2001 Porsche Boxster

Based on 216 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

Everyday WOW! Put this car on your bucket list.

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "Handling, aesthetics, best enjoyed if open minded"

Cons: "Destroys expectations"

"Much of the hype that surrounded this car at its introduction back in 1997 has clouded the view of a truly stellar machine. 15 years later, no one can stop themselves from comparing their car to the one that still turns heads and makes people jealous wherever it goes. Everything about it is marvelously unique, and not for the sake of being different. There is purpose to everything here, and it keeps your attention like a good companion on a favorite stretch of road. You cannot compare it with anything else you have ever owned. Realize there are 2 radiators, 4 oxygen sensors, 5 timing chains, 4 cams, and some of the most remarkable manufacturing techniques ever seen. It is important to know that these things and so many more exist not to cause you more grief, but as ingredients in a rich and savory driving experience that is worth way more than the price of admission. The engine that sings sublime songs sweeter than your mother, a gearbox built in the heavens, and a chassis that tames any curved road. Everyone needs to own a Boxster. It makes my life feel more complete to have such a solid, capable, joyous car."

No substitute

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Ever since I was a kid I dreamed of owning a Porsche. There is a timeless beauty about the 911 and the Boxster. Couldn't afford the 911 so I got my self a pre-owned Boxster. I've owned a number of Audis and VW's in the past and currently own a 3 series BMW. All I can say is there is no comparison in the driving dynamics of this car. I refer to it as my 217 HP Go-cart. This car handles as if it is on rails and the power is more than satisfactory. I was fortunate to find a car that spent the first 4 years of its life in Florida...it was perfect! Every frivolous option - including the embossed Porsche crest on the seats! Bargain hunters please be advised that a used Porsche Boxster is a steal. To experience the fun and excitement of driving a Porsche for around $25K is something that I highly recommend. I am sad to see the weather changing and my baby will be "cocooned" for the next few months (with the exception of those 50-60 Degree sunny winter days). Go get one - mid life crisis, escape from reality, status symbol....whatever excuse you want to tell your wife."

Once you drive one, you'll want one

By on Tuesday, August 24, 2010

"I use my car to commute, 28,000 miles in two years and everyday with the top down on the way home it is like being on vacation. It is my first convertible and I don't think I will ever go without one again. This is my 3rd Porsche. All three have shared similarities, sharp, light steering, responsiveness in general and a solid build quality. This car is so good all around it really is hard to imagine trying to replace it with anything else, new or used, especially within the same price ranges. The Boxster has two trunks and will accomodate a lot of gear, full size ice chest in the front easy, and still room for more. While the rear trunk is not so deep, it is the width of the car. With the current maintenance intervals, 15K oil, 30K major, it isn't too hard on the wallet. The rear does use tires at 2x the rate of the front-price new tires at TireRack ($700 for OEM Michelins in the rear) If you really enjoy driving you won't be disappointed. The performance it can offer can't be fully utilized on a public road without risking big tickets, but it is enjoyable no matter whether you drive it easy or on the ragged edge. The harder you drive it the more it becomes apparent how well balanced and refined it is. Used prices can't be beat , less than $30K gets an amazing sports car that is less than 5 years old, half the original price, with under 30K miles. Have it checked out ahead of time, real repars are expensive-and ask to have the wheels checked-bent wheels are expensive to replace, a casualty of short side walls and California roads. Try one and you'll become a fan of Porsche, too."

Car is in great condition exterior and interior

By on Saturday, March 08, 2014

"Car has never been driven in anything but sunshine, garage kept by myself and the previous owner, serviced at factory recommended intervals by porsche dealers, rag top is in super condition , and it runs and handles out of this world, love the car , just looking to go a few years newer"

Great value for a Porsche

By on Saturday, November 23, 2013

Pros: "Great handling, ride and pretty well built."

Cons: "Interior is dated (plastic)."

"I purchased this car 7 yrs ago as something to have some fun with for a summer. I never imagined I would keep it this long. It's a fair weather car for me and I love driving it. I had the clutch replaced at 50k miles (preventative) and complete the RMS update and some other recommended maintenance at that time. It has never left me stranded and I drive it like the good doctor intended. I am amazed at how much fun this car is to push to its limits. I've taken it to DE events and had a blast driving it for all it's worth. Everything has held up well and while it's a cheap Porsche, I didn;t pay that much to begin with so it's been a great deal for me."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Boxster near Honolulu. See local deals