2006 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 124 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

9.8/10

2008 Porsche Carrera S Convertible

By on Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Pros: "Nothing beats the feeling of driving in this car."

Cons: "Learn your 911. Its FAST. Drive responsibly."

"I purchased my 911 3 years ago used/certified from the dealership. Since the day I drove it off the lot, it has been an absolute pleasure. I was surprised by how affordable it was to own this vehicle. Maintenance and service at the dealership was comparatively about the same as any domestic vehicle. I highly recommend researching resale value, service costs and ask people who drive these cars and I hope you come to the same conclusion I did... there is nothing like the feeling of driving a 911!"

Porsche, there is no substitute.

By on Sunday, April 27, 2014

Pros: "Pure driving joy! Value supercar!"

Cons: "Bad roads in Michigan."

"Race car performance in a daily driver. My 2007 is equipped with the sports chrono...and I purchased it pre owned certified. Sticky 305 tires keep this rocket glued to the road. I definitely feel this 997s is an upgrade to a couple of 996's I've owned in the past. Adrenalin rush just looking at it! Highly recommend!"

The car is fast, sleek, agile, and people love it.

By on Saturday, April 26, 2014

Pros: "It is a driving machine like no other"

Cons: "Tiny back seats"

"I have owned this car for several years now. The car attracts attention. the sound is distinct, like no other. and in sport mode, the car becomes a beast that none can withstand. a driving machine built with me in mind. sometime I am 17 and reckless to a point but the car is there to guide me. It lets me have fun with some excitement but pulls me back every time. Sometimes I am 57 and just want a nice ride, some music, and time to think, this car allows whatever I demand of it. On the down side, I still worry about where to park it. I have had the car at numerous car shows and cruise nights in the area. It gets lots of looks and pictures taken of it at the shows. No buyer's remorse here just wish it had a PDK."

phenonomonal beautiful ride

By on Monday, March 17, 2014

"beautiful classy car under warranty certified pre owned"

The best porsche I have owned…. of seven

By on Saturday, February 15, 2014

"Stops me from dreaming of more..."

Amazing Handling and Performance

By on Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Pros: "Performance, 4-seats, Ride Not too Agressive"

Cons: "Basic Stock Options are limited"

"The vehicle is well balanced and not too aggressive for daily driving. The four seats work in a pinch for short trips and as Z06 owner, this car puts the power down with no hesitation or tire spin..."

Great car and practical as a daily driver

By on Friday, November 01, 2013

Pros: "Fast, solid, reliable and iconic."

Cons: "Can be costly to maintain/repair. Skip the PCCB's"

With Cargraphic lowering springs and HRE P-43 wheels

"I ordered my 2006 Carrera S new, including some very pricey options. I now have nearly 120,000 miles on the car including more than 2,000 track miles and have to say the Carrera has been an excellent car. It only comes up short in a couple areas. 1. It is expensive to buy and maintain but that shouldn't be a surprise. Thankfully, it's been a very reliable car despite being driven very hard at times. 2. Some of the interior aluminum-looking parts are actually plastic and haven't held up that well. On the newer models (type 991) they are real aluminum so the quality has improved. I've only had a couple major service issues. The clutch was replaced at 110,000 miles. The air/oil separator failed at about 80,000 miles. The serpentine belt has been replaced twice. And, the windshield has been replaced three times. It might just be bad luck but I've never had glass that was so easy to chip and crack. At $1,000 a pop, replacements are painful. What would I do differently? I ordered this car with PCCB ceramic brakes and X-51 Powerkit. The PCCB's are great on the road but I ruined them on the racetrack. Porsche said I overheated them and I ended up switching to Porsche iron rotors instead of paying $10,000+ to replace the PCCB's. The X-51 Powerkit does provide a bit more power and nice top end rush but isn't worth the price in terms of performance gain. And, if/when I sell the car, I don't think I'll see much gain in resale value for this $16k option. Otherwise it's been a fabulous car and I hope to drive it to 200k miles before moving on to something else."

With Cargraphic lowering springs and HRE P-43 wheels

Best Porsche I have owned out of 6.

By on Sunday, October 27, 2013

Pros: "Great driver."

"Great driver in all regimes. The active PASM in the sport modeallows me go have the lateral stabilty in turns matched to that of the Boxsters I have (2). I can make fast turns without worrying about tail skids. It feels as a 50/50 weight distribution. In normal setting ifgives a comfortable ride for long ddistance driving. Plenty of power and gearbox combination makes it a real pleasure to drive. 2d and 5th gears provide great, fast acceleration response for any situation. Interior is comfortable well appointed. The M97 engine gives peace of mind compared to the M96 engines I have owned."

Nothing else comes close!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, ease of use, perfect record"

Cons: "Tiptronic limits performance somewhat"

"I bought my '06 Carrera S Cab this past year with 28K miles on it. It was been everything I expected it to be and more. It has the Tiptronic transmission, which is convenient, but does limit performance somewhat. It's still incredibly fast! Mine has the Sport Chrono package, which is definitely worth it. The ride setting are dramatically different and allow for optimization depending upon use. The car has been flawless and has had no warranty work ever. We love the full power top and like that you don't have to stop to put it down or up (can do so up to 30 mph). It was a real value to buy it pre-owned from a private party. It's been a great car."

The car is a great sports car

By on Monday, June 24, 2013

Pros: "Mechanically it is fantastic to drive."

Cons: "Computer and nav are awful"

"Everything is great except the computer system on the car. It is an absolute nightmare to use. Even the radio is combersum to use. This car needs to scrap all the computer systems then it would be a dream to own."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals
See if you qualify for