2006 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 134 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10

The C4S likes to move it, move it, move it.

By on Wednesday, November 19, 2008

"The 08 C4S is all it should be for the price. Maybe a little more HP, which the 09 addressed. I'm 6'4" and fit comfortably. The 4 speed lifts the spirit when you move through the gears with gusto. Love the handling in the sweepers and the brakes bring the show to a halt with authority. I also own an SL65 AMG which, in a straight line, dusts the 911. Other than that the SL65 does not hold a candle to the C4S when blasting along the back roads with all the turns and switch-backs. This is my 5th 911 and I am a little disappointed with the depreciation. The dealers like to hide this fact as much as possible. Save some money, buy a used 911 at a good price and you're be delighted every time you climb aboard. Guaranteed!"

Nothing else comes close!

By on Friday, August 30, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, ease of use, perfect record"

Cons: "Tiptronic limits performance somewhat"

"I bought my '06 Carrera S Cab this past year with 28K miles on it. It was been everything I expected it to be and more. It has the Tiptronic transmission, which is convenient, but does limit performance somewhat. It's still incredibly fast! Mine has the Sport Chrono package, which is definitely worth it. The ride setting are dramatically different and allow for optimization depending upon use. The car has been flawless and has had no warranty work ever. We love the full power top and like that you don't have to stop to put it down or up (can do so up to 30 mph). It was a real value to buy it pre-owned from a private party. It's been a great car."

Best car on earth

By on Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Pros: "Great handling!"

Cons: "Everything Porsche has their name on min $100"

Look out

"Great car to drive! Best car I have ever owned. Water pump went out and the tach went out thank god I purchased the warranty!"

Look out

Comparision

By on Thursday, December 13, 2007

"I own a 996 and a 997. I love them both -- but the 997 adds a level of excitement (or is that torque) that the more fluid 996 doesn't have. I've owned virtually every car made -- and there is nothing like a 911 -- absolutely classic - and never (ever) boring to drive. Porsche ceramic brakes are really quite amazing -- though probably too expensive. I would recommend getting an "auto dimming" rear view mirror -- often overlooked."

Easy car to own and operate

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to own and drive"

Cons: "Strong engine and drive systems"

"Excellent second car. Great road car and fun to drive. Very reliable and cost to own and operate has been very low compared to a VW I previously owned."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals