2001 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 207 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

9.8/10

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"I was warned that after this car, I'll never want to drive another, and it's true. Super drive, fast, responsive, simply great!"

WOW.

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun, Fast, Attractive, Refined when driven lightly"

Cons: "Slim seats (I'm 175), Less than impressive speaker"

"I bought this because I'm getting too old to ride a crotch rocket motorcycle. My reflexes aren't what they used to be and that can equal death on a motorcycle. This IS a crotch rocket on 4 wheels. The engine has a similar higher rpm powerband and propels the car like a slingshot. Additionally, the rear engine and racing tone give me sort of a "street" indy car feeling. I'm afraid to break it but can't help but "use" the performance every now and then. It doesn't disappoint. @ $22k for an engine...I PRAY to never blow it up. The car feels more comfortable @ 90 than 45...etc. I find myself taking the freeway for things like getting ice cream, gas, etc. A pure addiction, I LOOK for reasons to take it out. FUN CAR."

By far the best vehicle I ever owned.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, looks, fun."

Cons: "Lack of technology; leather starting to crack."

"A wonderful car in all respects. Fun to drive, a solid, quality feel, and difficult to give up because it is so reliable."

99 Carrera 2

By on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"Bought from a dealer with 30K on the clock, everything worked and all required maint. had been performed by previous owner. 6 Speed w 18" factory alloys and Ltd slip. Car is much more civilized than earlier models, suitable for highway cruising in comfort. Good A/C and sound systems. Acceleration, braking and handling are superior to anything in it's price range, and maybe anything available. It has never broken, been towed, or even needed anything other than routine maintenance. Replaced the tires with Sumitomo HTR ZIII vs Pirelli's P Zero Rosso and its an entirely different car. Rides better, road noise is less, and the handling / braking is the same or better. I have owned Boxsters, Early 911's, 928's, and 944's, and this is unquestionably the best Porsche available. Highly recommend a 996 or 997 to anyone seeking a great performance 2 seater."

Forget what your wife says... BUY ONE!

By on Monday, October 20, 2008

"I have owned quite a few high end sports cars over the years, but none have come close to this one in terms of balancing incredible performance with practicality. I had a Ferrari for several years, which was a fun and beautiful car, that it spent half its life in the shop. This car makes it's semi-annual visits to the Porsche dealer for sevicing and nothing more."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals