: "Race seats can get a bit uncomfy on long rides"

"Best handling, most enjoyable car I have ever owned. The car is an absolute blast to drive with the top down!"

Great driving dynamics. Could use more power.

By on Thursday, February 13, 2014

Pros: "Fun to drive. Open air options. Retains value."

Cons: "Lacks sufficient power. Cost of maintenance."

"I've owned a 2006 base boxster for two years. It has been a great car with no mechanical issues. Extremely fun to drive, but lacks power. Wish I would have bought the Boxster S. My intention is to upgrade to a 981S in the future, either a Cayman or Boxster. Recommend buying used, as the new ones with options are extremely expensive."

First Porsche

By on Thursday, November 28, 2013

Pros: "Sharp, crisp and has the roar of a race car"

Cons: "radio sound is poor......"

"And may be my last.....I love this car......it turns heads......its fun to drive......has ample storage for a two seater. Pure fun"

Great roadster.

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Practical daily driver."

Cons: "Poor interior finishes and materials. Low MPG."

"After almost 7 years with this car it is still a wonder to drive. The great handling and balance of this mid-engine convertible are remarkable. Power and accelleration are more than adequate. It is surprisingly comfortable for long trips and local errands, and it has excellent cargo capacity in front and rear trunks. Reliability has been excellent, with some warranty covered convertible top problems as the only service issue. My only real disappointment is the gas mileage of 22-23 MPG in mixed driving. I plan on keeping it another 20 years."

great sports car

By on Saturday, August 10, 2013

Pros: "fun to drive, great track car"

Cons: "cant really think of any"

"this is my 4th 2 seater I had 2 RX-7s, Z-3 and now the boxster s and by far the best car. I put a fabspeed exhaust in it and now its even better. I drive it in DE events all the time now and its so much fun. ppl say it eats up rear tires fast but that's because everyone drives it hard because its so much fun to drive. Mine has PDK which I love, I can downshift on the turn at the track and fly right out."

My Best Porsche Yet !

By on Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Pros: "Fun to Drive !"

Cons: "The top is annoying to put on and take off !"

"This car is a perfect 10 in looks and performance !"

The perfect adult escape

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Engine/exhaust note, interior comfort, quickness"

Cons: "wimpy cup holders.."

"Despite a screw rattling around in the passenger vent and a top motor malfunction this car is like nothing else. It corners beyond this middle aged man in crisis' ability to break it responsibly from the pavement. Its strong acceleration from midline to redline is thrilling and braking is equally as compliant. Road manners are excellent and comfort exceeds expectations. With a little responsibility it even shatters EPA numbers despite the 19" Carerra wheels and tires (about 1400 a set online). This car is a rush from the time you put the key in the left handed ignition. I could hardly imagine what the S version would be like. In this price segment, if you can find one used in adult driven condition - JUMP at it. You will never have a single regret!"

S Model is the Best Roadster!

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Very fun to drive"

"We tested the 911s, Cayman, Z4, and Elise and came away with a Boxster S black on black. The jump in hp with the S is noticable and needed. If we could, we would drop in the 911 S engine. With that engine mounted mid-engine in the Boxster the car would be awesome. As it is, the car handles very well in its design envelope and can be driven comfortably as a daily driver. The 911 is rear biased, but has good power - no. The Cayman is closed up - no. The Z4 is front engined - no. The Elise handles well at the track but is not well sorted with a huge blind spot - no. The Boxster could handle a bigger engine but Porsche will never put as powerful of an engine as any 911 engine into this car. 911 owners would cry foul! Overall the Boxster S has everything we were looking for - a droptop, decent power, very good handling, and a classic design. The Bose stereo is very nice at full volume but you will want to turn it off when you get on the throttle as the boxster engine makes a very nice growl wide open. Mileage is ok at 19 combined. Oh, and get the short shift kit on the 6 speed manual for sweet snappy shifts in the power band. At the track you will definitely want more power, but most times you will be driving on city streets so for that, the S has power a plenty. If you really want and need therapy, this car for what it is, will no doubt make you one very, very happy patient... ;-)"

Exceptionally well balanced

By on Friday, June 15, 2012

Pros: "Great value in a great sports car! :>"

Cons: "No dealers in Arkansas. :("

"The S version of the now venerable Boxster is the one to own. Our previous 2004 base Boxster was okay, but the S is several steps above it in power and handling, so if you're in the market for a Boxster, spend the extra money on an S. The interior of the Boxster is IMHO not up to par with the Porsche image of quality and the surfaces wear prematurely if care isn't taken to treat them gently. Otherwise, the car is pretty much "bullet proof" reliable as long as scheduled services are done. If you own a Porsche, you should have the funds to keep up on maintenance. That having been said, the scheduled maintenance intervals are verity well spaced, so while the bills can be large, they don't come often. If considering a pre-owned Porsche, get it inspected before buying, and have the technician check the intermediate main bearing seal on any model prior to 2009. Failure of this bearing will require engine overhaul/replacement. MY 2009 on is not a problem, as this potential problem was addressed by Porsche. Get two keys with the car. Replacement keys are very costly ($500 ) and require coding by a Porsche dealer at the dealership. Avoid black exterior color. It looks good for 5 minutes after it's cleaned, and then it shows scratches and dirt plainly, and it gets HOT in the summer. Finally, if you do buy a Porsche of any model, join the Porsche Club of America. Lots of benefits, plenty of activities, a wealth of information, and it will add tremendously to your enjoyment of owning one of these cars."

Therapy on wheels.

By on Friday, March 30, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, Comfortable, Turns Heads!"

Cons: "Dealer Service Costs"

"I have owned this car as my 1st Porsche- and overall I am thoroughly amazed. I have the "S" model, and with the additional power and slighly sharper tuning it is the most enjoyable car you can buy for the money. Even my wife loves to drive it as much as she can- it brings a smile to your face every time. The quality and reliability has been top-notch, though the yeary service visits are quite expensive, and some of the features like cruise control are not the most intuitive. Those are my only complaints. This will not be my last Porsche."

great handling, great to look at, fun to drive

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive"

Cons: "squeaks"

"Great car: however not worth the price: does not hold its value as well as i thought it would. Expensive to purchase, but when trading in most dealers do not come close to blue book value"

Total blast to drive

By on Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive, storage is surprisingly ample."

Cons: "Sticker price is high"

"Great fit and finish, power and design."

Disappointing!

By on Saturday, February 11, 2012

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Workmanship, ergonomics pricey to fix"

"I bought this car new, and have had this car four years. At 50,000 miles wear and tear are catching up with poor design and workmanship: radio goes out all the time, floor mats won't stay in place, cup holders break, seat leather is breaking down. I had a 1999 Mitsubishi Eclipse GS-T before this, and that car held up better. While the car was on warranty, I didn't mind so much taking it in 2 or 3 times a year when things randomly broke. But 2 years I bought a Honda Element, and the overall quality of ergonomic design and materials is so superior to that of the Porsche -- and nothing ever breaks down. Getting the Porsche fixed is expensive, too, especially since the only thing the dealers will do is replace parts; they can't fix anything. I will definitely not buy a Porsche again."

Awesome...Shame it EATS rear tyres

By on Saturday, November 26, 2011

Pros: "Goes round corners quicker than electric"

Cons: "V bad tyre wear due to the agressive porsche set u"

"A really fun car to drive..brilliant"

Great car to drive

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

"Even my wife drives it with the convertible manual to automatic transmission. Corners like a race car"

Great car i would recommend this to anyone!

By on Monday, November 14, 2011

Pros: "Very Fun to drive"

"This car is great to drive! the way it corners, and brakes. it is truly a great peice of enginering! I have takin her across many roadtrips and is always fun to put the top down and fly past people. the S version has an amazing sound, i dont know about the non S but i would think its sound isnt to bad either."

Good power, brakes and balence. Good fuel mileage

By on Tuesday, November 01, 2011

Pros: "Golf clubs fit in rear trunk, great engine sound"

Cons: "Feeds on rear tires."

"This is my 3rd Boxster, and I used to race Formula Fords. The handling is as close to a race car as you will find on the street and still enjoy driving it."

Have to drive to appreciate

By on Thursday, July 21, 2011

Pros: "Great handling"

Cons: "Small radio station buttons."

"This car has it all if you want a true sports car experience. The mid-engine results in great hold in curves. The braking is unsurpassed (as rated in Consumer Reports). The only thing I don't like about it are the small buttons for stations on the radio. The Bose sound system is great."

2008 Boxster RS60 Spyder

By on Saturday, July 09, 2011

Pros: "Extremely good handling and performance, solid build quality and materials, fun to drive."

Cons: "Expensive."

"In my opinion, with exception of the GT3, the Boxster is the best car Porsche makes. The engine is in the middle, so its driving dynamics are impeccable. Also, there is a purity to the Boxster that older Porsches possess, but the 996 and 997 Carreras may have lost, with all their complicated systems and rear suspension set-ups employed to tame their rear engine configuration/bias. The Boxster is light, honest, fast, gorgeous and absolutely wails when you give it the spurs (especially in RS60 trim) - just like a Porsche should. And its a convertible. The best convertible. (More structurally robust than a 997 Carrera Cabriolet, due to its shorter wheelbase.) It features great build quality (at least the 987 (2005 onward) model cars do) and has been problem free in my experience. I give this review on the Boxster while also owning two 911 Carreras and a Mercedes and having owned BMWs (even M cars), other Mercedes, supercharged Jaguars, etc. Boxsters really are great cars, coming from someone who has been around a few cars."

Awesome

By on Saturday, April 16, 2011

"This is my second Boxster S. I originally purchased a 2004 Boxster S. The 25 extra horses and chassis improvements are noticeable. Dual trunks make the car practical for everyday driving. You'll generate frequent looks and compliments from colleagues and passersby. The only negative is not offering an iPod connection; dealer-installed aftermarket only that provides audio engine feedback during high revs. Be prepared for expensive servicing. A simple oil change will run $500. It's like living in NYC. Once you've done it, nothing else is quite the same. And the sound of that engine......"

Best car ever

By on Thursday, March 10, 2011

"This car has been nothing short of perfect. Mechanically immaculate, great performance, great gas mileage, and SO much fun to drive!"

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Previous | 1 2 3 | Next
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Boxster near Honolulu. See local deals