• New Car Buyer's Guides
  • The 40+ MPG Cars of 2015

1999 Porsche Boxster

Based on 214 Ratings for the 1997 - 2004 models.

AMAZING CAR

By on Sunday, March 31, 2013

Pros: "reliable, dynamic, very sexy!"

Cons: "no cup holders."

"This vehicle is so much fun! I own the S which has more torque and a bigger engine, and I am very happy with it, it handles great, very fast and fast response. It makes a good commmuter, and it is not so bad for long trips (compared to a sedan or a bigger coupe) has good space in both trunks compared to other roadsters such as Audi TT and BMW Z4. Parts are not that cheap but remember that are high quality pieces. If you are looking to buy a Boxster make sure you read professional reviews and that you are familiar with Porsches, These vehicles require extrict maintenace, for example, using full syntethic oil (Mobil one is the one that Porsche recomends) and only Premium fuel but if you do as directed in your manual, you then will have an amazing long lasting car that will ALWAYS turn heads and gets complements, I know this car is pricey but it is worth every penny you spend on it. I do the maintenace myself, and even though I had to buy tools that fit Boxsters I save so much money by doing it myself and you spend as much as you would in a non-expensive sedan and don't forget that you can find Porsche online groups that will always help you learn about the car ."

2003 Boxster

By on Thursday, February 26, 2009

"I've owned this car for approx. 2 years, configured with the Tiptronic transmission. The quality and reliability far surpases the BMW 325 convertible I owned and equal to the MB sedan I also drove for approx. 2 years (both of these built within 2 years of my Boxster). This is the tightest and best performing convertible I've driven, and acceleration is outstanding for an automatic. There are zero issues with body jitter that many convertibles have over rough surfaces. If you want a reliable, superb performing 2-seat convertible you will not find a better car on the market at any price. My fuel milage is in the low-to-mid-20s going to-from work and 29-30mpg on the highway. Good factory stereo system, very reliable and average sound depth and clarity for a car in this price range. The cockpit is comfortable and all controls are easy to reach figure out. Finally, this car has the best storage of any vehicle I've owned - a huge front trunk, a reasonable back trunk, and multiple compartments in the doors, center console, glovebox and a hidden sliding door behind the seats. For those who love MB vehicles (I am also a fan of their quality), the SLK was a let down compared to this car. I'd rate the Porsche style, performance and body integrity above the SLK."

2000 Boxster S

By on Wednesday, January 16, 2008

"I found an Artic Silver and Boxster Red "S" example with 38,000 miles on the odometer. I spotted it driving past a Honda dealership. I went with my gut and got lucky, the finish and interior are flawless, the 3.2 litre engine burns practically no oil, the six speed tranny is well matched and solid. It is very quick and requires a responsible driver who knows when to hold it back. Love the convertible top, easy to open and close. This car gets looks of respect, admiration and appreciation from those in the know. Others will bait and tempt you on the road. Biggest bang for the buck you can get. Stick to the Porsche recommended oil, tires, join the Porsche Club of America and be part of a fifty car + outing on the open road."

No substitute

By on Saturday, October 27, 2007

"Ever since I was a kid I dreamed of owning a Porsche. There is a timeless beauty about the 911 and the Boxster. Couldn't afford the 911 so I got my self a pre-owned Boxster. I've owned a number of Audis and VW's in the past and currently own a 3 series BMW. All I can say is there is no comparison in the driving dynamics of this car. I refer to it as my 217 HP Go-cart. This car handles as if it is on rails and the power is more than satisfactory. I was fortunate to find a car that spent the first 4 years of its life in Florida...it was perfect! Every frivolous option - including the embossed Porsche crest on the seats! Bargain hunters please be advised that a used Porsche Boxster is a steal. To experience the fun and excitement of driving a Porsche for around $25K is something that I highly recommend. I am sad to see the weather changing and my baby will be "cocooned" for the next few months (with the exception of those 50-60 Degree sunny winter days). Go get one - mid life crisis, escape from reality, status symbol....whatever excuse you want to tell your wife."

Everyday WOW! Put this car on your bucket list.

By on Sunday, January 29, 2012

Pros: "Handling, aesthetics, best enjoyed if open minded"

Cons: "Destroys expectations"

"Much of the hype that surrounded this car at its introduction back in 1997 has clouded the view of a truly stellar machine. 15 years later, no one can stop themselves from comparing their car to the one that still turns heads and makes people jealous wherever it goes. Everything about it is marvelously unique, and not for the sake of being different. There is purpose to everything here, and it keeps your attention like a good companion on a favorite stretch of road. You cannot compare it with anything else you have ever owned. Realize there are 2 radiators, 4 oxygen sensors, 5 timing chains, 4 cams, and some of the most remarkable manufacturing techniques ever seen. It is important to know that these things and so many more exist not to cause you more grief, but as ingredients in a rich and savory driving experience that is worth way more than the price of admission. The engine that sings sublime songs sweeter than your mother, a gearbox built in the heavens, and a chassis that tames any curved road. Everyone needs to own a Boxster. It makes my life feel more complete to have such a solid, capable, joyous car."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche Boxster near Honolulu. See local deals