2006 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10

The C4S likes to move it, move it, move it.

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"The 08 C4S is all it should be for the price. Maybe a little more HP, which the 09 addressed. I'm 6'4" and fit comfortably. The 4 speed lifts the spirit when you move through the gears with gusto. Love the handling in the sweepers and the brakes bring the show to a halt with authority. I also own an SL65 AMG which, in a straight line, dusts the 911. Other than that the SL65 does not hold a candle to the C4S when blasting along the back roads with all the turns and switch-backs. This is my 5th 911 and I am a little disappointed with the depreciation. The dealers like to hide this fact as much as possible. Save some money, buy a used 911 at a good price and you're be delighted every time you climb aboard. Guaranteed!"

Nothing else comes close!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, ease of use, perfect record"

Cons: "Tiptronic limits performance somewhat"

"I bought my '06 Carrera S Cab this past year with 28K miles on it. It was been everything I expected it to be and more. It has the Tiptronic transmission, which is convenient, but does limit performance somewhat. It's still incredibly fast! Mine has the Sport Chrono package, which is definitely worth it. The ride setting are dramatically different and allow for optimization depending upon use. The car has been flawless and has had no warranty work ever. We love the full power top and like that you don't have to stop to put it down or up (can do so up to 30 mph). It was a real value to buy it pre-owned from a private party. It's been a great car."

Best car on earth

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pros: "Great handling!"

Cons: "Everything Porsche has their name on min $100"

Look out

"Great car to drive! Best car I have ever owned. Water pump went out and the tach went out thank god I purchased the warranty!"

Look out

Comparision

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"I own a 996 and a 997. I love them both -- but the 997 adds a level of excitement (or is that torque) that the more fluid 996 doesn't have. I've owned virtually every car made -- and there is nothing like a 911 -- absolutely classic - and never (ever) boring to drive. Porsche ceramic brakes are really quite amazing -- though probably too expensive. I would recommend getting an "auto dimming" rear view mirror -- often overlooked."

Easy car to own and operate

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to own and drive"

Cons: "Strong engine and drive systems"

"Excellent second car. Great road car and fun to drive. Very reliable and cost to own and operate has been very low compared to a VW I previously owned."

Fast, fun and reliable.

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Fast and fun and no problems in 5 years."

Cons: "Instrumentation and programming are a little lame."

"My 2007 997 is the third Porsche I have picked up at the happy little factory in Zuffenhausen. It is the fastest car I have ever owned, but not the favorite (that was a 968 I had for 13 years). Over the years, Porsche has tamed the tail-happy 911 with ever wider tires and jamming that six banger as far forward as they can, and now electronic control, so the new ones handle really well without having to worry much about oversteer. My complaint (and it's pretty minor) about the 997 is the lack of integration between the analog and digital aspects of the car. It's partially programmable, but lots of things aren't (like lights and door locks - BMW is WAY better in this regard). Instrumentation is sort of the same, with a combination of analog and digital outputs thrown in the cockpit without much thought or reason - lots of information, in no particular order. The tachometer is in the center where it belongs, with a digital speedometer under it, but there is also an analog speedometer, in 25mph increments, that is less than useless - I'd much rather have an ammeter, which is not included. Oh, and the door lock light is red and fairly bright, and will annoy any pilots who own the car (red lights in a cockpit usually indicate that you are on fire). That's why my 968 was my favorite car ever- it was a well rounded analog car, that felt "just right." The 997 misses that mark, but only slightly."

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"I owned a '67 912 back in the 70's and it was a great handling car, but with minimal power. Much as I loved my first Porsche, my new 2007 Carrera exceeds all expectations I had about owning a new 911. The handling, the styling, the comfort and the feeling of mastery of the road can't be beat. And my fully-loaded base model gives me all the power I need, so I didn't think getting an "S" model for an additional $10K, in order to shave 2/10 of a second from my 0-60 was a worthwhile investment."

sports car, not wannabe

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"this is my second CS2S and the car is an animal. The best thing about this car? The feel, the sound and the look. And the performance lives up to it and more... sure some revved up BMW's may be able to keep with it on teh straight start up but there is no comparison in terms of style. BMW's are a sedan made to perform, this Porsche is a car made for the track. Comfort is perfect for the ride. Try driving a Lexus, it's like being on a pillow. Head and leg room are superior in this car. Gas mileage is not bad if you drive normally and the car has had ZERO problems after 40k miles. I can't say enough about this baby. Buy one if you can!"

Must drive, performance, excitement and quality

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "performance, value, quality, fun"

Cons: "lack of audio system controls on steering wheel"

Ready to take off to the hills!

"This is the fourth 911 I owned. The 1977 'S' was a blast but a little uncivilized with propensity to oversteer. The first(1999) water cooled 996 was great but underpowered at 290 hp. A 2004 cab with a bump to 320 was the best car I owned until now. The 997 3.8l is incredible. It has torque and a push in your back that is relentless. It holds the road with confidence. Even over 150 mph there is no concern if driven prudently(much advised). Interior fit and finish is good. Bose is outstanding. A few squeeks with sport suspension engaged but a small tradeoff. If you want a better ride turn sport mode off! Decent mileage at 23mpg on mostly hiway. Highly recommend this vehicle. Wonder about the updates for 2009 and the 'new 911' for 2012......"

Ready to take off to the hills!

Like no other

By on Tuesday, March 15, 2011

"This delivers the total driving experience. This car puts a smile on my face whenever I get behind the wheel! If you can afford this fantastic car, do yourself a favor...GET ONE!!"

Love this car!!!

By on Thursday, March 29, 2012

Pros: "Expensive but well worth the money."

"This 997 body style is timeless and forward thinking. The evolution of the 911 proves that it is not only a car bearing a pedigree in a historical icon, but also continues to hold it's appeal in modern design aesthetics. This is a surpurb car that turns heads, and even better, delivers an incredible drive and feel for the road."

Supurb Handling

By on Monday, September 20, 2010

"Best handling vehicle i've ever had. And I've had many. 5 Porsches, 1 Ferrari, 1 Corvette, 1 Delorean, 1 Austin Healy, 1 Jag. XK150, 2 MB SL500's, 1MB SL550. I prefer the MB 550 for comfort, ride and value. It costs the same and you get a convertible to boot. Much better highway car. Quiet and fast. Better gas mileage. About the same performance for 1/4mi and 0-60. A fast luxure car whereas the Porsche is a racecar. Carrera S is noisy and a rougher ride, but can't beat the handling. Extremely agile."

6 Cylinder Rocket Ship

By on Wednesday, June 09, 2010

"After 12 Corvettes and 3 BMWs I was talked into trying a 911. Am I ever glad that I was. Style, fit and finish, performance all wrapped up in the same package. Best car I have ever owned and I am planning to upgrade soon the the turbo version."

AWESOME!!!!!

By on Sunday, February 21, 2010

"THE BEST CAR EVER! I HAVE OWNED MANY CARS AND MY 2007 CARRERA S, HANDS DOWN IS THE BEST. EVERY TIME I GET BEHIND THE WHEEL, I CAN'T BELIEVE IT TOOK ME SO LONG TO GET ONE. I HOPE TO NEVER BE WITHOUT IT!"

Epic and timeless

By on Friday, October 31, 2008

"Super fast, beautifull, reliable, great gas mileage. If you have dreamed of someday owning a 911, this is the moment. There are no practical reasons to buy this car, it is an emotional matter, and that is exactly what I believe is important in life. Every second without this car is time lost. Get one and you will be a happier person, guaranteed."

2007 911 Carerra 4

By on Sunday, November 25, 2007

"Totally amazing. Previously owned the 996 generation of 911. This car is much more in-step with the 911 tradition. Feels like an updated 993 and looks the part too. Performance is amazing. Not as visceral as something like a Viper or Corvette, just seems to compress time. Remember the Millennium Falcon in Star Wars. The Stars became straight lines at warp speed. That kind of thing. Truly amazing. The 996 was a nice car, this, new 911, the 997, I feel like I'm just the custodian of something great."

Fun and graceful

By on Monday, September 17, 2007

"I have had this 05 Turbo S Cab now for over a year and just never get tired of looking at it. The lines and quality are second to none. Mine was ordered with Carbon Fiber package and custon paint. Everywhere I go people make comments. When it comes time to drop the hammer, this beauty can back up it's good looks. It sounds great and handling is incredible. I would recomend this car to any enthusiast."

Everything You Think It'll be

By on Sunday, July 29, 2007

"After years of suffering through poorly designed 996 models, the new Carrera is just great. The car is truly incredible and I enjoy every mile as if it were the first one."

Best Porsche I have owned out of 6.

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Great driver."

"Great driver in all regimes. The active PASM in the sport modeallows me go have the lateral stabilty in turns matched to that of the Boxsters I have (2). I can make fast turns without worrying about tail skids. It feels as a 50/50 weight distribution. In normal setting ifgives a comfortable ride for long ddistance driving. Plenty of power and gearbox combination makes it a real pleasure to drive. 2d and 5th gears provide great, fast acceleration response for any situation. Interior is comfortable well appointed. The M97 engine gives peace of mind compared to the M96 engines I have owned."

Every woman should drive and own one!! lol!!

By on Friday, July 27, 2012

Pros: "fun to drive..beautiful sports car"

Cons: "cup holders"

"A perfect machine that saved my life with its performance!It drives me! Its sexy fast and perfect! Watch out men you could be replaced;0 Love my 911 C4S Cab!"

The best vehicle I've ever owned!! Fast, reliable

By on Saturday, March 24, 2012

Pros: "Style, handling, quality, fun factor, etc."

Cons: "Cost of operation"

"Quality build. Expensive to maintain. Replacing tires will be outrageous, but WORTH the fun. Too much fun to drive. Get's thumb's up all the time from bystanders. Sound of sports exhaust is great. Handling dynamics never disappoint. Brakes? C'mon, it's a Porsche 911. Wide body looks awesome. This is my second 4S!"

Greatest car I've ever owned!!

By on Friday, February 10, 2012

"This is a true drivers car. If you are looking for a quiet, isolated feeling this is not the car for you. If you love to drive and appreciate the refined feel of a true sports car there is no better auto for you. I've had Corvettes, M3s, a Cobra kit car, and multiple others. My 911 Carrera S is heads and shoulders above them. The feedback, ride, handling, etc all combine for a near perfect experience. As a bonus, I am 6'4" tall and this is one of the few cars I fit into comfortably. It was designed with a lot of leg/headroom which is a real plus. I have a cabriolet which I highly recommend as well as the sport button which allows you to toggle between smoother/firmer suspension settings as well as milder/linear acceleration curves. This isn't must have for driving around Dallas on our choppy roads."

Best, most impressive car I have ever owned

By on Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pros: "Satisfying, sophisticated all-weather touring"

Cons: "None material"

"The C4S is an outstanding, all-weather GT car. I have 19" summer and 18" winter tires, and drive the car weekly. Although I have owned many cars in 45 years of driving, this is the most impressive, satisfying car I have ever owned. Limited luggage space, especially on the AWD 997's, and modest front bumper protection are probably the only negatives. Dealer attitude and service has been very satisfactory from delivery on (from both technical and a relationship POV)."

Love this car

By on Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Pros: "fun to drive, design, performance, reliability"

Cons: "no real con's for a sports car its awesome"

"This is the finest automobile I have ever owned, my second Porsche. The design is incredible. The performance can't be matched. It is the most reliable fun car I've ever driven or owned. Limited storage space but that isn't why you buy this vehicle."

Best car ever

By on Saturday, April 30, 2011

"Awesome car, no regrets! Just do it,"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals