2000 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 209 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

9.8/10

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"I was warned that after this car, I'll never want to drive another, and it's true. Super drive, fast, responsive, simply great!"

WOW.

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun, Fast, Attractive, Refined when driven lightly"

Cons: "Slim seats (I'm 175), Less than impressive speaker"

"I bought this because I'm getting too old to ride a crotch rocket motorcycle. My reflexes aren't what they used to be and that can equal death on a motorcycle. This IS a crotch rocket on 4 wheels. The engine has a similar higher rpm powerband and propels the car like a slingshot. Additionally, the rear engine and racing tone give me sort of a "street" indy car feeling. I'm afraid to break it but can't help but "use" the performance every now and then. It doesn't disappoint. @ $22k for an engine...I PRAY to never blow it up. The car feels more comfortable @ 90 than 45...etc. I find myself taking the freeway for things like getting ice cream, gas, etc. A pure addiction, I LOOK for reasons to take it out. FUN CAR."

99 Carrera 2

By on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"Bought from a dealer with 30K on the clock, everything worked and all required maint. had been performed by previous owner. 6 Speed w 18" factory alloys and Ltd slip. Car is much more civilized than earlier models, suitable for highway cruising in comfort. Good A/C and sound systems. Acceleration, braking and handling are superior to anything in it's price range, and maybe anything available. It has never broken, been towed, or even needed anything other than routine maintenance. Replaced the tires with Sumitomo HTR ZIII vs Pirelli's P Zero Rosso and its an entirely different car. Rides better, road noise is less, and the handling / braking is the same or better. I have owned Boxsters, Early 911's, 928's, and 944's, and this is unquestionably the best Porsche available. Highly recommend a 996 or 997 to anyone seeking a great performance 2 seater."

By far the best vehicle I ever owned.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, looks, fun."

Cons: "Lack of technology; leather starting to crack."

"A wonderful car in all respects. Fun to drive, a solid, quality feel, and difficult to give up because it is so reliable."

Fun!

By on Saturday, February 02, 2008

"Great car to drive; the mechanical issues can arise fast. Never jump start these models- trickle charge them. Electrical system seems to be touchy. Rough ride but that's what you can expect when the vehicle is built for speed and feel. I love the looks of it. The lines are cleaner than any other car on the road in my opinion. Fun to run and if you can I recommend enjoying at least a year in style."

Great Value Sports Car

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"I bought a manual '00 C4S Cabrio in mid 2009. Had 59K on the clock, two owners and full service record. Price was great considering the engineering in these cars. Its my daily driver and driving it with the top down is the best way to start the day - and the best way to end it. The ride can be a bit rough on the terrible NY streets - but out on the open road its a dream. It is so well built that it really inspires confidence. Maintenance can be expensive - but so far I've changed the pads and filters myself - so am spending less than I was on the dull Japanese car I used to have. The car is so well designed and engineered that the maintenance tasks were actually much easier than expected. The car looks good despite its age - paint polished up well - and the lines are timeless. I would recommend the 911 to anyone who is a serious driver and serious about cars."

Wow!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"What a blast to drive! Great acceleration, handling and braking. Enormous fun on track days, just put a better brake pad like Pagids on the car for a full weekend at the track. Use mine as a daily driver - ride is a bit firm but not terrible. Carrera and Carrera4 are incredible bargains used - save yourself half the sticker price and still get a car with a long life in it."

Best supercar for everyday driver

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I have a '01 Turbo Carrera and this is my fourth Carrera. These are great cars which have improved over time. Maintenance is good, the ride is comfortable but you still know you're in a sports car, and the performance is there when you need it. Although the comforts aren't quite up to Lexus standards, they're pretty darned close, which is quite impressive given that this is primarily a sports car. While the car wasn't inexpensive new ($140K with options), I'd recommend it as the best car out there if you want to drive a sports car on a daily basis."

out performed

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"Have had 1999 911 c-2 coupe for 3 years.. up graded tires and rims.. runs like a champ.. have 49,000 miles on it no problems I am second owner would get another one in a minute.. will keep this 3 to 4 more years.. only put 5000 miles on it a year.. great weekend vehcile excellant gas mileage 28 to 30 mile per gallon.. fun and sporty to drive"

A Cabriolet Classic

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"This is my 3rd Porker but first 4WD and I am still enthralled after more than 100,000 miles. This one is a keeper and I have no intention of selling it yet. The engine just gets better and better - though I did get a new crankshafy courtesy of Porsche USA after 80000 miles. I take it regularly for track days where it performs really well without the hindrance of traffic signals. Tiptronic is just great!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals