2006 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10

The C4S likes to move it, move it, move it.

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"The 08 C4S is all it should be for the price. Maybe a little more HP, which the 09 addressed. I'm 6'4" and fit comfortably. The 4 speed lifts the spirit when you move through the gears with gusto. Love the handling in the sweepers and the brakes bring the show to a halt with authority. I also own an SL65 AMG which, in a straight line, dusts the 911. Other than that the SL65 does not hold a candle to the C4S when blasting along the back roads with all the turns and switch-backs. This is my 5th 911 and I am a little disappointed with the depreciation. The dealers like to hide this fact as much as possible. Save some money, buy a used 911 at a good price and you're be delighted every time you climb aboard. Guaranteed!"

Nothing else comes close!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, ease of use, perfect record"

Cons: "Tiptronic limits performance somewhat"

"I bought my '06 Carrera S Cab this past year with 28K miles on it. It was been everything I expected it to be and more. It has the Tiptronic transmission, which is convenient, but does limit performance somewhat. It's still incredibly fast! Mine has the Sport Chrono package, which is definitely worth it. The ride setting are dramatically different and allow for optimization depending upon use. The car has been flawless and has had no warranty work ever. We love the full power top and like that you don't have to stop to put it down or up (can do so up to 30 mph). It was a real value to buy it pre-owned from a private party. It's been a great car."

Best car on earth

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pros: "Great handling!"

Cons: "Everything Porsche has their name on min $100"

Look out

"Great car to drive! Best car I have ever owned. Water pump went out and the tach went out thank god I purchased the warranty!"

Look out

as good as it gets

By on Tuesday, March 11, 2008

"This car is as good as it gets. You can spend more and get a little sexier but can't buy faster for anywhere near this price especially if you also want reliability. They just don't make better quality cars than this at any price. The design is timeless. I've owned this car for 2 1/2 years and still thrilled every time I drive it. Put your foot into it and the adrenaline rush is incredible. One last thing...A Turbo S Porsche Cab is considered very special. When ever I go out and give it to a valet, they always park it right up front. Never have to worry about door dings or getting put in the back of the lot so I get my car pretty quickly when I'm ready to leave."

Comparision

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"I own a 996 and a 997. I love them both -- but the 997 adds a level of excitement (or is that torque) that the more fluid 996 doesn't have. I've owned virtually every car made -- and there is nothing like a 911 -- absolutely classic - and never (ever) boring to drive. Porsche ceramic brakes are really quite amazing -- though probably too expensive. I would recommend getting an "auto dimming" rear view mirror -- often overlooked."

Easy car to own and operate

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to own and drive"

Cons: "Strong engine and drive systems"

"Excellent second car. Great road car and fun to drive. Very reliable and cost to own and operate has been very low compared to a VW I previously owned."

Fast, fun and reliable.

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Fast and fun and no problems in 5 years."

Cons: "Instrumentation and programming are a little lame."

"My 2007 997 is the third Porsche I have picked up at the happy little factory in Zuffenhausen. It is the fastest car I have ever owned, but not the favorite (that was a 968 I had for 13 years). Over the years, Porsche has tamed the tail-happy 911 with ever wider tires and jamming that six banger as far forward as they can, and now electronic control, so the new ones handle really well without having to worry much about oversteer. My complaint (and it's pretty minor) about the 997 is the lack of integration between the analog and digital aspects of the car. It's partially programmable, but lots of things aren't (like lights and door locks - BMW is WAY better in this regard). Instrumentation is sort of the same, with a combination of analog and digital outputs thrown in the cockpit without much thought or reason - lots of information, in no particular order. The tachometer is in the center where it belongs, with a digital speedometer under it, but there is also an analog speedometer, in 25mph increments, that is less than useless - I'd much rather have an ammeter, which is not included. Oh, and the door lock light is red and fairly bright, and will annoy any pilots who own the car (red lights in a cockpit usually indicate that you are on fire). That's why my 968 was my favorite car ever- it was a well rounded analog car, that felt "just right." The 997 misses that mark, but only slightly."

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"I owned a '67 912 back in the 70's and it was a great handling car, but with minimal power. Much as I loved my first Porsche, my new 2007 Carrera exceeds all expectations I had about owning a new 911. The handling, the styling, the comfort and the feeling of mastery of the road can't be beat. And my fully-loaded base model gives me all the power I need, so I didn't think getting an "S" model for an additional $10K, in order to shave 2/10 of a second from my 0-60 was a worthwhile investment."

sports car, not wannabe

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"this is my second CS2S and the car is an animal. The best thing about this car? The feel, the sound and the look. And the performance lives up to it and more... sure some revved up BMW's may be able to keep with it on teh straight start up but there is no comparison in terms of style. BMW's are a sedan made to perform, this Porsche is a car made for the track. Comfort is perfect for the ride. Try driving a Lexus, it's like being on a pillow. Head and leg room are superior in this car. Gas mileage is not bad if you drive normally and the car has had ZERO problems after 40k miles. I can't say enough about this baby. Buy one if you can!"

Must drive, performance, excitement and quality

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "performance, value, quality, fun"

Cons: "lack of audio system controls on steering wheel"

Ready to take off to the hills!

"This is the fourth 911 I owned. The 1977 'S' was a blast but a little uncivilized with propensity to oversteer. The first(1999) water cooled 996 was great but underpowered at 290 hp. A 2004 cab with a bump to 320 was the best car I owned until now. The 997 3.8l is incredible. It has torque and a push in your back that is relentless. It holds the road with confidence. Even over 150 mph there is no concern if driven prudently(much advised). Interior fit and finish is good. Bose is outstanding. A few squeeks with sport suspension engaged but a small tradeoff. If you want a better ride turn sport mode off! Decent mileage at 23mpg on mostly hiway. Highly recommend this vehicle. Wonder about the updates for 2009 and the 'new 911' for 2012......"

Ready to take off to the hills!

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals