2008 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 121 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

9.7/10
    9.7/10
    9.8/10
    9.8/10
Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25

phenonomonal beautiful ride

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"beautiful classy car under warranty certified pre owned"

The best porsche I have owned…. of seven

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

"Stops me from dreaming of more..."

Amazing Handling and Performance

By on Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pros: "Performance, 4-seats, Ride Not too Agressive"

Cons: "Basic Stock Options are limited"

"The vehicle is well balanced and not too aggressive for daily driving. The four seats work in a pinch for short trips and as Z06 owner, this car puts the power down with no hesitation or tire spin..."

Great car and practical as a daily driver

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "Fast, solid, reliable and iconic."

Cons: "Can be costly to maintain/repair. Skip the PCCB's"

With Cargraphic lowering springs and HRE P-43 wheels

"I ordered my 2006 Carrera S new, including some very pricey options. I now have nearly 120,000 miles on the car including more than 2,000 track miles and have to say the Carrera has been an excellent car. It only comes up short in a couple areas. 1. It is expensive to buy and maintain but that shouldn't be a surprise. Thankfully, it's been a very reliable car despite being driven very hard at times. 2. Some of the interior aluminum-looking parts are actually plastic and haven't held up that well. On the newer models (type 991) they are real aluminum so the quality has improved. I've only had a couple major service issues. The clutch was replaced at 110,000 miles. The air/oil separator failed at about 80,000 miles. The serpentine belt has been replaced twice. And, the windshield has been replaced three times. It might just be bad luck but I've never had glass that was so easy to chip and crack. At $1,000 a pop, replacements are painful. What would I do differently? I ordered this car with PCCB ceramic brakes and X-51 Powerkit. The PCCB's are great on the road but I ruined them on the racetrack. Porsche said I overheated them and I ended up switching to Porsche iron rotors instead of paying $10,000+ to replace the PCCB's. The X-51 Powerkit does provide a bit more power and nice top end rush but isn't worth the price in terms of performance gain. And, if/when I sell the car, I don't think I'll see much gain in resale value for this $16k option. Otherwise it's been a fabulous car and I hope to drive it to 200k miles before moving on to something else."

With Cargraphic lowering springs and HRE P-43 wheels

Best Porsche I have owned out of 6.

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Great driver."

"Great driver in all regimes. The active PASM in the sport modeallows me go have the lateral stabilty in turns matched to that of the Boxsters I have (2). I can make fast turns without worrying about tail skids. It feels as a 50/50 weight distribution. In normal setting ifgives a comfortable ride for long ddistance driving. Plenty of power and gearbox combination makes it a real pleasure to drive. 2d and 5th gears provide great, fast acceleration response for any situation. Interior is comfortable well appointed. The M97 engine gives peace of mind compared to the M96 engines I have owned."

Reviews Displayed:  5 | 10 | 25
Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals