2002 Porsche Boxster

Based on 222 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

Great value for a Porsche

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, ride and pretty well built."

Cons: "Interior is dated (plastic)."

"I purchased this car 7 yrs ago as something to have some fun with for a summer. I never imagined I would keep it this long. It's a fair weather car for me and I love driving it. I had the clutch replaced at 50k miles (preventative) and complete the RMS update and some other recommended maintenance at that time. It has never left me stranded and I drive it like the good doctor intended. I am amazed at how much fun this car is to push to its limits. I've taken it to DE events and had a blast driving it for all it's worth. Everything has held up well and while it's a cheap Porsche, I didn;t pay that much to begin with so it's been a great deal for me."

Once you drive one, you'll want one

By on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"I use my car to commute, 28,000 miles in two years and everyday with the top down on the way home it is like being on vacation. It is my first convertible and I don't think I will ever go without one again. This is my 3rd Porsche. All three have shared similarities, sharp, light steering, responsiveness in general and a solid build quality. This car is so good all around it really is hard to imagine trying to replace it with anything else, new or used, especially within the same price ranges. The Boxster has two trunks and will accomodate a lot of gear, full size ice chest in the front easy, and still room for more. While the rear trunk is not so deep, it is the width of the car. With the current maintenance intervals, 15K oil, 30K major, it isn't too hard on the wallet. The rear does use tires at 2x the rate of the front-price new tires at TireRack ($700 for OEM Michelins in the rear) If you really enjoy driving you won't be disappointed. The performance it can offer can't be fully utilized on a public road without risking big tickets, but it is enjoyable no matter whether you drive it easy or on the ragged edge. The harder you drive it the more it becomes apparent how well balanced and refined it is. Used prices can't be beat , less than $30K gets an amazing sports car that is less than 5 years old, half the original price, with under 30K miles. Have it checked out ahead of time, real repars are expensive-and ask to have the wheels checked-bent wheels are expensive to replace, a casualty of short side walls and California roads. Try one and you'll become a fan of Porsche, too."

Best true sports car for the $. most for for $

By on Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Pros: "fun, quick, affordable sports car"

Cons: "defective IMS can be catastrophic engine failure"

"Great values on these cars now, but IMS could make it a very expensive paperweight. Shop around, make sure you find one with regular maintenance that has been driven regularly. The ones that have had the IMS retrofit are worth A LOT more, no ticking time bomb inside."

Simply Astounding vehicle

By on Thursday, October 25, 2007

"Simply the best vehicle I have ever had the pleasure to drive. A true joy in a strait line and in the twisties. Its unfortunate that even with ten thousand miles on it my Boxster S is only worth thirty grand.. I would never sell it, but still, to all the people who own one and want to sell it it would be awful because I would never, ever, ever get rid of my beautiful Boxster if they gave me what I paid for it. But to all the people with thirty grand to spend on a sports car, I highly recommend just bying a low mileage Boxster S or even regular Boxster, which isn't as fast in a strait line but still has excellent handling. These cars are a pleasure to drive and are extremely reliable. I would have no problem recommending this car to anyone who knows what the definition of 'sporty' is. You really need to get behind the wheel of one of these things to fully appreciate it, even if the astounding looks weren't enough. Definately one of the best cars ever made. Period."

Porsche - excellent value used

By on Sunday, August 12, 2007

"Porsche is excellent value used. Find a nice second-hand low mileage car and you'll be styling. Beware of Porsche dealers trying to rip you off for an oil change - do it yourself and save $300+. Handling is great. If you drive the car hard, be prepared to buy tires about every 15-20k at $1100 for 18" set. Become a PCA member, go to DE's and learn how to drive this car fast on a track and you'll have a new weekend hobby. Porsche is about the only showroom stock car that performs like track car. Much fun other times cruising down the beach with the top down. You'll learn how to travel light with this car which makes for more spontaneous getaways. Despite Porsche's relatively low production, they do not hold their value well. This is why buying a used Porsche can be a real bargain. Go with Boxster S for more HP, better brakes and handling. Enjoy!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Boxster near Honolulu. See local deals