2012 Porsche Boxster

9.5

Based on 86 Ratings for the 2005 - 2012 models.

9.7/10
    9.8/10

S Model is the Best Roadster!

By on Monday, November 26, 2012

Pros: "Very fun to drive"

"We tested the 911s, Cayman, Z4, and Elise and came away with a Boxster S black on black. The jump in hp with the S is noticable and needed. If we could, we would drop in the 911 S engine. With that engine mounted mid-engine in the Boxster the car would be awesome. As it is, the car handles very well in its design envelope and can be driven comfortably as a daily driver. The 911 is rear biased, but has good power - no. The Cayman is closed up - no. The Z4 is front engined - no. The Elise handles well at the track but is not well sorted with a huge blind spot - no. The Boxster could handle a bigger engine but Porsche will never put as powerful of an engine as any 911 engine into this car. 911 owners would cry foul! Overall the Boxster S has everything we were looking for - a droptop, decent power, very good handling, and a classic design. The Bose stereo is very nice at full volume but you will want to turn it off when you get on the throttle as the boxster engine makes a very nice growl wide open. Mileage is ok at 19 combined. Oh, and get the short shift kit on the 6 speed manual for sweet snappy shifts in the power band. At the track you will definitely want more power, but most times you will be driving on city streets so for that, the S has power a plenty. If you really want and need therapy, this car for what it is, will no doubt make you one very, very happy patient... ;-)"

A Practical Porsche...The Perfect Porsche

By on Friday, November 05, 2010

"Pros: Supercar Worthy Handling, Supercar Worthy Brakes, Porsche Flat Six Exhaust Note, Very Solid Gearbox and Clutch, Two Usable Trunks, Good Mileage for the Performance, Porsche Build Quality, Top Down Motoring, Nearly Flawless Ergonomics, A traction control system that when defeated, doesn't ruin the party. It will step in at the last moment however, and keep your ham-fisted self from spinning completely. Cons: No factory I-Pod connection ($500 aftermarket). Even with more sedate driving, tires don't last very long (15,000 miles on Continental Sport Contact 2's). Unless you've owned a Porsche before, feeling like a chump for the first few days of ownership when you automatically try to insert the key into the right side of the steering column (It's to the left of the steering column, on the dash, in classic Porsche racing tradition). The low ground clearance coupled with a longish front overhang, requires slow negotiation at entrances to driveways. Suck it up! It's all totally worth it! General Comments: I wanted the best, daily driver roadster that $40,000 or so could buy and for me, this is it. The two trunks provide enough space for a couple to pack not all that lightly for a week long road trip. 30 mpg on the highway(at legal speeds) is easily attainable. Xenon headlights are far superior to the ones on my BMW X3 (and they were great). The wind deflector that mounts between the front seats is invaluable if you intend to keep your hat above 90 mph. (I can personally attest that this works up to 140, for research's sake of course.) Basically, I recommend buying the newest, lowest mile Boxster you can afford and prepare to smile every time you get behind the wheel."

2005 Boxster

By on Friday, November 09, 2007

"This is the second Boxster I've owned. The first one had a manual transmission and my current 2005 model is a Tiptronic. I would be inclined to say the manual was more fun to drive, even with less horsepower. The Tiptronic feels slugish and overall, doesn't really feel quick. I was outmatched by my son's 2007 GTI with the DSG transmission. The Boxster's handling is outstanding and the heated seats and Bose sound system are a must for top-down driving. Go for the manual transmission and consider a Boxster S, for the added zip. Otherwise, this Boxster has been an outstanding ride."

The perfect adult escape

By on Thursday, May 23, 2013

Pros: "Engine/exhaust note, interior comfort, quickness"

Cons: "wimpy cup holders.."

"Despite a screw rattling around in the passenger vent and a top motor malfunction this car is like nothing else. It corners beyond this middle aged man in crisis' ability to break it responsibly from the pavement. Its strong acceleration from midline to redline is thrilling and braking is equally as compliant. Road manners are excellent and comfort exceeds expectations. With a little responsibility it even shatters EPA numbers despite the 19" Carerra wheels and tires (about 1400 a set online). This car is a rush from the time you put the key in the left handed ignition. I could hardly imagine what the S version would be like. In this price segment, if you can find one used in adult driven condition - JUMP at it. You will never have a single regret!"

This is a dream car for me.

By on Friday, March 14, 2014

Pros: "Very quick, handles amazing, topless in seconds."

Cons: "Be prepared to pay high for small maintenance."

"If you are not interested in having kids, are young and in a good career, or just something for the weekend, I recommend the Boxster S. This car has power in all gears and speeds, handles very smooth. Ride is a little rough, that just being a sports suspension. If you like flashy, people notice it, however, I feel like I tend to babysit it quite a bit. As in parking it closer, or finding places away from most traffic or other people parking. For a sports car it is not to expensive as far as maintenance, but it will run you much more than your average cars out there. This is my daily driver and am very happy with it. I hope this helps others who are looking to buy a Porsche Boxster S."

Great appearance,reliable,wow factor even after

By on Sunday, March 09, 2014

Pros: "Great drive head turner,dependable"

Cons: "Extras and parts are expensive"

"45000 miles,still turns heads,handles better than any car I've owned,and it stays out of the shop! Great buy!"

Great roadster.

By on Tuesday, October 08, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive. Practical daily driver."

Cons: "Poor interior finishes and materials. Low MPG."

"After almost 7 years with this car it is still a wonder to drive. The great handling and balance of this mid-engine convertible are remarkable. Power and accelleration are more than adequate. It is surprisingly comfortable for long trips and local errands, and it has excellent cargo capacity in front and rear trunks. Reliability has been excellent, with some warranty covered convertible top problems as the only service issue. My only real disappointment is the gas mileage of 22-23 MPG in mixed driving. I plan on keeping it another 20 years."

Third Boxster - love the car

By on Thursday, January 06, 2011

"I am on my third Boxster. Pure enjoyment and still practical as a daily driver. The S is well worth the extra $$, you can feel the power difference. In California, you can get the car pool lanes with driver + 1 passenger in a 2 seater, that's one advantage over the 911. Once you are into Porsches, it is hard to switch to anything else. The overall quality is top notch and everything just works and feel right. How many products are like that now?"

Nothing but love....

By on Sunday, October 26, 2008

"Second Boxster for me. Bought it new a year ago and had absolutely zero problems. It makes every day a pleasure, even if all you do is look at it in the garage. I don't play golf so I could care less if clubs fit. Year around, top down, even here in Northern California. The design, quality and experience of this car are well worth the cost - which is actually quite affordable, all things considered. I can't imagine not always owning a Porsche."

Very Fun and Stylish

By on Saturday, March 05, 2011

"I have always wanted a roadster, but never thought they were practical enough for my lifestyle. I finally purchased a CPO Boxster as a 3rd vehicle last week, and I love it. It has very responsive steering and acceleration, and it corners amazingly. I thought storage space might be a problem, but I was wrong. If you are going to stick with a factory radio be sure to get one with the Bose package."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Boxster near Honolulu. See local deals