2008 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 139 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10

The C4S likes to move it, move it, move it.

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"The 08 C4S is all it should be for the price. Maybe a little more HP, which the 09 addressed. I'm 6'4" and fit comfortably. The 4 speed lifts the spirit when you move through the gears with gusto. Love the handling in the sweepers and the brakes bring the show to a halt with authority. I also own an SL65 AMG which, in a straight line, dusts the 911. Other than that the SL65 does not hold a candle to the C4S when blasting along the back roads with all the turns and switch-backs. This is my 5th 911 and I am a little disappointed with the depreciation. The dealers like to hide this fact as much as possible. Save some money, buy a used 911 at a good price and you're be delighted every time you climb aboard. Guaranteed!"

Best car on earth

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pros: "Great handling!"

Cons: "Everything Porsche has their name on min $100"

Look out

"Great car to drive! Best car I have ever owned. Water pump went out and the tach went out thank god I purchased the warranty!"

Look out

Fast, fun and reliable.

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Fast and fun and no problems in 5 years."

Cons: "Instrumentation and programming are a little lame."

"My 2007 997 is the third Porsche I have picked up at the happy little factory in Zuffenhausen. It is the fastest car I have ever owned, but not the favorite (that was a 968 I had for 13 years). Over the years, Porsche has tamed the tail-happy 911 with ever wider tires and jamming that six banger as far forward as they can, and now electronic control, so the new ones handle really well without having to worry much about oversteer. My complaint (and it's pretty minor) about the 997 is the lack of integration between the analog and digital aspects of the car. It's partially programmable, but lots of things aren't (like lights and door locks - BMW is WAY better in this regard). Instrumentation is sort of the same, with a combination of analog and digital outputs thrown in the cockpit without much thought or reason - lots of information, in no particular order. The tachometer is in the center where it belongs, with a digital speedometer under it, but there is also an analog speedometer, in 25mph increments, that is less than useless - I'd much rather have an ammeter, which is not included. Oh, and the door lock light is red and fairly bright, and will annoy any pilots who own the car (red lights in a cockpit usually indicate that you are on fire). That's why my 968 was my favorite car ever- it was a well rounded analog car, that felt "just right." The 997 misses that mark, but only slightly."

Comparision

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"I own a 996 and a 997. I love them both -- but the 997 adds a level of excitement (or is that torque) that the more fluid 996 doesn't have. I've owned virtually every car made -- and there is nothing like a 911 -- absolutely classic - and never (ever) boring to drive. Porsche ceramic brakes are really quite amazing -- though probably too expensive. I would recommend getting an "auto dimming" rear view mirror -- often overlooked."

Easy car to own and operate

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to own and drive"

Cons: "Strong engine and drive systems"

"Excellent second car. Great road car and fun to drive. Very reliable and cost to own and operate has been very low compared to a VW I previously owned."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals