1999 Porsche 911

9.5

Based on 207 Ratings for the 1999 - 2004 models.

9.8/10

Best vehicle ever!!!

By on Wednesday, April 04, 2012

"I was warned that after this car, I'll never want to drive another, and it's true. Super drive, fast, responsive, simply great!"

WOW.

By on Thursday, August 22, 2013

Pros: "Fun, Fast, Attractive, Refined when driven lightly"

Cons: "Slim seats (I'm 175), Less than impressive speaker"

"I bought this because I'm getting too old to ride a crotch rocket motorcycle. My reflexes aren't what they used to be and that can equal death on a motorcycle. This IS a crotch rocket on 4 wheels. The engine has a similar higher rpm powerband and propels the car like a slingshot. Additionally, the rear engine and racing tone give me sort of a "street" indy car feeling. I'm afraid to break it but can't help but "use" the performance every now and then. It doesn't disappoint. @ $22k for an engine...I PRAY to never blow it up. The car feels more comfortable @ 90 than 45...etc. I find myself taking the freeway for things like getting ice cream, gas, etc. A pure addiction, I LOOK for reasons to take it out. FUN CAR."

By far the best vehicle I ever owned.

By on Sunday, February 16, 2014

Pros: "Reliability, looks, fun."

Cons: "Lack of technology; leather starting to crack."

"A wonderful car in all respects. Fun to drive, a solid, quality feel, and difficult to give up because it is so reliable."

99 Carrera 2

By on Wednesday, September 09, 2009

"Bought from a dealer with 30K on the clock, everything worked and all required maint. had been performed by previous owner. 6 Speed w 18" factory alloys and Ltd slip. Car is much more civilized than earlier models, suitable for highway cruising in comfort. Good A/C and sound systems. Acceleration, braking and handling are superior to anything in it's price range, and maybe anything available. It has never broken, been towed, or even needed anything other than routine maintenance. Replaced the tires with Sumitomo HTR ZIII vs Pirelli's P Zero Rosso and its an entirely different car. Rides better, road noise is less, and the handling / braking is the same or better. I have owned Boxsters, Early 911's, 928's, and 944's, and this is unquestionably the best Porsche available. Highly recommend a 996 or 997 to anyone seeking a great performance 2 seater."

Forget what your wife says... BUY ONE!

By on Monday, October 20, 2008

"I have owned quite a few high end sports cars over the years, but none have come close to this one in terms of balancing incredible performance with practicality. I had a Ferrari for several years, which was a fun and beautiful car, that it spent half its life in the shop. This car makes it's semi-annual visits to the Porsche dealer for sevicing and nothing more."

Wow!

By on Wednesday, February 27, 2008

"What a blast to drive! Great acceleration, handling and braking. Enormous fun on track days, just put a better brake pad like Pagids on the car for a full weekend at the track. Use mine as a daily driver - ride is a bit firm but not terrible. Carrera and Carrera4 are incredible bargains used - save yourself half the sticker price and still get a car with a long life in it."

Fun!

By on Saturday, February 02, 2008

"Great car to drive; the mechanical issues can arise fast. Never jump start these models- trickle charge them. Electrical system seems to be touchy. Rough ride but that's what you can expect when the vehicle is built for speed and feel. I love the looks of it. The lines are cleaner than any other car on the road in my opinion. Fun to run and if you can I recommend enjoying at least a year in style."

A Cabriolet Classic

By on Monday, July 30, 2007

"This is my 3rd Porker but first 4WD and I am still enthralled after more than 100,000 miles. This one is a keeper and I have no intention of selling it yet. The engine just gets better and better - though I did get a new crankshafy courtesy of Porsche USA after 80000 miles. I take it regularly for track days where it performs really well without the hindrance of traffic signals. Tiptronic is just great!"

Best Value High Performance Car

By on Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Pros: "best value of any high performance car"

Cons: "AWD is not for everybody, but I love it."

"I am the 3rd owner of this more rare wide body C4S coupe. It has all the bells and whistles of a stock S model, is silver with light grey interior. The car is stock except for FabSpeed Headers, Cats, Muffler, and Competition Intake, which reduced some weight and added maybe 35-45 horsepower. I have not driven other high performance cars like Ferrari or Lambo, Aston, but this car I guarentee has all the power and handling capability of those cars at a much better value. The acceleration is awesome in 2nd, 3rd , 4th and 5th, i use first to get started only and am only talked about revs to like 4500...this car is so fast and powerful especially for the street. Braking is unreal, and the stock pads are so sturdy and longlasting, and do not sqeak at all under any driving. I know a Ferrari enthusiast who also owns Porche as well, and have to agree that for your money, sturdines, and pure driving experience with incredible power and handling, nothing is equal to a Porche."

Great road car!

By on Friday, August 23, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive, comfortable"

Cons: "Can't think of any"

"We took the C4S from the Bay Area to Sun Valley, Idaho, 2,200 miles all on the back roads. Very comfortable and a ton of fun. Averaged 23 mpg while crusing 80-90 mph. Very happy overall with the Porsche."

Great Value Sports Car

By on Tuesday, September 22, 2009

"I bought a manual '00 C4S Cabrio in mid 2009. Had 59K on the clock, two owners and full service record. Price was great considering the engineering in these cars. Its my daily driver and driving it with the top down is the best way to start the day - and the best way to end it. The ride can be a bit rough on the terrible NY streets - but out on the open road its a dream. It is so well built that it really inspires confidence. Maintenance can be expensive - but so far I've changed the pads and filters myself - so am spending less than I was on the dull Japanese car I used to have. The car is so well designed and engineered that the maintenance tasks were actually much easier than expected. The car looks good despite its age - paint polished up well - and the lines are timeless. I would recommend the 911 to anyone who is a serious driver and serious about cars."

Best supercar for everyday driver

By on Friday, February 22, 2008

"I have a '01 Turbo Carrera and this is my fourth Carrera. These are great cars which have improved over time. Maintenance is good, the ride is comfortable but you still know you're in a sports car, and the performance is there when you need it. Although the comforts aren't quite up to Lexus standards, they're pretty darned close, which is quite impressive given that this is primarily a sports car. While the car wasn't inexpensive new ($140K with options), I'd recommend it as the best car out there if you want to drive a sports car on a daily basis."

out performed

By on Sunday, January 27, 2008

"Have had 1999 911 c-2 coupe for 3 years.. up graded tires and rims.. runs like a champ.. have 49,000 miles on it no problems I am second owner would get another one in a minute.. will keep this 3 to 4 more years.. only put 5000 miles on it a year.. great weekend vehcile excellant gas mileage 28 to 30 mile per gallon.. fun and sporty to drive"

The only vehicle to own..

By on Friday, December 21, 2007

"I bought my 1999 996 in 2004. It had only 26K miles and now has only 40K. All I have done is suspension, wheels and tires. The car is a dark, midnight, metalic blue and sits about 1" lower then stock with 19" rims. This car is both a joy to drive and look at. For the money, it is a shear delight to drive and stands up well to most others in the same league. Remember, it is an eight year old car and can hold its own with competitors. It may not be the fastest Porsche, but it does very well with just a little suspension work (shocks and sway bar). I am planning to upgrade the brakes for better cornering/acceleration. If you own a 996 and just do what I have done, you will be pleased..."

Invokes emotional connection - For sure

By on Saturday, September 28, 2013

Pros: "Fun to drive"

Cons: "Appear to be a bitt fragile"

"The 996 is an amazing driving experience when things are working...When they don't(I've had major electrical gremlins with my car), there are a lot of expensive annoyances. I had a failed ignition switch, bad coils and a failed headlight light switch all happen within 3 months. This is in addition to a failed display panel for temp..."

I should have waited!

By on Monday, July 15, 2013

Pros: "Wow! Step on the throttle!"

Cons: "I can't take it on every trip."

"I should have waited, but after 20 years of being an absent Porsche owner I would have been better off going with a normally aspirated 911 4S. Instead, I bought a 2004 911 Cabriolet TURBO. This car is awesome. Every time I turn the key my heart jumps. When you accelerate know before hand where you want to go...because that's where you'll be once you release the brake. I am so very happy with this car. I just wish my wife of 45 years could understand that this beauty is second only to her. She thinks it rides rough. I say it handles precisely...etc. Where ever I go in this car it draws attention. Park it to run into the store and when you return it will have accumulated a small audience."

My favorite car during my 45 years of driving.

By on Friday, December 16, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive, tight, good fuel economy."

Cons: "Small trunk,"

"I have owned Audis, BMWs, Mercedes, Lexus....I love this car. It is now 10 years old and it drives like a new car. I have replaced a headlight switch and one windshield in my 8 years of ownership."

Fantastic drivers car.

By on Friday, November 04, 2011

Pros: "Fun to drive. Fast, stylish, it still turns heads."

"The Porsche 911 Carerra is a fun, fast, awesome car. It styling is unique and turns heads from both male and females alike! At my age, that's a plus!!!"

A DEAL!

By on Monday, January 12, 2009

"I have owned 5 Corvettes, 3 Porsches, 3 BMWs, etc., etc. This is a great car. I would never pay new sticker price, but got one with 30,000. You will not beat the value-period. Runs like a top and is very reliable. The ride is a little rough, but that is a small price to pay for this exotic car!! Corvettes are faster off the line, but they cannot keep up at the upper end on curvy roads. Sell you home and buy one today!"

Great Vehicle

By on Thursday, March 13, 2008

"Great vehicle. Buy with very low milage. Have it inspected prior to buying by authorized Porsche dealer. No major problems ever. Recommend an extended warranty. Expensive to fix. Only had 2 small problems that dealt with age Fast, very reliable. Would positively buy again."

Great Value For the Money!

By on Thursday, February 14, 2008

"In one word, this care is "fun"! As the years tick away, this car is still incredible fun to drive and it's performance is excellent! Even now that the car is 6 yrs old, it still catches looks everywhere...especially when the top is down! This is a true sports car that can be driven everyday. Great value for the money!"

Fine Car

By on Thursday, October 04, 2007

"I bought this car with 30,000 miles so it was not brand new. I have had it for 4 months and absolutley love it. The handling and acceleration are excellent and give a sense of confidence while driving. The hard part is staying within speed limits because the car wants to go. I would highly recommend this car to anyone who appreciates quality and the engineering put into this vehicle. It is great to run without music because the sound of the car is music enough."

A great car for touring, a blast to drive

By on Sunday, October 20, 2013

Pros: "A great car to drive."

Cons: "The IMS will need to be replaced sometime"

"I bought a used low mileage (8000 mi) C4S with no regrets. The 4WD handling is precise and secure. There is more than enough power for any sane person. Perfect for the road conditions here in the mountains. The interior is flawless; the electric seats are the most comfortable I've sat in. Only mechanical problem I've had was the passenger side electric window regulator failed, which was likely due to not being used in 10 years."

Best All Weather Sports Car Built

By on Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pros: "Fit"

Cons: "No Golf Club Hiding Spot"

Fantastic Stance.

"I've owned Firebirds, RX-7s and T/C Miatas. The Porsche C4S is way beyond all of them in fit and finish. What really sets it apart as a sports car is its balanced handling. Acceleration is crisp, braking is consistent and handling is amazing. You need a "bit" more money in parts/labor but the car gives you a lot of bang for the buck. Other than the lack of trunk (that can hold a set of golf clubs), the Porsche C4S could be the best all weather sports car out there."

Fantastic Stance.

True sports car

By on Saturday, August 21, 2010

"Car is a joy to drive. Car runs on rails both in the winter and in the summer. The spare hard top makes Minnesota winters bearable. Summer on the other hand is why this car was built. Great power and handler. A way better purchase than a new car. Absolutely no regrets. The only negative is the radio, just turn it off an listen to the engine!"

Find Deals Near You vehicles for sale matching Porsche 911 near Honolulu. See local deals