2001 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 206 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

9.8/10

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"I was warned that after this car, I'll never want to drive another, and it's true. Super drive, fast, responsive, simply great!"

WOW.

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun, Fast, Attractive, Refined when driven lightly"

Cons: "Slim seats (I'm 175), Less than impressive speaker"

"I bought this because I'm getting too old to ride a crotch rocket motorcycle. My reflexes aren't what they used to be and that can equal death on a motorcycle. This IS a crotch rocket on 4 wheels. The engine has a similar higher rpm powerband and propels the car like a slingshot. Additionally, the rear engine and racing tone give me sort of a "street" indy car feeling. I'm afraid to break it but can't help but "use" the performance every now and then. It doesn't disappoint. @ $22k for an engine...I PRAY to never blow it up. The car feels more comfortable @ 90 than 45...etc. I find myself taking the freeway for things like getting ice cream, gas, etc. A pure addiction, I LOOK for reasons to take it out. FUN CAR."

Great car

By on Monday, April 07, 2008

"I have owned it for 5 years. Bought it with 16000 ML. I have covered 52000 miles,need rear tires every 17000 ML. Maintenance for this car is minimal only took it to Porsche for 65000 service,oil change at intervals of 8000 ML. I just keep the oil topped up with Mobil one. Never had any problem. Again Great car"

By far the best vehicle I ever owned.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, looks, fun."

Cons: "Lack of technology; leather starting to crack."

"A wonderful car in all respects. Fun to drive, a solid, quality feel, and difficult to give up because it is so reliable."

Nothing comes close in the price range

By on Friday, January 13, 2012

Pros: "Makes you feel like a hero every time you drive it"

Cons: "Needs to be driven fast to be enjoyed"

"Given the current market value of this car it is an absolute steal. To get similar performance your options are either a semi exotic (F430, Gallardo, for example) at 3 or more times the price with very high maintenance cost or a Japanese supercar that just doesn't have the refined styling or ride. This car is really a no-brainer for anyone looking for a true sports car on a realistic budget. The car is very dependable and is very unlikely to leave you stranded. The engine platform is a carryover from the air-cooled racing block and doesn't suffer the same IMS issues as the naturally aspirated 996's of the same generation. The turbo platform also offers nearly endless possibilities for tuning and performance - There are people that are easily putting down 500 BHP with just a flash and exhaust. 700HP is easily attainable with stock internals by adding larger turbos. Handling is very confidence inspiring with stability management and AWD. Just point it and go - The traction and PSM are never intrusive like on many other vehicles - The only times that you know that they are there are times when you really want them to intervene - It's still possible break the tail looks and chirp the tires from 1st to 2nd shifts with these systems enabled. The ride is nice for what it is - OK for daily driving and OK for light track duty - I opted for the X73 euro spec option and the ride is decidedly stiffer and more suited to track use - Regardless, I still use this as my DD and have no complaints. As far as comfort and interior, it's subjective - The interior is well put together, clean and almost spartan - There isn't a lot of gimmicky eye candy in the cockpit - Everything is fairly well laid out and even though the interior is basic for a car in this price range, there's nothing missing for a car that follows a design philosophy that emphasizes performance. Rough roads are noisy and in the case of my X73, the interior noise is enough that there's really no point trying to listen to the sound system. Honestly, I see no point in having a radio in this car and the original cost of the Bose premium sound system is a waste of money. If you want something enjoyable to listen to while you drive, get a nice aftermarket exhaust system like I did and leave the stereo off. This is a great time to buy this car - There are many owners that keep them as their garage queens and you can find many examples in superb condition with very low miles. These cars have also seen the bulk of depreciation at this point so you can likely find one at about a third the price of a new 997 turbo. I highly recommend this car for anyone that loves to drive the car as it was intended to be driven."

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals