2005 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 132 Ratings for the 2005 - 2008 models.

9.8/10
    9.7/10

Easy car to own and operate

By on Thursday, January 24, 2013

Pros: "Fun to own and drive"

Cons: "Strong engine and drive systems"

"Excellent second car. Great road car and fun to drive. Very reliable and cost to own and operate has been very low compared to a VW I previously owned."

Fast, fun and reliable.

By on Thursday, November 03, 2011

Pros: "Fast and fun and no problems in 5 years."

Cons: "Instrumentation and programming are a little lame."

"My 2007 997 is the third Porsche I have picked up at the happy little factory in Zuffenhausen. It is the fastest car I have ever owned, but not the favorite (that was a 968 I had for 13 years). Over the years, Porsche has tamed the tail-happy 911 with ever wider tires and jamming that six banger as far forward as they can, and now electronic control, so the new ones handle really well without having to worry much about oversteer. My complaint (and it's pretty minor) about the 997 is the lack of integration between the analog and digital aspects of the car. It's partially programmable, but lots of things aren't (like lights and door locks - BMW is WAY better in this regard). Instrumentation is sort of the same, with a combination of analog and digital outputs thrown in the cockpit without much thought or reason - lots of information, in no particular order. The tachometer is in the center where it belongs, with a digital speedometer under it, but there is also an analog speedometer, in 25mph increments, that is less than useless - I'd much rather have an ammeter, which is not included. Oh, and the door lock light is red and fairly bright, and will annoy any pilots who own the car (red lights in a cockpit usually indicate that you are on fire). That's why my 968 was my favorite car ever- it was a well rounded analog car, that felt "just right." The 997 misses that mark, but only slightly."

By on Wednesday, December 17, 2008

"I owned a '67 912 back in the 70's and it was a great handling car, but with minimal power. Much as I loved my first Porsche, my new 2007 Carrera exceeds all expectations I had about owning a new 911. The handling, the styling, the comfort and the feeling of mastery of the road can't be beat. And my fully-loaded base model gives me all the power I need, so I didn't think getting an "S" model for an additional $10K, in order to shave 2/10 of a second from my 0-60 was a worthwhile investment."

sports car, not wannabe

By on Wednesday, June 04, 2008

"this is my second CS2S and the car is an animal. The best thing about this car? The feel, the sound and the look. And the performance lives up to it and more... sure some revved up BMW's may be able to keep with it on teh straight start up but there is no comparison in terms of style. BMW's are a sedan made to perform, this Porsche is a car made for the track. Comfort is perfect for the ride. Try driving a Lexus, it's like being on a pillow. Head and leg room are superior in this car. Gas mileage is not bad if you drive normally and the car has had ZERO problems after 40k miles. I can't say enough about this baby. Buy one if you can!"

Must drive, performance, excitement and quality

By on Friday, November 11, 2011

Pros: "performance, value, quality, fun"

Cons: "lack of audio system controls on steering wheel"

Ready to take off to the hills!

"This is the fourth 911 I owned. The 1977 'S' was a blast but a little uncivilized with propensity to oversteer. The first(1999) water cooled 996 was great but underpowered at 290 hp. A 2004 cab with a bump to 320 was the best car I owned until now. The 997 3.8l is incredible. It has torque and a push in your back that is relentless. It holds the road with confidence. Even over 150 mph there is no concern if driven prudently(much advised). Interior fit and finish is good. Bose is outstanding. A few squeeks with sport suspension engaged but a small tradeoff. If you want a better ride turn sport mode off! Decent mileage at 23mpg on mostly hiway. Highly recommend this vehicle. Wonder about the updates for 2009 and the 'new 911' for 2012......"

Ready to take off to the hills!

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals